Start by marking “The Sirius Mystery: New Scientific Evidence of Alien Contact 5,000 Years Ago” as Want to Read:
The Sirius Mystery: New Scientific Evidence of Alien Contact 5,000 Years Ago

The Sirius Mystery: New Scientific Evidence of Alien Contact 5,000 Years Ago

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  561 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Convincing evidence that the Egyptian, Sumerian, and Dogon civilizations were founded by aliens from the Sirius star system who are now ready to return

• Updated with 140 pages of new scientific evidence that solidifies the hypothesis that the KGB, CIA, and NASA attempted to suppress

• An awe-inspiring work of research that calls for a profound
Paperback, 1st U.S. edition, 464 pages
Published October 1st 1998 by Destiny Books (first published January 1st 1976)

To ask other readers questions about The Sirius Mystery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sirius Mystery

Fallen Angels by Deborah McClatcheyChariots of The Gods by Erich von Däniken2001 by Arthur C. ClarkeThe Sirius Mystery by Robert K.G. TempleTechnology of the Gods by David Hatcher Childress
Ancient Aliens
4th out of 52 books — 50 voters
The Aquatic Ape Hypothesis by Elaine MorganForbidden History by J. Douglas KenyonThe Hidden History of the Human Race - The condensed edition ... by Michael A. CremoTechnology of the Gods by David Hatcher ChildressUnderworld by Graham Hancock
Origins of Man
6th out of 21 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Tim
Absolute bullshit
Bkrepp
Non-Fiction. Yes I do like this sort of thing. There's a tribe in Africa, the Dogon's who can recount the planets and others stars surrounding the star Sirius. The information that they have was not discovered by astronomers until 1920/30's (can't remember exactly). The information the Dogon's have has been passed down from generation to generation. There's more to the book than just this. Good read, again if you like this sort of book.
Derek Stover
must read for yourself. skeptical at first glance, but once read into, and with the historical evidence of the Dogon Tribe, it seems plausable.
Katerina
I was hoping for more and I'm having troubles trusting him.
Sam Hendrick
neat ideas presented here but it goes off subject with toomuch heavy data and what if's.
problem is most people don't understand that a lot of the ancient scriptures were written with the spirit of the word in mind not the litteral tranlation of it.
Here he was looking to hard the connection of the data and not just sticking to the facts. lost a lot of good adat cause of that.
lots and lots of data combined to make lots of heavy reading. Break out your dictionaries and mythology books and anc
Chloe
Fun ideas. I always enjoy playing "what if?".
The Hermit's
As a young and not so 'well-read' 18 year old I found this to be an engrossing intelligent read and for all intents and purposes I did learn some history and it was a great form of entertainment; probably more so now with the extra 100 pages on government coverups. But I don't agree with his ultimate theory of alien contact or even past knowledge of an star system invisible to the naked eye and his research seems to be flawed. Check out Bad Archaeology's The Sirius Myster entry
Harsh Parmar
Good books
Thomas Walsh
I've been waiting to read this for a long time. I saw the author on H2 "Ancient Aliens" and wrote down the title of his book. His theories on the Dogon alone are so fascinating, I lost my place in history and the universe. He has rewritten history! There are many internets sites devoted to this too!! If you like the H2's "Ancient Aliens" you will flip over this work. IT's been revised, to keep it current with discoveries since it's original publication.
Patti See
Maybe it's my pea brain but I found this book to be muddled and confusing. Just when Mr. Temple gets on to a great point, he goes off on some tangent and loses my interest. He's a bit of a name dropper and likes to pat himself on the back. That said, it does pose some great questions about the mysterious antiquities of our planet and origins. Do the Dogons hold the key?
George Mills
I had a lot of fun with this book. It's great to suspend disbelief and imagine that there really is a civilization out there. Aside from this, the value of works like this is that they bring out many things for which we have no answer. Academia needs to address itself to the Dogon and not simply wave their mythology off - vacuums have a way of being filled up.
Anna
This is a very interesting book. It goes too many details time to time but still it is very intriguing. At the end of the book, Mr. Temple is talking about how a member of the Masons approached him and showed their interest in his research. If there is another Masonic group in the Sirius system, we are really doomed.
Catherine Baum
Everyone should read this,looks like a typical airy fairy new age book and I was reluctant to dive in, but when I did I realised there are fundamental and obvious scientific facts we don't get told about our existence.
Malia
Alot of reseach, text not many pictures. This is a thinking book.
I like that it is updated thru time. Fascinating! Technology is proof to the pudding. Who really knows?
kate
I borrowed this from Doc like 6 years ago and read it but I just found it at a used book store and I'm gonna read it again cause I don't remember if I'm convinced or not.
Christopher
A great book about the possibility of alien contact in prehistoric human civilizations.
Derek Baldwin
a bit heavy-going at times but a deeply thought-provoking book
Dan
Mostly notable in that it is not as bad as Von Danniken.
Jess Cat
Jess Cat marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Christopher Peart
Christopher Peart marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Neverdust
Neverdust marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Ali Musa
Ali Musa is currently reading it
Rachel Scott
Rachel Scott marked it as to-read
Sherry Curry
Sherry Curry marked it as to-read
Ramses
Ramses marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Brandon Salmeron
Brandon Salmeron marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Dave Zebian
Dave Zebian marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
  • The Orion Mystery: Unlocking the Secrets of the Pyramids
  • The Mars Mystery
  • Maps of the Ancient Sea Kings: Evidence of Advanced Civilization in the Ice Age
  • Technology of the Gods: The Incredible Sciences of the Ancients
  • Gods of Eden
  • The Lost Book of Enki: Memoirs & Prophecies of an Extraterrestrial God
  • From the Ashes of Angels: The Forbidden Legacy of a Fallen Race
  • Forbidden History: Prehistoric Technologies, Extraterrestrial Intervention, and the Suppressed Origins of Civilization
  • The Hidden History of the Human Race - The condensed edition of Forbidden Archeology
  • The Stargate Conspiracy
  • From Atlantis to the Sphinx
  • The Atlantis Blueprint: Unlocking the Ancient Mysteries of a Long-lost Civilization
  • The Eyes of the Sphinx: The Newest Evidence of Extraterrestial Contact in Ancient Egypt
  • Lost Technologies of Ancient Egypt: Advanced Engineering in the Temples of the Pharaohs
  • The Ancient Engineers
The Genius of China: 3,000 Years of Science, Discovery, and Invention The Sphinx Mystery: The Forgotten Origins of the Sanctuary of Anubis The Crystal Sun : Rediscovering a Lost Technology of the Ancient World Netherworld: Discovering The Oracle of the Dead Egyptian Dawn