Start by marking “The Sirius Mystery: New Scientific Evidence of Alien Contact 5,000 Years Ago” as Want to Read:
The Sirius Mystery: New Scientific Evidence of Alien Contact 5,000 Years Ago

The Sirius Mystery: New Scientific Evidence of Alien Contact 5,000 Years Ago

3.94  ·  Rating Details  ·  648 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Convincing evidence that the Egyptian, Sumerian, and Dogon civilizations were founded by aliens from the Sirius star system who are now ready to return

• Updated with 140 pages of new scientific evidence that solidifies the hypothesis that the KGB, CIA, and NASA attempted to suppress

• An awe-inspiring work of research that calls for a profound reappraisal of our role in the
Paperback, 1st U.S. edition, 464 pages
Published October 1st 1998 by Destiny Books (first published January 1st 1976)

To ask other readers questions about The Sirius Mystery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sirius Mystery

Chariots of The Gods by Erich von DänikenFallen Angels by Deborah McClatchey2001 by Arthur C. ClarkeThe Sirius Mystery by Robert K.G. TempleTechnology of the Gods by David Hatcher Childress
Ancient Aliens
4th out of 54 books — 53 voters
The Aquatic Ape Hypothesis by Elaine MorganForbidden History by J. Douglas KenyonThe Hidden History of the Human Race - The condensed edition ... by Michael A. CremoChildren Of The Ice by John GribbinTechnology of the Gods by David Hatcher Childress
Origins of Man
9th out of 25 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Steve Cran
Nov 30, 2015 Steve Cran rated it really liked it
The Sirius Mystery

“It’s aliens I tell you?” Yeah Yeah we have heard it all before. Zecharia Sitchin hypothesized that aliens came from a planet with an extreme elliptical orbit around our sun called Nabiru. The planet comes into contact with ours supposedly every 3,600 years and that aliens cam to our planet and spliced our genes. Now this is based on his reading of Sumerian, Egyptian and biblical scripture. Robert Temple has a more realistic theory and demonstrates his knowledge of pagan myster
Bkrepp
Sep 10, 2007 Bkrepp rated it it was amazing
Non-Fiction. Yes I do like this sort of thing. There's a tribe in Africa, the Dogon's who can recount the planets and others stars surrounding the star Sirius. The information that they have was not discovered by astronomers until 1920/30's (can't remember exactly). The information the Dogon's have has been passed down from generation to generation. There's more to the book than just this. Good read, again if you like this sort of book.
Tim
Feb 14, 2013 Tim rated it did not like it
Absolute bullshit
Catherine Baum
Jun 14, 2012 Catherine Baum rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everyone should read this,looks like a typical airy fairy new age book and I was reluctant to dive in, but when I did I realised there are fundamental and obvious scientific facts we don't get told about our existence.
Derek Baldwin
Jul 28, 2011 Derek Baldwin rated it really liked it
a bit heavy-going at times but a deeply thought-provoking book
Derek Stover
Nov 01, 2014 Derek Stover rated it really liked it
must read for yourself. skeptical at first glance, but once read into, and with the historical evidence of the Dogon Tribe, it seems plausable.
Carolyn Burton
Feb 02, 2016 Carolyn Burton marked it as to-read
I found the subject matter to be quite interesting. I would definitely purchase this book.
Sam Hendrick
Mar 19, 2008 Sam Hendrick rated it liked it
Shelves:
neat ideas presented here but it goes off subject with toomuch heavy data and what if's.
problem is most people don't understand that a lot of the ancient scriptures were written with the spirit of the word in mind not the litteral tranlation of it.
Here he was looking to hard the connection of the data and not just sticking to the facts. lost a lot of good adat cause of that.
lots and lots of data combined to make lots of heavy reading. Break out your dictionaries and mythology books and anc
Chloe
May 25, 2014 Chloe rated it liked it
Fun ideas. I always enjoy playing "what if?".
The Hermit's
Jan 18, 2013 The Hermit's rated it liked it
As a young and not so 'well-read' 18 year old I found this to be an engrossing intelligent read and for all intents and purposes I did learn some history and it was a great form of entertainment; probably more so now with the extra 100 pages on government coverups. But I don't agree with his ultimate theory of alien contact or even past knowledge of an star system invisible to the naked eye and his research seems to be flawed. Check out Bad Archaeology's The Sirius Myster entry
Harsh Parmar
Mar 31, 2015 Harsh Parmar rated it it was ok
Shelves: harsh
Good books
Thomas Walsh
I've been waiting to read this for a long time. I saw the author on H2 "Ancient Aliens" and wrote down the title of his book. His theories on the Dogon alone are so fascinating, I lost my place in history and the universe. He has rewritten history! There are many internets sites devoted to this too!! If you like the H2's "Ancient Aliens" you will flip over this work. IT's been revised, to keep it current with discoveries since it's original publication.
John Bentley
Sep 08, 2015 John Bentley rated it it was amazing
This is a brilliant book on mans' connection with the stars and other worlds condemned as being without evidence, but then so have been many sci-fi books which have paved the way with far out concepts which have come true. Sure the book is speculative but much of the information make one think seriously about our place in the universe and that we may freely travel in it with its other members if we only have the intelligence to do so.
John Bentley
Sep 08, 2015 John Bentley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you believe Homo Sapiens is likely to arrived on Earth via an alien race and want some seriously intelligent and imaginative evidence for it then this is the exceptional book for you. Many people, including the great DNA scientist Francis Crick hold the same views as explained in the novel The Royal Secret and that humanity has the means to return from whence it came. This book maybe speculative but it if so it is brilliantly done.
Patti See
Maybe it's my pea brain but I found this book to be muddled and confusing. Just when Mr. Temple gets on to a great point, he goes off on some tangent and loses my interest. He's a bit of a name dropper and likes to pat himself on the back. That said, it does pose some great questions about the mysterious antiquities of our planet and origins. Do the Dogons hold the key?
George Mills
I had a lot of fun with this book. It's great to suspend disbelief and imagine that there really is a civilization out there. Aside from this, the value of works like this is that they bring out many things for which we have no answer. Academia needs to address itself to the Dogon and not simply wave their mythology off - vacuums have a way of being filled up.
Damon
A fun read
Anna
Jul 28, 2011 Anna rated it really liked it
This is a very interesting book. It goes too many details time to time but still it is very intriguing. At the end of the book, Mr. Temple is talking about how a member of the Masons approached him and showed their interest in his research. If there is another Masonic group in the Sirius system, we are really doomed.
Malia
Oct 03, 2011 Malia rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Alot of reseach, text not many pictures. This is a thinking book.
I like that it is updated thru time. Fascinating! Technology is proof to the pudding. Who really knows?
kate
May 06, 2009 kate rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
I borrowed this from Doc like 6 years ago and read it but I just found it at a used book store and I'm gonna read it again cause I don't remember if I'm convinced or not.
Christopher
Dec 26, 2008 Christopher rated it really liked it
A great book about the possibility of alien contact in prehistoric human civilizations.
Dan
Jul 21, 2007 Dan rated it it was ok
Mostly notable in that it is not as bad as Von Danniken.
Mark
Jan 14, 2011 Mark rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed it.
Kishia Di angelo
Kishia Di angelo marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
BT Nutter
BT Nutter marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Paul Lionel
Paul Lionel marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Vadim
Vadim marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Luke Mennuni
Luke Mennuni marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Katarina
Katarina is currently reading it
Apr 24, 2016
  • The Orion Mystery: Unlocking the Secrets of the Pyramids
  • The Mars Mystery
  • Technology of the Gods: The Incredible Sciences of the Ancients
  • Maps of the Ancient Sea Kings: Evidence of Advanced Civilization in the Ice Age
  • From the Ashes of Angels: The Forbidden Legacy of a Fallen Race
  • The Lost Book of Enki: Memoirs & Prophecies of an Extraterrestrial God
  • Forbidden History: Prehistoric Technologies, Extraterrestrial Intervention, and the Suppressed Origins of Civilization
  • The Hidden History of the Human Race - The condensed edition of Forbidden Archeology
  • Gods of Eden
  • From Atlantis to the Sphinx
  • The Stargate Conspiracy
  • The Mayan Prophecies: Unlocking the Secrets of a Lost Civilization
  • Uriel's Machine
  • The Giza Power Plant: Technologies of Ancient Egypt
  • The Atlantis Blueprint: Unlocking the Ancient Mysteries of a Long-lost Civilization
  • The Eyes of the Sphinx: The Newest Evidence of Extraterrestial Contact in Ancient Egypt

“Egyptians in the pre-dynastic times before 3200 B.C., from which people I show that the Dogon are partially descended culturally, and probably physically as well.” 0 likes