Start by marking “Rosetta's Daring Day (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #14)” as Want to Read:
Rosetta's Daring Day (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #14)

Rosetta's Daring Day (Tales of Pixie Hollow #14)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  276 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Rosetta and Fawn are complete opposites. Rosetta loves fancy dresses and flowers. Fawn would rather go on adventures with her animal friends. Then the queen throws a fancy dinner, and Fawn decides she doesn’t want to go. So Rosetta makes a deal with her. If Fawn dresses up for the dinner and minds her manners, Rosetta will spend a day doing whatever Fawn wants. Rosetta thi ...more
Published August 25th 2009 by Random House (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Rosetta's Daring Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rosetta's Daring Day

Barbara
Rosetta's Daring Day. By Lisa Papademetriou. Illustrated by Judith Holmes Clarke, Adrienne Brown, & Charles Pickens. Random House, 2009. 118 pages.

Genre: Fantasy
Recommended age level: Primary (4-8 years)
Series information: #14 in the Disney Fairies: Tales of Pixie Hollow series
Subjects and themes: friendship, self-sacrifice, courage, fear, individuality

Rosetta is a beautiful and dainty garden-talent fairy, while her friend, Fawn, is a tomboyish and fun-loving animal-talent fairy. The two f
Shelby Ward
Even though two people can be complete opposites, they can still be the best of friends. In this book a garden fairy (rosetta) and an animal fairy (fawn) are the best of friends. They both help each other feel special on different occasions. Rosetta was brave to save Fawn and Fawn was brave to wear a pretty dress and look all fancy. In the end, this was a great story. I would highly recommend it for children.
Jan
Rosetta was a garden-talent fairy who loved beautiful things -- flowers and frilly dresses and delicate petal shoes. She hated to get dirty. In her flower patch, everything was in perfect order. Her friend Fawn was just the opposite. Fawn was a rough-and-tumble animal-talent fairy who loved playing acorn ball and talking to animals.

In this Pixie Hollow story, the two friends agree to each spend a day doing what the other wants. The characters are so stereotypical that it becomes annoying to read
Elisha
I learned that it is good to try something new, as long as you DON'T get hurt physically or emotionally or that someone else gets hurt. Remember that life is one big party and you have to accept the dresses, makeup, and shoes in life as well as the worms, slugs, and mud. We all have to get dirty at least SOMETIMES, I mean that's what showers are for!!! Even though to other people getting dirty may not seem scary or brave to other people, it matters what you think. AND REMEMBER, your true friends ...more
Shannon McGee
I have to say this one was not one of my favorites. Usually the Disney Fairies are spot on lessons while the friendship aspect was right the part about facing your fear just felt off to me. Yes they both face there fear and receive an award but in real life the reward is facing your fear you do not always get a reward. So that part irked me.

I know it’s a kids book but still you are trying to teach kids with these books.
Citra Mardiati
Bercerita tentang persahabatan antara Rosetta dan Fawn. Rosetta yang cantik dan serba rapi, sedangkan Fawn yang tomboy dan senang berkotor-kotoran. Petualangan mereka mengingatkan saya pada sahabat-sahabat saya. Yang paling saya suka sebenarnya ilustrasinya, hehehe... Karena sewaktu kecil saya hanya berkesempatan menikmati dongeng hanya dari majalah, tidak ada salahnya sekarang mencoba melahap dongeng lagi, hehehe...
Lilly Fife
This was a really fun and adventerous book! Rosetta trys to get Tinker Bell to dress up for a party, but she won't do it unless Rosetta does something that Tinker Bell wants to do. Rosetta says "yes" and thinks it's not going to be too bad-but it's NOT what she had in mind.
Sydney
rosetta makes a deal with fawn: fawn has to wear dresses and mind her manners while rosetta has to spend the day helping the animals. they basically switch jobs. rosetta ends up hating the animal job because she gets her dress all dirty and gets stinky.
Dyah
Rosetta is not among my favorite fairies, but I can relate to her fondness of beautiful things.

This story doesnt show us Rosetta's skill with flowers, instead it shows how she is able to overcome her fear. A good morale for children, no doubt.
Shauna
I don't love the Disney Fairy books, but Sallie does. This one has actually allowed us to talk together about what "being a friend" means. Only one chapter to go. Hurrah!
Rachel
Cute story with a good lesson in not trying to change our friends and accepting our differences.
Friends do things for each other.
Jaime
We love all the disney fairies series!
Amy
Elise
Elise added it
May 20, 2015
Milaina
Milaina marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Becca
Becca marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Sumit
Sumit marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Audrey
Audrey marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Rebeccadanielle
Rebeccadanielle marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Ifvana
Ifvana is currently reading it
Apr 27, 2015
  • Fawn and the Mysterious Trickster (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #13)
  • Queen Clarion's Secret (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #16)
  • Silvermist and the Ladybug Curse (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #12)
  • Tink, North of Never Land (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #9)
  • Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)
  • Lily's Pesky Plant (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #4)
  • Four Clues for Rani (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #21)
  • A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)
  • Fairies and the Quest for Never Land
  • Cherry the Cake Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #15; Party Fairies, #1)
Bestselling author Lisa Papademetriou is the author of the 'Confectionately Yours' series, 'Middle School: Big, Fat Liar' and 'Homeroom Diaries' (both with James Patterson), and many other novels for middle grade and young adult readers. Her books have appeared on the Bank Street Best Books of the Year list, the NYPL Books for the Teen Age, and the Texas Lone Star Reading List, among others. A for ...more
More about Lisa Papademetriou...

Tales of Pixie Hollow (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • The Trouble With Tink (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #1)
  • Vidia and the Fairy Crown (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #2)
  • Beck and the Great Berry Battle (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #3)
  • Lily's Pesky Plant (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #4)
  • Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #5)
  • Fira and the Full Moon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #6)
  • A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)
  • Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)
  • Tink, North of Never Land (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #9)
  • Beck Beyond the Sea (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #10)
Accidentally Fabulous (Accidentally, #1; Candy Apple #12) How to Be a Girly Girl in Just Ten Days (Candy Apple #4) Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #5) Save the Cupcake! (Confectionately Yours, #1) M or F?