Start by marking “Rosetta's Daring Day (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #14)” as Want to Read:
Rosetta's Daring Day (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #14)

Rosetta's Daring Day (Tales of Pixie Hollow #14)

Rosetta and Fawn are complete opposites. Rosetta loves fancy dresses and flowers. Fawn would rather go on adventures with her animal friends. Then the queen throws a fancy dinner, and Fawn decides she doesn’t want to go. So Rosetta makes a deal with her. If Fawn dresses up for the dinner and minds her manners, Rosetta will spend a day doing whatever Fawn wants. Rosetta thi ...more
Published August 25th 2009 by Random House (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Rosetta's Daring Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rosetta's Daring Day

Aliza Heslop
Feb 09, 2017 Aliza Heslop rated it really liked it
I love how her day was horrible then the best day ever!
Michelle
We haven't quite been going in order in this series since I let my daughter pick which book to read next and she mostly goes by the cover. This was a good lesson in hiw different people and their interests can be, and also learning to be honest with yourself. She didn't enjoy it quite as much as the other two we've read, but there were some good lessons to be learned at least.
Barbara
Jun 22, 2013 Barbara rated it liked it
Rosetta's Daring Day. By Lisa Papademetriou. Illustrated by Judith Holmes Clarke, Adrienne Brown, & Charles Pickens. Random House, 2009. 118 pages.

Genre: Fantasy
Recommended age level: Primary (4-8 years)
Series information: #14 in the Disney Fairies: Tales of Pixie Hollow series
Subjects and themes: friendship, self-sacrifice, courage, fear, individuality

Rosetta is a beautiful and dainty garden-talent fairy, while her friend, Fawn, is a tomboyish and fun-loving animal-talent fairy. The two f
Jan
Sep 01, 2009 Jan rated it liked it
Rosetta was a garden-talent fairy who loved beautiful things -- flowers and frilly dresses and delicate petal shoes. She hated to get dirty. In her flower patch, everything was in perfect order. Her friend Fawn was just the opposite. Fawn was a rough-and-tumble animal-talent fairy who loved playing acorn ball and talking to animals.

In this Pixie Hollow story, the two friends agree to each spend a day doing what the other wants. The characters are so stereotypical that it becomes annoying to read
Sarah Crawford
Jan 15, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it
There's a small fire, and the fairies work quickly to put it out before it could spread all the way to Pixie Hollow. Fawn plays a major role in this, while Rosetta, who was also there, doesn't do anything to help. She doesn't want to get dirty or have her clothes ruined.

Later, there's a special dinner party given by Queen Clarion to honor those who helped, and Rosetta is not given a medal.

Rosetta and Fawn had made an arrangement that results in Rosetta spending a day with Fawn, supposedly to ha
Elisha
Apr 23, 2013 Elisha rated it it was amazing
I learned that it is good to try something new, as long as you DON'T get hurt physically or emotionally or that someone else gets hurt. Remember that life is one big party and you have to accept the dresses, makeup, and shoes in life as well as the worms, slugs, and mud. We all have to get dirty at least SOMETIMES, I mean that's what showers are for!!! Even though to other people getting dirty may not seem scary or brave to other people, it matters what you think. AND REMEMBER, your true friends ...more
Citra Mardiati
Bercerita tentang persahabatan antara Rosetta dan Fawn. Rosetta yang cantik dan serba rapi, sedangkan Fawn yang tomboy dan senang berkotor-kotoran. Petualangan mereka mengingatkan saya pada sahabat-sahabat saya. Yang paling saya suka sebenarnya ilustrasinya, hehehe... Karena sewaktu kecil saya hanya berkesempatan menikmati dongeng hanya dari majalah, tidak ada salahnya sekarang mencoba melahap dongeng lagi, hehehe...
Shelby Ward
Apr 29, 2014 Shelby Ward rated it really liked it
Even though two people can be complete opposites, they can still be the best of friends. In this book a garden fairy (rosetta) and an animal fairy (fawn) are the best of friends. They both help each other feel special on different occasions. Rosetta was brave to save Fawn and Fawn was brave to wear a pretty dress and look all fancy. In the end, this was a great story. I would highly recommend it for children.
Artemis
Dec 22, 2016 Artemis rated it really liked it
These illustrations were on point. Rosetta looks gorgeous in her long auburn hair and so did Fawn, dressed up!

It reminded me of Tinker Bell and the Never Beast Disney Fairies movie where they really changed Fawn -- hair, personality -- it really bordered on whitewashing, kind of.

I'm glad Fawn stayed true to form here, a bit tomboyish, rough but loyal and helpful. I like Rosetta's growth here too, though the title was somewhat misleading.
Shannon McGee
Aug 18, 2010 Shannon McGee rated it it was ok
Shelves: faeries, 2012
I have to say this one was not one of my favorites. Usually the Disney Fairies are spot on lessons while the friendship aspect was right the part about facing your fear just felt off to me. Yes they both face there fear and receive an award but in real life the reward is facing your fear you do not always get a reward. So that part irked me.

I know it’s a kids book but still you are trying to teach kids with these books.
Lilly Fife
Sep 17, 2009 Lilly Fife rated it really liked it
This was a really fun and adventerous book! Rosetta trys to get Tinker Bell to dress up for a party, but she won't do it unless Rosetta does something that Tinker Bell wants to do. Rosetta says "yes" and thinks it's not going to be too bad-but it's NOT what she had in mind.
Dyah
Oct 28, 2012 Dyah rated it it was ok
Rosetta is not among my favorite fairies, but I can relate to her fondness of beautiful things.

This story doesnt show us Rosetta's skill with flowers, instead it shows how she is able to overcome her fear. A good morale for children, no doubt.
Sydney
Nov 15, 2013 Sydney rated it really liked it
rosetta makes a deal with fawn: fawn has to wear dresses and mind her manners while rosetta has to spend the day helping the animals. they basically switch jobs. rosetta ends up hating the animal job because she gets her dress all dirty and gets stinky.
Indira Iljas
Selesai saat sedang di ruang "inspirasi" .... :)
Shauna
May 12, 2010 Shauna rated it liked it
Shelves: with-sallie
I don't love the Disney Fairy books, but Sallie does. This one has actually allowed us to talk together about what "being a friend" means. Only one chapter to go. Hurrah!
Rachel
Cute story with a good lesson in not trying to change our friends and accepting our differences.
Jaime
Apr 15, 2012 Jaime rated it really liked it
We love all the disney fairies series!
Paula
Paula rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2014
Briana LS
Briana LS rated it it was ok
Jan 16, 2012
Peyton Terry
Peyton Terry rated it it was amazing
Oct 09, 2014
Psalm
Psalm rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2012
Lilly
Lilly rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2015
ShadowGirl818
ShadowGirl818 rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Barbara
Barbara rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2011
B
B rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2013
Esmaya
Esmaya rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Tiffany Nicole
Tiffany Nicole rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2014
Lindsey del Castillo
Lindsey del Castillo rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2016
Jenna Marie
Jenna Marie rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2014
Brookiecookie
Brookiecookie rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2014
  • Fawn and the Mysterious Trickster (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #13)
  • Queen Clarion's Secret (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #16)
  • Silvermist and the Ladybug Curse (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #12)
  • Tink, North of Never Land (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #9)
  • Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)
  • Lily's Pesky Plant (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #4)
  • Four Clues for Rani (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #21)
  • A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)
  • Fairies and the Quest for Never Land (Disney Fairies #3)
  • Cherry the Cake Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #15; Party Fairies, #1)
Bestselling author Lisa Papademetriou is the author of the 'Confectionately Yours' series, 'Middle School: Big, Fat Liar' and 'Homeroom Diaries' (both with James Patterson), and many other novels for middle grade and young adult readers. Her books have appeared on the Bank Street Best Books of the Year list, the NYPL Books for the Teen Age, and the Texas Lone Star Reading List, among others. A for ...more
More about Lisa Papademetriou...

Tales of Pixie Hollow (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • The Trouble With Tink (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #1)
  • Vidia and the Fairy Crown (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #2)
  • Beck and the Great Berry Battle (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #3)
  • Lily's Pesky Plant (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #4)
  • Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #5)
  • Fira and the Full Moon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #6)
  • A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)
  • Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)
  • Tink, North of Never Land (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #9)
  • Beck Beyond the Sea (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #10)