Start by marking “Children of the Earth... Remember” as Want to Read:
Children of the Earth... Remember

Children of the Earth... Remember

4.5 of 5 stars 4.50  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  15 reviews
A companion to the author's first book, Dear Children of the Earth, this book tells the story of the one big family of Mother Earth, in a lesson of sharing and protecting our planet.
Published August 1st 1997 by Northword Press (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Children of the Earth... Remember, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Children of the Earth... Remember

Angela
Absolutely beautiful book with an important and inspirational message for children and adults alike - take care of our planet, and of our brothers and sisters, the animals. The illustrations are amazing.
Alicia
This is one of my favorite books of all time. It is such an earthy look at how animals and humans are all connected to this planet. The pictures are fantastic. I love everything about this book.
Mcmonster
A great book! I loved it when i was a kid and even when I pick it up and read it today, it is still inspiring.
Brynn Sugarman
I reread this book recently and was reminded of how a picture book of few words can contain a truly powerful message. Schim Schimmel's illustrations are gorgeous and poignant. Children and adults alike will be reminded of the interconnectedness of all things, of a primordial world where all beings intrinsically knew that they were dependent upon one another and part of the extended family of Life. This is a reality which the animals, who are tuned in to nature (or G-d's will, however you define ...more
Lobeck
Jun 23, 2007 Lobeck rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: kids
The illustrations are the best part. Animals and nature are made ethereal by an unusual combination of images - dinosaurs in a pristine world overlooking a black starry abyss, a tiger cub curled up with the planet earth, dolphins swimming gracefully through outer space. This book is a reminder of the awe that the universe and its phenomena can inspire and that we humans are a part of that.
Nicole Reid
Breath taking pictures. I read this to a preschool class today. They were absolutly captivated by the pictures and the story. Even my squirmy kids sat quietly to listen to this story. A great lead in with young children to discuss the importance of being kind to our planet and we are all family. Many said after it was their favourite book they're heard yet.
Hanim
Sep 04, 2008 Hanim rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: KIDS AND PARENTS
Shelves: childrens-lit
The art in this book is AMAZING, I recommend this to anyone and everyone. Simple and easy for even the smallest readers, and great book to read to your kids at night.
Our daughter reads this to her animals and dolls - and it is a great way to teach conservation...
Terry
Beautiful illustrations (they look like paintings). Not a book that you can easily engage a squirming toddler with.

To read the full review, go to The Reading Tub(r).
harlequin {Stephanie}
The illustrations in this are breathtaking, but children would get over it quickly. It would engage them maybe a few minutes.
Nikki
Great children's book with beautiful artwork and a good reminder on why the earth is so important to take care of.
Angela Oliver
Beautifully illustrated and with a very important message. This book never fails to touch my heart and soul.
Elizabeth
Love the pictures and I love the message that it teaches.
DeAnne Wolfgram
A favorite to read to my daughter and Montessori classes
Cool
DOE read - beautiful!!
DMW read
Mary Joe
Mary Joe marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Vward
Vward marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Monique
Monique marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Sarah added it
Jun 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Dear Children of the Earth Family of Earth Time for Mother Earth: Sparkle Fun The Butterfly's Treasure Magic Planet