At Home with Magnolia: Classic American Recipes from the Owner of Magnolia Bakery

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Allysa Torey’s Magnolia Bakery in New York City is the place to get all-American sweet treats, like their famous pastel frosted cupcakes. But at her country home in upstate New York, Allysa cooks a lot more than desserts. Now, in this full-color cookbook, she shares more than 90 of her favorite recipes for everyday meals—and invites you to experience the delights of countr...more
Published September 29th 2006 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

Sridhar Reddy
Everything we've made from this book has turned out delicious. All recipes are simple with easy-to-find ingredients, and range from light Italian fare to all-American classics. To make the recipes truly shine, the home cook should place emphasis on freshness and quality of ingredients, as the recipes are designed to take advantage of uninhibited natural flavors. The desserts are spectacular, befitting the core specialties of the gem NYC bakery. Highly, highly recommended!
Kiran
Solid cookbook filled with simple, comforting recipes. A nice mix of both sweet and savory items using ingredients found at your local grocery store. Emphasis is placed on fresh seasonal ingredients. Out of the eight or nine dishes we have already made, there was only one recipe we would not try again. A definite winner.
Kathleen
Aug 27, 2007 Kathleen rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: cookbooks
This is a lovely little cookbook. Beautiful to look at with awesome recipes. The pepper relish has become one of my staples, and I can't wait to try the corn fritters with chili/lime mayo, and the strawberry icebox pie.
Megan Lynch
If you know me very well, you know I own a lot of cookbooks. I've given myself the challenge NOT to buy another one until I have tried every recipe in this one...which is one of my favorites!
Katie
Decent mix of recipes - but I was really after the cupcake recipes. who wants to come over and sample some soon?
Michele
Gorgeous illustrations, delicious-looking recipes, can't wait to start cooking!
Melissa
Excellent recipes, easy to find ingredients and delicious!
Meg Cain
so much amazingly simple delicious food!!!
Antoinett Dufort
My favorite cookbook.
Ginny
mmm, cupcakes
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Ilham
Ilham marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Hana
Hana added it
May 27, 2014
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Barbara Teusink
Barbara Teusink marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2014
Sarah Los
Sarah Los is currently reading it
Dec 16, 2013
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2013
pml
pml added it
Oct 14, 2013
Clare
Clare added it
Aug 15, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
More From Magnolia: Recipes from the World Famous Bakery and Allysa Torey's Home Kitchen The Magnolia Bakery Cookbook: Old Fashioned Recipes From New York's Sweetest Bakery The Complete Magnolia Bakery Cookbook: Recipes from the World-Famous Bakery and Allysa Torey's Home Kitchen The Complete Magnolia Bakery Cookbook: Recipes from the World-Famous Bakery and Allysa To The Magnolia Bakery Cookbook: Old Fashioned Recipes From New Yorks Sweetest Bakery