Start by marking “Healing With Form, Energy, And Light: The Five Elements In Tibetan Shamanism, Tantra, And Dzogchen” as Want to Read:

4.46 of 5 stars 4.46  ·  rating details  ·  108 ratings  ·  6 reviews
In the shamanic worldview of Tibet, the five elements of earth, water, fire, air, and space are accessed through the raw powers of nature and through non-physical beings associated with the natural world. In the Tibetan tantric view the elements are recognized as five kinds of energy in the body and are balanced with a program of yogic movements, breathing exercises, and v ...more
Published April 24th 2002 by Snow Lion

To ask other readers questions about Healing With Form, Energy, And Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Healing With Form, Energy, And Light

Rah~ri
Oct 03, 2008 Rah~ri is currently reading it
Had been wanting to check this out?
looks good, just picked it up today :)
Will sit with this for awhile tonight, check it out.
At times there seems to be lot's of conflict with folks
over the Bon "religion" but don't really care about the conflict!
Folks who only look at a single leaf say there is no roots?
They don't realize they are standing above them : )
LOL, if the information is good? I'm happy!
and if it's bad, still makes me happy!
easy enough to let it be!
Like to see if i can find some connec
Tracy
I thought this book was fascinating! I think it might be hard for someone to read this who hasn't already been exposed to some Buddhist philosophy and/or Buddhist yoga, or at the very least isn't open to some new ideas!
I loved it though - fascinated by the theories of the five elements and their presence everywhere and in everything, and then the practices that go along with this. Also fascinated to learn more about Bon tradition, as well as Tantra and Dzogchen.
I actually checked this book out o
Taylor Ellwood
This is a fascinating book which explores the elemental principles of spiritual work done in Dzogchen and Tibetan Shamanism. The author shares how to work with elements and provides practical exercises that can be done by the reader, provided s/he is willing to put the time and effort in. I like this book because I feel that it provides further insight into Tibetan spiritual practices and how they work, as well as how they can be integrated into your practice. The author does an excellent job of ...more
Bruce
This is a well written highly accessible guide to the Tibetan Buddhist Bon lineage view of the composition of reality as five elements, and presents some excellent exercises to work with the concepts.

Tenzin Wangyal writes clearly and with a lot of heart. This book presents less of a complex hugger-mugger of practices than his book on dream yoga, and yet more variety and analysis than his sound healing book.

While there are some differences between the Bon and other lineages, I found this book ve
Mary
May 24, 2012 Mary added it
This is the first book of Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche that I read and it had a profound effect on my life since. I read it about 9 years ago now and it has led me on and on into many other of his books and teachings.
One line in this book really spoke very loudly to me
"for the shaman earth is ground, for the tantrica, space is ground "
Makes soooo much sense now but back then was just what I needed to hear/read. Led me on to meeting him etc etc
As they say "the rest is history" or in my case "herstory
Heather
Some pretty cool stuff...but only if you're already into yogic and Buddhist philosophies. The tantric exercises are extremely powerful but again, I think you need something of a yogic background before doing them on your own here.
Jaina Bee
Jaina Bee is currently reading it
Shibumi
Shibumi marked it as to-read
Kayla Newman
Kayla Newman is currently reading it
Sherry
Sherry is currently reading it
Mar 27, 2015
Eilis
Eilis marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Koi
Koi marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Laura Zane
Laura Zane marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Jude
Jude marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Hanna
Hanna marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Yvs
Yvs marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Adri
Adri added it
Feb 27, 2015
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Georgia
Georgia marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Heidi Nummi
Heidi Nummi marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Tom
Tom marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Ymgermain
Ymgermain is currently reading it
Feb 17, 2015
Carlos Santos
Carlos Santos marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Luján
Luján marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
  • The Red Goddess
  • Coming Back to Life: Practices to Reconnect Our Lives, Our World
  • Richard Hittleman's Yoga: 28 Day Exercise Plan
  • The Hermetic Tradition: Symbols and Teachings of the Royal Art
  • The Beginner's Guide to Constructing the Universe: The Mathematical Archetypes of Nature, Art, and Science
  • Pistis Sophia: A Gnostic Gospel
  • Tarot Plain and Simple
  • The Key to Theosophy
  • Secret of the Vajra World: The Tantric Buddhism of Tibet
  • The Hidden Face of God: Science Reveals the Ultimate Truth
  • Urban Shaman
  • Mastering the Core Teachings of the Buddha: An Unusually Hardcore Dharma Book
Geshe Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche (བསྟན་འཛིན་དབང་རྒྱལ་ bstan 'dzin dbang rgyal) is a teacher (lama) of the Bön Tibetan religious tradition. He is presently based in the United States of America, where he founded the Ligmincha Institute in 1992 as a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, in order "to preserve the ancient teachings, transmissions and practices of the Bön Buddhist tradition."

The degree of "Gesh
More about Tenzin Wangyal...
The Tibetan Yogas Of Dream And Sleep Tibetan Sound Healing [With CD] Wonders of the Natural Mind: The Essence of Dzogchen in the Native Bon Tradition of Tibet Awakening the Sacred Body Awakening The Luminous Mind: Tibetan Meditation for Inner Peace and Joy