Start by marking “Japanese Street Slang” as Want to Read:
Japanese Street Slang

Japanese Street Slang

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Japanese Street Slang is the first and only exposé of the rough and ready, raw and down-dirty street language as it is used in Japan today. Here's how they really speak: The hustlers and high rollers, the teens and Tokyo yuppies, the gangsters and their ladies of the night. Witty mini-essays trace the fascinating origins of many expressions and the rollicking example sent ...more
Published May 1st 1992 by Weatherhill (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Japanese Street Slang, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Japanese Street Slang

Andrej
quite the book. not incredibly useful if someone started cursing you in japanese, but it does lay out the information in a remarkably levelheaded manner. the examples are the funniest part, as the sentences used must of course include the vulgarity. an interesting read for either learners of japanese in their 2nd year or beyond who would like to insult and impress their friends, or a crackhead in osaka who needs a fix fast.
Lindsay
Oh man, this is another thing for the file of 'Weird Japanese Stuff'. I was kind of shocked over how vulgar it got in parts, although it was an amusing read.

It was an interesting look at some of the darker areas of Japanese culture, but not something that I'll use for my trip there.
Tsuki-chan
XD I always carry this book around with me BUT here is a quick warning, this book goes beyond potent! XD I've never seen the word cunt so many times in my life, but it comes in handy when I'm talking to my boyfriend lol >.>"
Asia
A rather interesting language guide in that it bypasses the typical formalities and instead endeavors to teach the more gritty aspects of Japanese vocabulary; territory most authors would not attempt to tread upon.
Alen
This is absolutely one of the funniest books I've ever read.
it is simply so dirty that it becomes humorous in its absurdity.
Cullen!
learn up to 4 different ways to talk about tight vaginas!
Ben Beltran
Really amusing.
Butsuri
Japanese
Olena Rosul
Olena Rosul is currently reading it
Aug 14, 2015
Taylor
Taylor added it
Jul 29, 2015
Julianne Chiaet
Julianne Chiaet marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Nicole San
Nicole San marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Zach
Zach added it
Mar 14, 2015
Miruna
Miruna marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Emily Slavin
Emily Slavin marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Brandy
Brandy marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Silver
Silver added it
Aug 02, 2014
Jillian
Jillian marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Kayley
Kayley marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Sarah Saukerson
Sarah Saukerson marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Greek Poets: Homer to the Present Making Out in Korean: Third Edition Japanese Slang: Uncensored What's Your Type?: How Blood Types are the Keys to Unlocking Your Personality The Prince