Start by marking “The Druidcraft Tarot” as Want to Read:
The Druidcraft Tarot

The Druidcraft Tarot

At a time when we seek a closer connection with the natural world, this beautiful deck invites us to celebrate the earth and the rhythm of her seasons. Combining the two great streams of Western Pagan tradition--Wicca and Druidry--Philip and Stephanie Carr-Gomm, together with artist Will Worthington, have created a tarot of extraordinary depth and relevance that can help g ...more
Published April 5th 2005 by St. Martin's Press (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Druidcraft Tarot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Druidcraft Tarot

Maggie
Mar 08, 2011 Maggie rated it really liked it
Shelves: tarot
I enjoy the look and feel of the deck and this accompanying (or stand alone)book is complete. Celtic lore has been overlaid on the concept of tarot in creating the deck (druids embraced an oral tradition, not cards). In truth, I significantly expanded my tarot collection at the time of my last move (exhausted in the eves from packing, unpacking, working, log in to the internet and think "I deserve a present" and in an order for a few decks would go). This is significant to the review as I don't ...more
Bill Tillman
Jan 23, 2010 Bill Tillman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: druid
Here, for the first time, is a tarot that combines the two fundamental spiritualities of Nature - Wicca and Druidry - and reflects the explosion of interest in the western magical traditional and paganism. This is a full deck of 78 cards, each a superb work of art, with a text by prominent authors. The deck is original in many ways includes a 190 page book with instructions and insights.
Katherine
Jun 07, 2008 Katherine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: home-library
This is my all time favorite tarot deck. The cards are stunningly beautiful and filled with symbolism. The accompanying book is a clear and lucid guide as to how the cards can be used.
Trish
Jul 16, 2014 Trish rated it really liked it
As with the previous book about oracle cards I also have to say here that I do not believe in oracles or the Tarot. I bought this set containing the card deck as well as a book with instructions because the deck was so very beautiful.

The book:
The book was written by the same authors that also wrote and published the book about oracle cards that I've finished only yesterday - and one notices.
Here as well as in the other book the single cards are being described with key words, the cards' meaning
Lily Wren
Dec 01, 2008 Lily Wren rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had never been one for Tarot or Tarot never seemed to want me. The Runes, as a means of divination, meditation and guidance have always been my 'way'. However, one day I had an urge to go for the Tarot . I found myself buying the 'Ryder Waite' deck however, I could not really relate to this and was just about to give up on the Tarot until I stumbled upon this deck!

Beautifully painted and created with such gorgeous imagery and symbolism, some of these cards should be framed! I found them inspi
Martin Weyers
May 16, 2012 Martin Weyers rated it it was amazing
One of the most skillfully drawn tarot decks I know about, based on the Rider-Waite deck. Much easier to use than the awesome Haindl tarot deck (still my favourite one, that is inspired by the difficult Aleister Crowley deck). Philip and Stephanie Carr-Gomm's comments are convincing and elaborate in most of its parts. An inspiring read, especially (but not only!) for those interested in natural religion or neo-paganism. If you like Will Worthington's drawings, please check out his other works, e ...more
Nicole
Oct 03, 2015 Nicole rated it it was amazing
Shelves: witchy-books
The book included with this deck is excellent, not your usual booklet of basic meanings, but a detailed guide to the symbolism and stories behind the artwork on the cards. The cards themselves are gorgeous. There is also a section at the end on how to use the cards that had several spreads I have never tried before. Looking forward to working with the new cards and new spreads and learning more as I go.
Lisa Veldkamp
Jan 26, 2014 Lisa Veldkamp rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favourite deck by far! The Druidcraft Tarot deck is beautiful, obnoxiously accurate, but most of all, very positive. A lot of tarot decks spread doom and gloom with a reversed reading. And while the Druidcraft Tarot also covers this, is still manages to help you along, leaving you energized and ready to face whatever it is you're struggling with.
Jackie
Nov 29, 2008 Jackie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, celtic
An excellent represtentation of Tarot, with beautiful cards and easy to understand explanation of each card.
What I like best is it gives Keywords that represent the cards.
If you're into Tarot, this is a wonderful set to own.
Any time I've used them, they read true.
Emelie Vilder
Nov 05, 2013 Emelie Vilder rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic deck and book for tarot.. Mine is now about 10 years and worn and torn to the point that I had to tape it all over.. The images are gorgeous, the lessons profound, can deeply recommend anyone getting a deck of tarot to get this one!
Carrie
Jan 24, 2009 Carrie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very beatiful tarot deck. The illustration for the princess of cups is exquisite. Also, it is easier to use than some decks, possiblybecuase of the accompanying book.
Rachael
Oct 18, 2013 Rachael rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty deck!! Fairly on pointe. The cards are large & not easy to shuffle.
Simone Vd stadt beaney
Love the cards and the book. The art is beautiful and the meanings make sense to me. I especially like that the book includes different card spreads, so you can find your own preferred spread.
Jan
Aug 26, 2013 Jan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Part of my tarot library - I refer to it as one might a dictionary.
Lesley Arrowsmith
Jan 29, 2017 Lesley Arrowsmith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely art work - and an interesting deck to work with.
Theresa Parker
Dec 02, 2013 Theresa Parker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: from-santa
I love this book ~best I ever read! i use it for tarot school.
Sherry Gewitzke
I use the cards regularly
Truly magical \|/
Han
Feb 09, 2013 Han rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it as I got it but the amazement diminished and I got back to the Waite tarot. The pictures get boring with time.
Fox
Sep 24, 2008 Fox rated it it was amazing
Beautiful artwork, insightful readings. I've used this deck with much pleasure.
Patricia Weston
Jul 18, 2014 Patricia Weston rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this deck, I use these magical and amazing cards everyday, the images are wonderful. I would highly recommend this deck if you are drawn....
Marsha
Marsha rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2014
Maja Korpvinge
Maja Korpvinge rated it really liked it
May 11, 2011
Cid
Cid rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2016
Kaleb Lund
Kaleb Lund rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2016
Leo
Leo rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2012
Chelsea Ott
Chelsea Ott rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2015
Amy Lynn Lynn
Amy Lynn Lynn rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2012
Ted
Ted rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2008
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2011
Taryn Compton
Taryn Compton rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2015
  • Tarot for Your Self: A Workbook for Personal Transformation
  • Seventy-Eight Degrees of Wisdom : A Book of Tarot
  • A Druid's Herbal of Sacred Tree Medicine
  • Shadowscapes Tarot
  • The Celtic Shaman: A Handbook (Earth Quest)
  • Living Druidry
  • The Tarot Handbook
  • Osho Zen Tarot
  • Celtic Myth & Magick: Harnessing the Power of the Gods and Goddesses (Llewellyn's World Religion and Magic Series)
  • The Heart of Faerie Oracle - Book & Tarot Cards
Philip Carr-Gomm was born in London, raised in Notting Hill Gate, and educated at Westminster School and University College London.

He met his first spiritual teacher, Ross Nichols, the founder of The Order of Bards Ovates & Druids, when he was 11. He began studying with him when a teenager, and joined the Order of Bards Ovates and Druids at 18. He studied meditation with Olivia Robertson in Ir
More about Philip Carr-Gomm...