Start by marking “Wicca: The Complete Craft” as Want to Read:
Wicca: The Complete Craft

Wicca: The Complete Craft

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  601 ratings  ·  13 reviews
This is the ultimate guide to the ancient religion of Wicca by best-selling Pagan author, D. J. Conway. WICCA: THE COMPLETE CRAFT offers a comprehensive overview of Wiccan philosophy, dispels the common misconceptions, and is a useful primer for practicing Wicca as a spiritual lifestyle. Included are chapters on sacred space, ritual tools, holy days, meditations and visual ...more
Published October 1st 2001 by Crossing Press (first published September 9th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Wicca, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wicca

Gwnhwyfer
Read bits of this (and completed some of the exercises) about 3 years ago. Now I'm starting again...

I like how this book is laid out - very comphrensive and organized chapters (and short - each chapter is between 5-10 pages). I have some issues with her very rigid "no christian's can be pagan" stance (seems a bit intolerant - which goes against wicca's "tolerant" stance - besides, christianity was a pagan religion at one time.), as well as her various references to "ancient tradition". While I a
Levia
Very good book for reference, has great information for beginners and experienced practitioners alike. One of my favorites.
S.
Very beautiful if this is your choice, although I do not believe one can initiate themselves, the spirituality is very basic, void of the complications of standardized religions, to me that is highly attractive. A good path tp follow for some
Samantha Montgomery
One of the best wicca 101 books out there. Most barely scrape the surface of the craft, and make little if any mention on deities from different pantheons, and have very few in depth meditations. I bought this book because it had information that doesn't typically come with the "beginner" books, and I would re commend it to anyone passed the "what is wicca and how do I get started" phase, as it answered a lot of my questions, an had a great spell working section.
AA
The reason I bought this book was for the intro paragraph that basically tells kids under 18 and anyone wanting to be more goth than thou to go listen to music and come back and buy the book when they're ready to grow up. :) I liked that this book gave facts and information in a clear manner that didn't try to convert the reader nor sugar coat and glorify facts. It gives a clear definition of a religion that has many aspects.
Nora Peevy
Wicca: the Complete Craft by D.J. Conway. This book covers the basics of Wicca for beginners. Like Ellen Dugan's books, it's written in a friendly tone. The material is helpful, but I didn't like think the order it was presented in was the most logical. I also thought some of the material needed to be discussed a little more in depth, though for beginners or for research material, this book is a good starting point.
Alex
Conway devotes a lot of time and energy to magical workings in Wicca than the religion proper, which is interesting but not quite what I'm looking for at this point. However, I expect I will refer back to her book now and again in the future. It's not perfect, and I question some of her "facts" about the history of the practice, but it was worth the read.
Varja Askeland
I havn't read the complete book yet, but so far I have to say that it is one of the best Wicca 101 books I have ever read. It cover basically everything you need to know, it doesn't explain everything very deep but it covers the basics, it is perfect for a beginner !
Kristy
I'm currently reading this book, which is like a pagan encyclopedia and very informative. it's one of the best books on paganism that I've picked up yet!
Katie
Apr 29, 2008 Katie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in Wicca.
Shelves: already-read
This book makes the art of Wicca easy to comprehend. It is well written and easy to follow.
Marlene Slade
I own this book as well. Wicca is my life. Brightest Blessings to all!
Leannear24
it gives me everything that i need
Andy Lawless
Good overview of the craft
Dean Morrison
Dean Morrison marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Bianca Bercaru
Bianca Bercaru marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Psych Adelic
Psych Adelic marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Gwen
Gwen marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Dorinda White
Dorinda White marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Tara J Winston
Tara J Winston marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Another.ayanamigmail.com
Another.ayanamigmail.com marked it as to-read
Sabrina  Williams
Sabrina Williams marked it as to-read
Iris Maloun
Iris Maloun marked it as to-read
Jeffery
Jeffery marked it as to-read
Kitty
Kitty marked it as to-read
  • Wicca For One: The Path Of Solitary Witchcraft
  • The Wicca Spellbook: A Witch's Collection of Wiccan Spells, Potions, and Recipes
  • Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Wicca in the Kitchen
  • The Wicca Handbook
  • Wicca: A Year and a Day: 366 Days of Spiritual Practice in the Craft of the Wise
  • Wicca for Beginners: Fundamentals of Philosophy & Practice
  • An ABC of Witchcraft: Past and Present
  • Green Witchcraft: Folk Magic, Fairy Lore & Herb Craft
  • Beltane: Springtime Rituals, Lore & Celebration
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Wicca and Witchcraft
  • To Stir a Magick Cauldron: Witch's Guide to Casting and Conjuring (RavenWolf to)
A native of the Pacific Northwest, author D.J. Conway has studied the occult fields for over 35 years. Her quest for knowledge has covered every aspect of Paganism and Wicca to New Age and Eastern philosophies; plus history, the magical arts, philosophy, customs, mythologies and folklore. In 1998, she was voted Best Wiccan and New Age author by Silver Chalice, a Pagan magazine.

She lives a rather
More about D.J. Conway...
Moon Magick: Myth & Magic, Crafts & Recipes, Rituals & Spells Celtic Magic By Oak, Ash, & Thorn: Modern Celtic Shamanism Animal Magick: The Art of Recognizing and Working with Familiars Maiden, Mother, Crone: The Myth & Reality of the Triple Goddess