Start by marking “Where Peace Lives” as Want to Read:
Where Peace Lives

Where Peace Lives

4.40  ·  Rating Details  ·  20 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Where Peace Lives is a book of timeless wisdom for people of all ages. Both children and adults will delight in the adventure to free the Angel Peace. The only hope for the world: to find the three keys to set Peace free. Inspired by the universal teachings of Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King, Buddha, Jesus Christ, Moses and Mohammad, the story-teller discovers that the ...more
Published May 8th 2007 by Sterling & Ross, Cambridge House Press (first published April 30th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Where Peace Lives, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where Peace Lives

Amber
Sep 01, 2007 Amber rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!
This book is amazing. Through the creation of various characters who depict important religious leaders and activists, one learns the keys to peace in the world.

Hate only yields more hate.

This book left me warm on the inside. If I ever have children, I will read this book to them in hopes that they will learn to love each person of this world equally.

Just beautiful. Really.
Heather Brush
Jan 14, 2010 Heather Brush rated it it was amazing
Where does peace come from? It isn’t something born of war, or won through argument. Author Debbie Robins explores peace and finds three keys to it in her book, “Where Peace Lives.” A book for all ages, children and adults, it is sure to become a classic along the lines of “The Little Prince.” More than that, it is a delightful read, and a tool for spreading some very valuable lessons.

The narrator is worried about the world and wonders why everyone can’t just get along. One night, a visitor come
Tami
Apr 15, 2008 Tami rated it it was amazing
Like all of us, the main character in Where Peace Lives longed for true peace. Each night she wished for peace and then fell into a deep sleep, as if wrapped in the arms of an angel. However, when she awoke each morning, she returned to reality. It seemed to her that despite everyone wishing for peace, that end seemed impossible.

A knock at her door would change everything. There stood Luther the Bear. Luther was king of The Mountain Where Dreams Are Made. He came with news that the angel Peace
Diana Bogan
May 06, 2012 Diana Bogan rated it it was amazing
I love this book. I think it is an amazing piece of writing. It's a beautifully imaginative storyline that teaches concepts on being peaceful that even adults could stand to hear. I thought the storyline was so detailed and descriptive that it not only captured the imagination of my children, but also myself. And the manner in which the three keys of peaceful living were presented were things my kids could relate to and understand.

My kids often struggle with how to handle conflicts with their s
Leah Gary
Aug 15, 2013 Leah Gary rated it it was amazing
I think this is the absolute best book ever written to teach the simplicity of how to find peace. It takes on aspects of most major religions and blends them in a way that makes you want to smile at the end of the story. I read this to my son in hopes that he remembers this story and applies it to his life. It's an exemplary example of tolerance and the true meaning of peace.
Aug 21, 2008 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
This book was written by a tremendous woman who I am lucky to count as my friend. She has another book being published that I am looking forward to immensely! If you have a chance, go buy this book and read it asap!!!
Amanda
Sep 07, 2007 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
Brilliant novel for kids and adults alike. A very important message for a the world today.
Desiree
Desiree rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2016
Maheen Aziza
Maheen Aziza rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2016
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Emily added it
Jul 13, 2015
Donna Clapp
Donna Clapp rated it liked it
Feb 26, 2015
Eva North
Eva North marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Sheri Zampelli
Sheri Zampelli rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2015
Ky
Ky added it
Apr 08, 2015
Con Pakavakis
Con Pakavakis marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Dana Mirowski
Dana Mirowski rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2014
Don Banducci
Don Banducci marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
GABY
GABY rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2014
Amber
Amber rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2014
Cora Causey
Cora Causey marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2013
Holli
Holli marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2013
Sunhee Kim
Sunhee Kim marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2012
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2012
Tina Bembry
Tina Bembry rated it it was ok
Aug 14, 2012
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2011
Lizzie
Lizzie rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2011
Amanda Rollins
Amanda Rollins marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2009
minta
minta marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2008