Start by marking “Yookoso!: An Invitation to Contemporary Japanese = [Yokoso]” as Want to Read:
Yookoso!: An Invitation to Contemporary Japanese = [Yokoso]

Yookoso!: An Invitation to Contemporary Japanese = [Yokoso]

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  7 reviews
"Yookoso! An Invitation to Contemporary Japanese" is a complete package of instructional materials for beginning language study.
Published December 1st 2005 by McGraw-Hill Companies (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Yookoso!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yookoso!

Alex Baker
Mar 21, 2007 Alex Baker rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: beginner japanese students
This was the book that started it all for me.

I started reading this book upon entering Ohio University in the fall of 1999. What started as an interesting way to fill a language requirement soon turned into a way of life. This book served as a guide for me that taught me the basics of the Japanese language, and opened more doors for me in life than ever imaginable.

The book is well laid out, and presents the reader with several interactive approaches to learning the language. For added fun, try
Cecilia Marie
My university used this book collection through its intensive Japanese major. We went through the entire first book in the first year, and the second book in the second year (but I only went through to Advanced so I haven't touched much of that one).

There are some things that needed correcting that our teacher told us to correct with our pens, so it's important to cross reference with other texts and refer to language forums or native speakers about discrepancies, but I suppose that could be sai
Connie
Oct 08, 2009 Connie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who want to learn Japanese
Shelves: language
This is the book that my Japanese class at BGSU used. I really like this book, it was a great tool for beginning to learn Japanese. one of the better books out there in my opinion.
Nisha
A life-altering text if you consider this was when I really started learning Japanese. It's good and is organized really well. I haven't found another text to match this one.
M
I finished guys!!! Only took like...five years...
Jimmy
Apr 23, 2010 Jimmy marked it as to-read
I'll be "reading" this for awhile.
Evita Sheppard
Feb 03, 2013 Evita Sheppard marked it as to-read
i love this book
Shileen04
Shileen04 marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Demonnprincess
Demonnprincess marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Jaylan Haley
Jaylan Haley marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Ella
Ella added it
Jul 01, 2014
Tina
Tina added it
Jun 19, 2014
Meghan Gerken
Meghan Gerken marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Ashley Humphries
Ashley Humphries is currently reading it
Feb 12, 2014
Hannah
Hannah added it
Feb 06, 2014
Joanne
Joanne added it
Jan 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Yookoso! Continuing With Contemporary Japanese, Volume 2 Yookoso! Invitation to Contemporary Japanese Student Edition with Online Learning Center Bind-In Card Workbook/Laboratory Manual to Accompany Yookoso!: An Invitation to Contemporary Japanese Workbook/Lab Manual to Accompany Yookoso!: Continuing with Contemporary Japanese Yookoso! =