Start by marking “Unforgettable Walks to Take Before You Die” as Want to Read:
Unforgettable Walks to Take Before You Die

Unforgettable Walks to Take Before You Die

3.87  ·  Rating Details  ·  31 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
"30 life-changing journeys, in low gear."

The number one complaint these days is that life is too fast. Here's how to slow it down. Richly illustrated throughout with specially commissioned photographs, Unforgettable Walks to Take Before You Die is for anyone looking for ideas for an inspirational trip of a lifetime, at a slower pace.

Choices include a wide range of location
Published October 10th 2008 by Firefly Books (first published February 3rd 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Unforgettable Walks to Take Before You Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unforgettable Walks to Take Before You Die

Reuel
Mar 13, 2016 Reuel rated it liked it
Delicious arm-chair travel with lovely photos--perfect reading for a rainy day. The book covers 30 walks around the world, providing a taste of the various walks rather than detailed maps and routes. Many of the walks are 1-2 week treks. A list of web resources at the end provides more detailed information.
Grace
Jan 17, 2016 Grace added it
Wonderful, slick photographs of international sites to walk/ hike. Also a great coffee table book for an injured walker.
Simon
Mar 08, 2012 Simon rated it really liked it
I quite enjoyed this book, but I don't think it got the balance right between detailed information and not enough information.

The best thing about the book was the photos, followed by ideas for places to go.

I felt that the book in general didnt know what it wanted to be though. It kind of describes routes, but not with enough information to be of any use. I would have prefered that they just tell me about the area in general, i'd buy a guide book if I actually went to one of these places.
Barbara
Jan 01, 2009 Barbara rated it really liked it
This is a gorgeous book, full of photos of thirty wonderful walks all around the world. Each walk includes a thorough, interesting, write-up about each walk - travel, lodging, interesting sites, history, tips, warnings, and even the natural significance of the surroundings. Highly recommended for people looking for a peaceful adventure. I rated it four stars only because I would have loved to have seen more than thirty walks!
Cherie
Jan 19, 2009 Cherie rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Venessa
Shelves: non-fiction, travel
B Beautiful photos, but I couldn't read every page word-for-word. It gives you some really practical advice if you are planning on taking any of these walks, but I almost would've preferred more walks, more teaser information, and less in-depth details (because if I'm going to take any of these walks, I'm going to buy a travel guide).
Emily
Jun 10, 2009 Emily rated it liked it
nice details, decent pictures and i wish that they offered distances in both miles and KM.i want to go walking around the world! but some of my favs were totally skipped. though perhaps sardinia here i come!
Guy
Mar 31, 2010 Guy rated it really liked it
I have some walking to do. The 4 US walks are Yellowstone National Park, Boston's Freedom Trail, Fallingwater, and Coyote Buttes. The international walks are just amazing.
Elizabeth
May 08, 2012 Elizabeth marked it as to-read
On first browse "Unforgettable Walks to Take Before You Die" has beautiful pictures and good information.
Ronna
Ronna marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Katharine
Katharine marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Matthew Krall
Matthew Krall rated it it was ok
Apr 15, 2016
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Justin
Justin added it
Mar 13, 2016
Shelley
Shelley marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Cintia Gargioni
Cintia Gargioni marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
David Hoens
David Hoens marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
Fiona
Fiona added it
Feb 09, 2016
Kay
Kay rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2016
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2015
Trixi
Trixi rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2015
Cam
Cam marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Stephen Emmons
Stephen Emmons rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Helg
Helg is currently reading it
May 28, 2015
Hella
Hella marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Alexandria Sorensen
Alexandria Sorensen marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Denise
Denise rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2015
Justin
Justin marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Andy Galica
Andy Galica rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Steve Watkins is the author of Down Sand Mountain, a young adult novel published in October 2008 by Candlewick Press. Another young adult novel, Goat Girl, is scheduled for publication by Candlewick Press in spring 2011.

Steve is also author of a short story collection, My Chaos Theory (2006, Southern Methodist University Press), which was a finalist for the Paterson Fiction Prize, and an Honorable
More about Steve Watkins...