Start by marking “Unforgettable Walks to Take Before You Die” as Want to Read:
Unforgettable Walks to Take Before You Die

Unforgettable Walks to Take Before You Die

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  6 reviews
"30 life-changing journeys, in low gear."

The number one complaint these days is that life is too fast. Here's how to slow it down. Richly illustrated throughout with specially commissioned photographs, Unforgettable Walks to Take Before You Die is for anyone looking for ideas for an inspirational trip of a lifetime, at a slower pace.

Choices include a wide range of location
Published October 10th 2008 by Firefly Books (first published February 3rd 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Unforgettable Walks to Take Before You Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unforgettable Walks to Take Before You Die

Simon
I quite enjoyed this book, but I don't think it got the balance right between detailed information and not enough information.

The best thing about the book was the photos, followed by ideas for places to go.

I felt that the book in general didnt know what it wanted to be though. It kind of describes routes, but not with enough information to be of any use. I would have prefered that they just tell me about the area in general, i'd buy a guide book if I actually went to one of these places.
Barbara
This is a gorgeous book, full of photos of thirty wonderful walks all around the world. Each walk includes a thorough, interesting, write-up about each walk - travel, lodging, interesting sites, history, tips, warnings, and even the natural significance of the surroundings. Highly recommended for people looking for a peaceful adventure. I rated it four stars only because I would have loved to have seen more than thirty walks!
Cherie
Jan 19, 2009 Cherie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Venessa
Shelves: non-fiction, travel
B Beautiful photos, but I couldn't read every page word-for-word. It gives you some really practical advice if you are planning on taking any of these walks, but I almost would've preferred more walks, more teaser information, and less in-depth details (because if I'm going to take any of these walks, I'm going to buy a travel guide).
Emily
nice details, decent pictures and i wish that they offered distances in both miles and KM.i want to go walking around the world! but some of my favs were totally skipped. though perhaps sardinia here i come!
Guy
I have some walking to do. The 4 US walks are Yellowstone National Park, Boston's Freedom Trail, Fallingwater, and Coyote Buttes. The international walks are just amazing.
Elizabeth
May 08, 2012 Elizabeth marked it as to-read
On first browse "Unforgettable Walks to Take Before You Die" has beautiful pictures and good information.
Dehlia
Dehlia is currently reading it
Oct 31, 2014
Suey
Suey marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
R
R marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Keyleigh
Keyleigh marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Guernsey Zoo
Guernsey Zoo marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Sarah added it
Jul 19, 2014
Molly Wilson
Molly Wilson marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Melita Thomas
Melita Thomas marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Benny
Benny marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Julia Noakes
Julia Noakes marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Karl Sauerwein
Karl Sauerwein marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2014
Amanda
Amanda added it
Feb 17, 2014
msk
msk marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Jeanne
Jeanne is currently reading it
Jan 04, 2014
Jay
Jay marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2013
Marvin Bjornstad
Marvin Bjornstad marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Steve Watkins is the author of Down Sand Mountain, a young adult novel published in October 2008 by Candlewick Press. Another young adult novel, Goat Girl, is scheduled for publication by Candlewick Press in spring 2011.

Steve is also author of a short story collection, My Chaos Theory (2006, Southern Methodist University Press), which was a finalist for the Paterson Fiction Prize, and an Honorable
More about Steve Watkins...
What Comes After Juvie Down Sand Mountain Iso27001 Assessment Without Tears - A Pocket Guide: 2013 - Second Edition The Black O