Start by marking “Oh My Gosh, Mrs. McNosh” as Want to Read:
Oh My Gosh, Mrs. McNosh

Oh My Gosh, Mrs. McNosh (Mrs. McNosh)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  90 ratings  ·  18 reviews
One day as Mrs. McNosh is walking her dog, George, a mischievous little squirrel crosses their path. Suddenly, George breaks free from his leash and wreaks havoc everywhere he goes! How will Mrs. McNosh ever catch him?

Written in rollicking rhyme, this outrageous story will be sure to tickle the funny bones of adults and children alike.
Published May 7th 2002 by HarperCollins (first published May 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Oh My Gosh, Mrs. McNosh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oh My Gosh, Mrs. McNosh

Topic and Theme: Dog, Hero, Surprise

Curricular Use: Individual Reading, Shared Reading

Social: Annoyance

Literary Elements: Humor, Exaggeration

Text and Pictures: Great pictures that make you feel as if you are right where the story took place.

Summary: This story book is about Mrs. McNosh and her dog. They went for a walk one day in the park, when her dog got away from
Sarah Fletcher
This is a cute book showing the adventure that Mrs. McNosh went through trying to get her runaway dog. In the end when she thought she would not see him again, she opens the door and sees him waiting for her. The dog/owner relationship in this book is one that many kids could relate too.
Brittny Hall
Even when I was younger, rhyming books where always my favorite! When I read this book I saw a lot of opportunity for children to chime in and read along. It is a funny book, and I love the happy ending.
Brittny Hall
Susan
This might be a cute book for kids or families who tend to use the phrase "oh, my gosh!" a lot. The story-line is cute, as are the drawings. It's rather funny, but not really special in any way.
Amanda Behrends
Summary - Mrs. McNosh's dog gets loose in the park and she takes off chasing him running into one sticky situation after another.
Curriculum Connection - This would be a good book to work with students on making predictions.
Personal Reaction - I liked this book. I don't think I would use it in a classroom to support curriculum necessarily but it is a fun read aloud and is simple enough for young readers to read alone or with a buddy.
Visual Appeal - Cute cartoony illustrations that are somewhat di
Ashley Dement
Oh my gosh, Mrs. McNosh was a silly book that centered around an older women trying to catch her dog after his leash broke. I think that this book would make children laugh and it is quite predictable so they would enjoy that part too. As far as classroom use goes, the only lesson I can see it being used in is a theme based around things you might see in the park. Children have probably had to chase some sort of pet during their lives so they may be able to relate to Mrs. McNosh’s struggles. The ...more
Emily Shuler
This was a decent book. It is not very in depth but the children seem to think it's fun to chant "Oh my gosh!" with me. As long as they are involved I'm okay with it! Mrs. McNosh chases her dog around town in this book and every time she misses him or almost catches him or something happens to her she yells "Oh my Gosh!!!"
Anaeka
This was a sweet rhyming book. A took to it at once but it didn't hold her interest for the entire 6 weeks we had the book with us. She moved on to others. Either the book deserved only that much from her or she is growing up and does less repeats.
Dolly
May 19, 2014 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a fun rhyming book about a woman and her dog. It's a crazy adventure, illustrated by one of our favorites, Nadine Bernard Westcott. Our girls thought this book was very funny and we've read it a couple of times.
Bvlmc Buchanan Verplanck Elementary School
This humorous story combines, rhymes, great rhythm and delightful illustrations to tell the story of a dog who takes off to chase a squirrel. Enjoy this with your kindergartner or have your first grader read it to you.
Rebecca Dean
This is a cute book to read to the class for fun or to introduce rhyming words. The illustrations a great for younger students to follow along too.
Leslie
Borrowed from the library for my 6 yr old who thought it very funny. He likes any thing about dogs.
Corina
this is one of my two year old's current favorites.
Brenda Pritchard
Preschool; Rhyming; print motivation; narrative skills
Maren Prestegaard
A legit rhyming book. Fun.
Dawn
Great rhyme scheme!
Small Wonders
Small Wonders marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Miss Ary
Miss Ary marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Sarah Weeks has been writing children’s books and songs for the past twenty years. She is a graduate of Hampshire College and NYU and recently became an adjunct faculty member in the prestigious Writing Program at the New School University, in New York City.

Her first YA novel, So B. It, which appeared on the LA Times bestseller list was chosen as an ALA Best Book for Young Adults and received the
More about Sarah Weeks...

Mrs. McNosh (3 books)