Start by marking “Oh My Gosh, Mrs. McNosh” as Want to Read:
Oh My Gosh, Mrs. McNosh

Oh My Gosh, Mrs. McNosh (Mrs. McNosh)

One day as Mrs. McNosh is walking her dog, George, a mischievous little squirrel crosses their path. Suddenly, George breaks free from his leash and wreaks havoc everywhere he goes! How will Mrs. McNosh ever catch him?

Written in rollicking rhyme, this outrageous story will be sure to tickle the funny bones of adults and children alike.
Published May 7th 2002 by HarperCollins (first published May 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Oh My Gosh, Mrs. McNosh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oh My Gosh, Mrs. McNosh

Jodee
Mar 17, 2017 Jodee rated it really liked it
Shelves: tessa
Naughty dog George. But we've all experienced it at one point in time or another as a dog owner.
Brittany Koontz

Topic and Theme: Dog, Hero, Surprise

Curricular Use: Individual Reading, Shared Reading

Social: Annoyance

Literary Elements: Humor, Exaggeration

Text and Pictures: Great pictures that make you feel as if you are right where the story took place.

Summary: This story book is about Mrs. McNosh and her dog. They went for a walk one day in the park, when her dog got away from
Amanda Behrends
Sep 11, 2013 Amanda Behrends rated it really liked it
Shelves: libs-642
Summary - Mrs. McNosh's dog gets loose in the park and she takes off chasing him running into one sticky situation after another.
Curriculum Connection - This would be a good book to work with students on making predictions.
Personal Reaction - I liked this book. I don't think I would use it in a classroom to support curriculum necessarily but it is a fun read aloud and is simple enough for young readers to read alone or with a buddy.
Visual Appeal - Cute cartoony illustrations that are somewhat di
Ashley Dement
Sep 24, 2009 Ashley Dement rated it liked it
Oh my gosh, Mrs. McNosh was a silly book that centered around an older women trying to catch her dog after his leash broke. I think that this book would make children laugh and it is quite predictable so they would enjoy that part too. As far as classroom use goes, the only lesson I can see it being used in is a theme based around things you might see in the park. Children have probably had to chase some sort of pet during their lives so they may be able to relate to Mrs. McNosh’s struggles. The ...more
Emily Shuler
Sep 06, 2012 Emily Shuler rated it liked it
This was a decent book. It is not very in depth but the children seem to think it's fun to chant "Oh my gosh!" with me. As long as they are involved I'm okay with it! Mrs. McNosh chases her dog around town in this book and every time she misses him or almost catches him or something happens to her she yells "Oh my Gosh!!!"
Bvlmc Buchanan Verplanck Elementary School
This humorous story combines, rhymes, great rhythm and delightful illustrations to tell the story of a dog who takes off to chase a squirrel. Enjoy this with your kindergartner or have your first grader read it to you.
Anaeka
This was a sweet rhyming book. A took to it at once but it didn't hold her interest for the entire 6 weeks we had the book with us. She moved on to others. Either the book deserved only that much from her or she is growing up and does less repeats.
Brittny Hall
Aug 25, 2014 Brittny Hall rated it it was amazing
Even when I was younger, rhyming books where always my favorite! When I read this book I saw a lot of opportunity for children to chime in and read along. It is a funny book, and I love the happy ending.
Brittny Hall
Sep 16, 2014 Brittny Hall rated it it was amazing
Ann Ferber
May 07, 2015 Ann Ferber rated it it was amazing
This is a lighthearted, funny story about a Mrs. McNosh who loses control of her dog in the park. Her dog sees a squirrel and can't help but chase after it. This book is written in crazy rhymes, so it would be great for phonemic awareness units.
Dolly
Dec 05, 2009 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a fun rhyming book about a woman and her dog. It's a crazy adventure, illustrated by one of our favorites, Nadine Bernard Westcott. Our girls thought this book was very funny and we've read it a couple of times.
Dawn
Sep 19, 2012 Dawn rated it really liked it
Shelves: with-my-kids
Great rhyme scheme!
Ashley Salisbury
Feb 01, 2017 Ashley Salisbury rated it it was amazing
A very very cool book. The crazy things this dog gets into are hilarious!
Leslie
May 25, 2009 Leslie rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-lit
Borrowed from the library for my 6 yr old who thought it very funny. He likes any thing about dogs.
Corina
Mar 25, 2012 Corina rated it really liked it
this is one of my two year old's current favorites.
Susan
May 30, 2014 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s, fiction
This might be a cute book for kids or families who tend to use the phrase "oh, my gosh!" a lot. The story-line is cute, as are the drawings. It's rather funny, but not really special in any way.
Rebecca Dean
This is a cute book to read to the class for fun or to introduce rhyming words. The illustrations a great for younger students to follow along too.
Katreniah
Sep 21, 2016 Katreniah rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Back to school means the return of the baby's weekly library books. This one was an okay read; the baby seemed to enjoy it.
Katie Fitzgerald
Read at Tales for Twos and Threes on 3/18/11:
Brenda Pritchard
Preschool; Rhyming; print motivation; narrative skills
Janine Weston
Janine Weston rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2012
Cristi
Cristi rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2013
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2013
Ashlie
Ashlie rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2017
Karen Sonner
Karen Sonner rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2015
Angela
Angela rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2014
Caryn E McCormick
Caryn E McCormick rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2013
Limeminearia
Limeminearia rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2013
Darcy
Darcy rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2014
Natasha
Natasha rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sarah Weeks has been writing children’s books and songs for the past twenty years. She is a graduate of Hampshire College and NYU and recently became an adjunct faculty member in the prestigious Writing Program at the New School University, in New York City.

Her first YA novel, So B. It, which appeared on the LA Times bestseller list was chosen as an ALA Best Book for Young Adults and received the
More about Sarah Weeks...

Mrs. McNosh (3 books)