Start by marking “Social Skills for Teenagers and Adults with Asperger Syndrome: A Practical Guide to Day-to-Day Life” as Want to Read:

This resource provides practical strategies for helping teenagers and adults with Asperger Syndrome to navigate social skills, friendships and relationships at home and in the community.

The author offers advice and useful strategies for tackling day-to-day problems such as visits to the dentist or the doctor, searching for a job, sorting out personal finances, going on vac
Published September 15th 2008 by Jessica Kingsley Publishers (first published August 15th 2008)

Be the first to ask a question about Social Skills for Teenagers and Adults with Asperger Syndrome

Jon Cox
Mar 07, 2011 Jon Cox rated it liked it
I have a problem with most social skills books I have seen. They seem to talk more about functioning in every day situations more than they do about social skills. I agree that functioning in everyday situations is important, and, in a way, is social skills, but I think Ms. Patrick missed the boat a bit. She does share some good social skills and tips for functioning, and I think that the book would be very helpful for most teens or adults with Asperger's Syndrome, but I would have liked to see ...more
Laura Cushing
Oct 11, 2011 Laura Cushing rated it really liked it
A useful guide to social skills for adults and teens with asperger's syndrome. Some of the insights into why and how we do certain interactions were useful. Others were things I already knew, but going over them again was helpful.

A lot of things I struggle with were detailed in this book, and while a lot of the solutions given involve practice and aren't an instant fix, I feel like I benefited from reading it and would recommend it to others with aspergers.

Borrowed from the library.
Erin
Feb 28, 2014 Erin rated it it was ok
Shelves: asperger
This was ok, but more geared towards teenagers. I didn't think the advice was as helpful to adults. Especially adults that are set in their ways.
Sep 28, 2014 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Definitely one of the books I'm keeping somewhere visible
Mary Harrell
Mary Harrell rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2014
richard Hanson
richard Hanson rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2014
Fern Adams
Fern Adams rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2017
Sarah rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2014
Donna Parker
Donna Parker rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2012
amy m. ratajczak
amy m. ratajczak rated it liked it
Jun 21, 2016
Mardulcia
Mardulcia rated it it was ok
Oct 10, 2013
terri pesek
terri pesek rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2014
Lynne Olson
Lynne Olson rated it liked it
Oct 16, 2014
elaine jean webb
elaine jean webb rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2016
Melinda Reichert
Melinda Reichert rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2013
Amy DeMordaunt
Amy DeMordaunt rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2010
Margo
Margo rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2011
Mike Budzik
Mike Budzik rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2015
Ardath Belzer
Ardath Belzer rated it it was amazing
Dec 13, 2016
Aaron
Aaron rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2015
Kate Gibson
Kate Gibson rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2016
Ryan Bassette
Ryan Bassette rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2011
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2012
Melanie
Melanie rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2013
Agnes
Agnes rated it it was ok
Sep 11, 2016
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was ok
Sep 05, 2012
Ann Janks
Ann Janks rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2016