Start by marking “Social Skills for Teenagers and Adults with Asperger's Syndrome: A Practical Guide to Day-to-day Life” as Want to Read:

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Features strategies for helping teenagers and adults with Asperger Syndrome to navigate social skills, friendships and relationships at home and in the community. This book offers advice for tackling various problems such as visits to the dentist or the doctor and searching for a job. It is intended for teenagers and adults with Asperger Syndrome.
Published July 15th 2008 by Jessica Kingsley Publishers

Be the first to ask a question about Social Skills for Teenagers and Adults with Asperger's Syndrome

Jon Cox
I have a problem with most social skills books I have seen. They seem to talk more about functioning in every day situations more than they do about social skills. I agree that functioning in everyday situations is important, and, in a way, is social skills, but I think Ms. Patrick missed the boat a bit. She does share some good social skills and tips for functioning, and I think that the book would be very helpful for most teens or adults with Asperger's Syndrome, but I would have liked to see ...more
Laura Cushing
A useful guide to social skills for adults and teens with asperger's syndrome. Some of the insights into why and how we do certain interactions were useful. Others were things I already knew, but going over them again was helpful.

A lot of things I struggle with were detailed in this book, and while a lot of the solutions given involve practice and aren't an instant fix, I feel like I benefited from reading it and would recommend it to others with aspergers.

Borrowed from the library.
Erin
This was ok, but more geared towards teenagers. I didn't think the advice was as helpful to adults. Especially adults that are set in their ways.
Definitely one of the books I'm keeping somewhere visible
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Massimo
Massimo marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Brandon
Brandon marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Fei Delysid
Fei Delysid marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Kayleigh
Kayleigh marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Heather Barnhart
Heather Barnhart marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Katie
Katie added it
Jan 04, 2015
Maxine
Maxine marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Aaron
Aaron added it
Nov 20, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Joy
Joy marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Johny Ryan
Johny Ryan is currently reading it
Aug 06, 2014
Chuck
Chuck marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Inge
Inge marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Hints and Tips for Helping Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders: Useful Strategies for Home, School, and the Community Hints and Tips for Helping Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders: Useful Strategies for Home, School, and the Community