Franklin's Halloween

Franklin's Halloween (Franklin the Turtle)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  315 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Franklin and his friends are excited about the Halloween party. But things get scary when Franklin begins to think that there might be a real ghost at the party in this Franklin Classic Storybook.
Published June 30th 1996 by Kids Can Press

Lindsey (Babies, Books, and Beyond)
In honor of Halloween, CJ and I have been reading Fall and Halloween themed books. Nothing scary, he's only one. We'll wait until next year to pull out the Stephen King for him. One of the books we read was Franklin's Halloween.

First of all, I freaking love Franklin. Where has he been all my life? Everyone who knows me knows I love turtles. I even have a tattoo of one on my leg. How did I not know that there were books about a turtle with the awesome name Franklin?

Secondly, this book was adora...more
Teddie Trombley
Franklin books used to be my all time favorite books when I was little. This book is about Franklin the turtle that loves Halloween and is so excited for the annual Halloween party, which has bobbing for apples, a costume contest, carnival games, and a haunted house. Franklin was so excited but the only problem was that he could not figure out what to dress up as. He tried on everything that was in his dress up trunk but could not find a single thing to wear. Franklin started thinking and then a...more
Mrs Mommy Booknerd http://mrsmommybooknerd.blogspot.com
Before I became a mother I did not know who Franklin was. But now with two young boys in my house we are all well aware of Franklin and all the shenanigans he and his animal friends get into. We love him and all his pals. The lessons that these book teach are ones that my children and I can relate to.

As a teacher of preschool aged children I find that the influence that literature has on the children to be great. One must be selective what literature children get exposed to because it can make...more
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
My son came home from school sick today. I thought he might like to cuddle up with mom and read a story. That always seems to help a little.

We read Franklin's Halloween. I had downloaded it from netgalley and wanted to read it with my eight year old. I love to see what they think. I know what I like in a children's story: great pictures, humor, a lesson, phonetics....etc. Kids mostly want a good story and to see the pictures. I asked him what he thought and he said it was good. I asked him if ot...more
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)

Brigid Keely
"Franklin's Halloween," by Paulette Bourgeois and Brenda Clark, is a heavily illustrated story about Franklin and his friends and their Halloween party. The illustrations have personality and great use of color and the text is very readable. The story follows Franklin as he discusses Halloween plans with his friends in school, decides on a costume at home, goes to a Halloween party, braves a haunted house, and experiences an actual GHOST-- or does he? There's a bit of mystery and suspense that i...more
Bea
"Franklin's Halloween" talks about a Halloween party that Franklin attends with his friends. We see him considering what costume he should wear, he wants to win a prize in the costume contest and he doesn't want to duplicate what his friends are wearing. Once at the party, he tries to guess which of the costumed party-goers are his friends. There's a brief little mystery about Bear and a ghost costume, older children and adults will figure it out quickly.

The story is simple and cute, not very co...more
Bvlmc Buchanan Verplanck Elementary School
Franklin and his friends prepare their costumes for the Halloween party and decide to surprise each other at the event. Can you guess who is who? Of course a bit of a scare occurs when they learn that bear is home sick and not the animal dressed as a ghost. Who could the ghost be? Once the mystery is solved a particularly, the friends show a wonderful touch of kindness when they all leave their sick friend a bag of treats. Happy Halloween everyone!
Michelle
Franklin and his friends get ready to go to their Halloween party, deciding what would be best to wear. While there, they got a big scare thinking that they saw a real ghost.
All the animals were adorable in their costumes, and the story line was good enough that it held my 3 and 5 year old's attention. They loved that it was about Halloween, since Halloween is just around the corner.
Michelle
Brody
(3 1/2 years old.) Brody really loves this book, especially since it has to do with Halloween and a Ghost. His favorite part is when everyone thinks that Bear is a Ghost, when Bear was really at home with a cold. He liked that they gave them his candies, even though he couldn't come out Trick-or-Treating with them.
Emmy
A great Halloween book for kids! My little brother loved the pictures and found the costumes fun to look at and identify. The general 'non scariness' of this book makes this a good reccomendation to much younger children as well!
Angela
Another great Franklin title. I couldn't help but wonder when I read this with my guy this year if it would be the last time. He is almost seven and still enjoys picture books, but that could change between now and next year.
Erica Rhodes
This is a cute book. My little ones love it and next year it will be perfect for my oldest boy to read independently. The kids love the little bit of mystery with the ghost, and especially love the ending!
Amy
Franklin is a sweet little turtle, and his adventures are fun and innocent. Even on spooky Halloween night, things never get too scary.
Liz
My three year old love this book. I watched Franklin all the time and really like the animals.
Kirei
Oct 11, 2008 Kirei rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: kindergarteners and early elementary
Shelves: younger-kids
Franklin goes to a Halloween Party dressed as Franklinstein. This is a fun, non-scary book.
Theresa
good early interest books related to the tv series
Bridget
If your kids like Franklin, they will like this book.
Peggy
A very good Halloween book for the kindergarten set!
Jaime
One of my daughters favorite nook books!
Shacoria
I love Franklin's costume options.
Jessica Van Vleet
Good Halloween book for young children.
ReadingWench
A Perfect book for Halloween.

AR 2.7
Anca Maria
I like the pictures in the book.
Skylar Burris
Mom says eh...kids say yeah!
Alice
Halloween sticker
Anandi
Anandi marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
  • Clifford's First Halloween
  • Corduroy's Best Halloween Ever!
  • Arthur's Christmas (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • It's Pumpkin Time!
  • The Night Before Halloween
  • There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Chick!
  • The Biggest Pumpkin Ever
  • Mouse's First Halloween
  • Five Little Pumpkins (Harper Growing Tree)
  • Big Al
  • It's Thanksgiving
  • Just Going to the Dentist (Little Critter)
  • The Valentine Bears
Born in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Bourgeois graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Occupational therapy from the University of Western Ontario in 1974. She was a psychiatric occupational therapist for three years before deciding to focus on her writing. She studied journalism at Carlton University then worked as a reporter for the Ottawa Citizen and CBC Television. She became a freelance journal...more
More about Paulette Bourgeois...
Franklin Goes to School Franklin Is Bossy Franklin Wants a Pet Franklin In The Dark Franklin Is Lost