Start by marking “Natural Beauty at Home, Revised Edition: More Than 250 Easy-to-Use Recipes for Body, Bath, and Hair” as Want to Read:

3.88  ·  Rating Details  ·  134 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
A revised edition of the bestselling guide to easy and effective home beauty treatments from America's natural beauty expert

Beauty in modern America is a multibillion-dollar industry, and consumers spend hundreds of dollars on beauty products only to discover that they aren't satisfactory or effective. Natural Beauty at Home includes over two hundred of Janice Cox's recipe
Published August 2nd 2002 by Holt Paperbacks (first published January 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Natural Beauty at Home, Revised Edition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Natural Beauty at Home, Revised Edition

Soapykitty
Oct 31, 2011 Soapykitty rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-book
I enjoyed reading this and haven't made anything in it,but I don't like that in her shampoo recipe she says to buy any old cheap uncented shampoo from the drugstore.Why bother making it when you have to buy shampoo to make it?
Janelle Bennette-Wharton
I am new to making my own body products & this book was a nice stepping stone for a beginner. Because of the time this book was written I did have to substitute some of her ingredients & I'm very happy she did provide me with a list of alternative ones I could use that were more easily available to me. I've started making my own hair conditioner, treatments, lotions & facials. My skin & hair feel & look great. Very happy I came across it.
Amanda Klich
Jan 13, 2016 Amanda Klich rated it really liked it
This book is a very simple, easy to follow read. Most of it I already knew, but the recipes were great for making lists to make shopping easier, I am that person who tends to forget stuff if I don't make a list.
Hawkgirl
I feel like I need an updated version. This book mentions using mineral oil, which is derived from petroleum. Something I'm not at all interested in using. Still a good starter though.
Karissa
Nov 22, 2008 Karissa rated it it was amazing
fantastic! for a novice or anyone experienced that wants to make new products. it has tons and then some more recipes. hair tonics to hair growth, foot rubs to toothpaste. it really has it all. simple easy to follow directions. I love this book!
Newby
Oct 06, 2008 Newby rated it really liked it
I borrowed this book from a friend of mine and actually had to get myself a copy. The recipes are easy to follow and the products are amazing. Nothing's more earth-friendly than creating your own beauty products! I love this book!
Stacy
Oct 11, 2012 Stacy rated it really liked it
This is one of the most complete books of its kind that I have read and the recipes are all easy to follow. I'm adding this to my Amazon wish list so I can always have a copy on hand.
Robin Dodds
I haven't made anything from this yet, but I can't wait to. Simple, inexpensive, natural remedies, most of them from ingredients you have in your kitchen. What could be better?
Jillian
Mar 25, 2008 Jillian rated it it was ok
Shelves: fashion-beauty
Hmm. Turns out most at home beauty treatments are more unsanitary, expensive and messy than just paying to have a professional do them. Good to know.
Miriam-Lea
May 20, 2008 Miriam-Lea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: do it yourselfers
Recommended to Miriam-Lea by: The Provo Library
The recipes are really fun, my husband loves using the olive oil cleansing lotion that now has a permanent place in our shower.
Amber Val
Feb 18, 2013 Amber Val rated it really liked it
Simple recipes, although I do wish the author spent more time on her reasoning for using certain ingredients.
Danielle Head
Apr 22, 2008 Danielle Head rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Danielle by: Sariah
It is really fun to make your own lotions, shampoos, toothpaste, hair gel, etc...
Courtney
Jul 23, 2015 Courtney rated it really liked it
good practical recipes
Kate
Mar 18, 2008 Kate rated it it was amazing
Love this book!
April Chase
April Chase rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2016
constance toney
constance toney rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2016
Khai
Khai marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Rawan Abudawood
Rawan Abudawood marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Hanna Roseen
Hanna Roseen rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2016
Jan Johnson
Jan Johnson marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Katia
Katia added it
Jan 31, 2016
Jennifer Cinti
Jennifer Cinti marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Denise Toibes
Denise Toibes marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Lora
Lora marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Emily
Emily added it
Jan 16, 2016
Rocio
Rocio marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2016
Debbie L. Foster
Debbie L. Foster rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Soapmaker's Companion: A Comprehensive Guide with Recipes, Techniques & Know-How
  • Organic Body Care Recipes
  • The Essential Oils Book: Creating Personal Blends for Mind & Body
  • Green Beauty Recipes: Easy Homemade Recipes to Make your Own Skincare, Hair Care and Body Care Products
  • Medicinal Plants of the Pacific West
  • GREEN CLEAN: The Environmentally Sound Guide to Cleaning Your Home
  • The Herbal Handbook: A User's Guide to Medical Herbalism
  • All Women Are Healers: A Comprehensive Guide to Natural Healing
  • Homemade: How-to Make Hundreds of Everyday Products Fast, Fresh, and More Naturally
  • Herbs for Natural Beauty
  • Better Basics for the Home: Simple Solutions for Less Toxic Living
  • Smart Soapmaking: The Simple Guide to Making Traditional Handmade Soap Quickly, Safely, and Reliably: The Simple Guide to Making Traditional Handmade ... Soaps for Family, Friends, and Yourself
  • The Naturally Clean Home: 101 Safe and Easy Herbal Formulas for Nontoxic Cleansers
  • Growing 101 Herbs That Heal: Gardening Techniques, Recipes, and Remedies
  • The 5-Minute Face: The Quick & Easy Makeup Guide for Every Woman
  • Identifying and Harvesting Edible and Medicinal Plants
  • Clean House Clean Planet
  • The Herbal Home Remedy Book: Simple Recipes for Tinctures, Teas, Salves, Tonics, and Syrups