Start by marking “Natural Beauty at Home, Revised Edition: More Than 250 Easy-to-Use Recipes for Body, Bath, and Hair” as Want to Read:

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  115 ratings  ·  11 reviews
A revised edition of the bestselling guide to easy and effective home beauty treatments from America's natural beauty expert

Beauty in modern America is a multibillion-dollar industry, and consumers spend hundreds of dollars on beauty products only to discover that they aren't satisfactory or effective. Natural Beauty at Home includes over two hundred of Janice Cox's recipe
Published August 2nd 2002 by Holt Paperbacks (first published January 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Natural Beauty at Home, Revised Edition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Natural Beauty at Home, Revised Edition

I enjoyed reading this and haven't made anything in it,but I don't like that in her shampoo recipe she says to buy any old cheap uncented shampoo from the drugstore.Why bother making it when you have to buy shampoo to make it?
fantastic! for a novice or anyone experienced that wants to make new products. it has tons and then some more recipes. hair tonics to hair growth, foot rubs to toothpaste. it really has it all. simple easy to follow directions. I love this book!
I borrowed this book from a friend of mine and actually had to get myself a copy. The recipes are easy to follow and the products are amazing. Nothing's more earth-friendly than creating your own beauty products! I love this book!
This is one of the most complete books of its kind that I have read and the recipes are all easy to follow. I'm adding this to my Amazon wish list so I can always have a copy on hand.
Robin Dodds
I haven't made anything from this yet, but I can't wait to. Simple, inexpensive, natural remedies, most of them from ingredients you have in your kitchen. What could be better?
Hmm. Turns out most at home beauty treatments are more unsanitary, expensive and messy than just paying to have a professional do them. Good to know.
May 20, 2008 Miriam-Lea rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: do it yourselfers
Recommended to Miriam-Lea by: The Provo Library
The recipes are really fun, my husband loves using the olive oil cleansing lotion that now has a permanent place in our shower.
Amber Val
Simple recipes, although I do wish the author spent more time on her reasoning for using certain ingredients.
Danielle Head
Apr 22, 2008 Danielle Head rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Danielle by: Sariah
It is really fun to make your own lotions, shampoos, toothpaste, hair gel, etc...
Love this book!
Kirsty L
Kirsty L marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Alicia White
Alicia White marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Kevin Kelsey
Kevin Kelsey marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Marian marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Dumauvsegda marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Jenni marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Kymberly marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Skylar marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
Courtney marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Christine marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Allison marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Sarah Walker
Sarah Walker marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
  • The Soapmaker's Companion: A Comprehensive Guide with Recipes, Techniques & Know-How
  • Organic Body Care Recipes
  • Green Beauty Recipes: Easy Homemade Recipes to Make your Own Skincare, Hair Care and Body Care Products
  • The Essential Oils Book: Creating Personal Blends for Mind & Body
  • Medicinal Plants of the Pacific West
  • GREEN CLEAN: The Environmentally Sound Guide to Cleaning Your Home
  • Homemade: How-to Make Hundreds of Everyday Products Fast, Fresh, and More Naturally
  • Better Basics for the Home: Simple Solutions for Less Toxic Living
  • Organic Housekeeping: In Which the Nontoxic Avenger Shows You How to Improve Your Health and That of Your Family, While You Save Time, Money, And, Perhaps, Your Sanity
  • The 5-Minute Face: The Quick & Easy Makeup Guide for Every Woman
  • Clean House Clean Planet
  • The Complete Illustrated Holistic Herbal: Safe and Practical Guide to Making and Using Herbal Remedies
  • Rosemary Gladstar's Herbal Recipes for Vibrant Health: 175 Teas, Tonics, Oils, Salves, Tinctures, and Other Natural Remedies for the Entire Family
  • Growing 101 Herbs That Heal: Gardening Techniques, Recipes, and Remedies
  • All Women Are Healers: A Comprehensive Guide to Natural Healing
  • Grow Your Own Drugs: Easy Recipes for Natural Remedies and Beauty Treats
  • The Naturally Clean Home: 101 Safe and Easy Herbal Formulas for Nontoxic Cleansers
  • The Herbal Drugstore
Natural Beauty for All Seasons: 250 Simple Recipes And Gift-Giving Ideas For Year-Round Beauty Natural Beauty From The Garden: More Than 200 Do-It-Yourself Beauty Recipes & Garden Ideas Belleza narural con productos naturales EcoBeauty: Scrubs, Rubs, Masks, Rinses, and Bath Bombs for You and Your Friends