Start by marking “Bridge Called Hope: Stories of Triumph from the Ranch of Rescued Dreams” as Want to Read:
Bridge Called Hope: Stories of Triumph from the Ranch of Rescued Dreams

Bridge Called Hope: Stories of Triumph from the Ranch of Rescued Dreams

4.37  ·  Rating Details  ·  310 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
Cross Over Troubled Waters

Hope is like the stars—always there, yet shining brightest in the blackest of nights. It is like the dawn, always rising anew. Hope is for everyone, and that includes you. This collection of more than twenty true stories from a ranch of rescued dreams unveils the heart of true strength and the character of genuine courage. Experience for yourself
Published September 15th 2006 by Multnomah (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Bridge Called Hope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bridge Called Hope

Andrea
This book was just ok it would have been better without all the religious stuff. I didn't know the book was about religion I thought it was going to be about horse rescue stories.
Jessica
May 08, 2013 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Just a few days ago, I finished reading a book by Kim Meeder, called Bridge of Hope.

Kim Meeder and her husband Troy run a ranch called Crystal Peaks Youth Ranch, in Oregon. They rescue abused, mistreated and dying horses; help them recover, and then pair them with children in need.

This book is full of touching, inspiring, and real stories about horses and the way they have touched the hearts and lives of hurting children and youth. It is written in a very easy to read style and often include wor
Lisa Ostreim
Jul 26, 2015 Lisa Ostreim rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. True to the title, this book is filled with stories of hope. From the first few sentences on I was completely drawn in and imagining the ranch in my mind with each chapter I read. I was so encouraged and intrigued by reading this book that I now have a dream of going to the ranch and hopefully volunteering someday.
Donna
Nov 06, 2014 Donna rated it it was amazing
Can't say enough about this book and her other like it, Hope Rising. The emotional healing that takes place for both abused/neglected horses and children is captured in this book. It is a book I will treasure and re-read through the years.
Nov 04, 2014 Laura rated it it was amazing
This will always have a place on my "favorites" shelf. You'll be crying or laughing with every turn of the page. It leaves you full and a better person.
Helen
Mar 20, 2016 Helen rated it it was amazing
Awesome, touching stories.
Sherry
Oct 02, 2007 Sherry rated it it was amazing
This book is a second in a series. The first is entitled, "Hope Rising". I loved both books. They are so inspirational and embody their titles of "Hope". They are the true stories of troubled children brought to Crystal Peaks Youth Ranch to connect with the horses there. The connection between human and these beautiful animals is undeniable. Healing comes to both child and beast as they learn to trust and forgive the inhuman treatment they have both endured. A must read for any animal lover such ...more
Emma
Sep 18, 2015 Emma rated it liked it
Very Sad
icecheeks411
Feb 19, 2009 icecheeks411 rated it it was amazing
I really like this book. I first read it at a summer camp I worked at. It was a youth ranch for under privalliged kids and the goal of the ranch is to achieve something like Crystal Peaks Youth Ranch in this book. This book is really insparational and just makes me smile (and sometimes cry). The Hope really is Rising, from the spark, from the flame and from the ashes.
Karin
It was an interesting book about how horses are rescued from abusive homes and rehabilitated. It's also about children who bond with these horses and learn to love and have hope and belief in themselves.

It lost a point because it was way too religious. It did not sell itself as a religious book but as a horse or children-whose-lives-are-affected-by-horse book.
Jennifer Henschel
Jan 05, 2015 Jennifer Henschel rated it it was amazing
Love this book! Very inspirational and I love the work that she does.
C.J. Darlington
Jan 27, 2015 C.J. Darlington rated it really liked it
Shelves: horses, non-fiction
Another inspiring book by Kim Meeder. My favorite stories are the ones showing how horses touch the lives of the kids at the ranch. Occasionally Kim will wax eloquent a little bit longer than the story might need, but there's spiritual meat in her words that can impact greatly. Recommended.
Kiya Cratty
Feb 17, 2008 Kiya Cratty rated it it was amazing
This book is so very encouraging to any who have struggled in life from deaths, to illnesses, from loss of homes, to missed friends and more. It is a book that almost anyone I'm sure can relate too. And it is so very moving.
Jan Sydnam
Mar 07, 2009 Jan Sydnam rated it it was amazing
A must read for horse lovers. Kim is a talented author that brings home the emotion of each event as she and her husband care for horses that teach young and disabled riders an opportunity to learn about real love.
Kristy
Aug 05, 2008 Kristy rated it really liked it
I love that each chapter is a seperate story, so you can read for just a few minutes or read several chapters at a time. The stories are both tragic and heart-warming.
Thalia
Jan 30, 2009 Thalia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian
2nd of series. Still inspiring but not as heartfelt as the first book for me. Still would rate high if you like true-to-life works from the heart.
Audra
Feb 22, 2008 Audra rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: bickgirl24
Recommended to Audra by: heard about it on Christian radio
This book left me deeply touched. It will move you through all ranges of emotion and leave you wanting more of Kim's true stories.
Jeannie
Oct 17, 2011 Jeannie rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own
Beautifully written and inspiring short stories. I cried more than once reading this book, a lot of heartbreaking stories in here.
Alicia
Feb 03, 2008 Alicia rated it really liked it
The unconditional love of horses towards children who are hurting and the joy and love between them..... a must read also.
Sydney
Jun 11, 2015 Sydney rated it it was amazing
LOVED this book. I am so glad it is summer now so I will have so much more time to read and go to the library (:
Lois
Jun 05, 2009 Lois rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 12 and up
Recommended to Lois by: Mom
This book is truely amazing in some parts, laugh your head off funny in others, and cry your eyes out in many.
Loraine
Mar 20, 2009 Loraine rated it it was amazing
Sequel to Hope Rising and continues the inspirational story of horses and at risk lives helping one another.
Stephanie
Feb 02, 2008 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
This book is for anyone who loves horses and stories of hope, healing and the miraclous power of God's love.
Nikki Waltrowski
We can all have hope and make a difference in someone's life. This book really touched my heart.
Rebekah
Dec 10, 2014 Rebekah rated it really liked it
Heart-breaking stories that bring out the best in people and horses at this rescue ranch
Patriot
Sep 04, 2011 Patriot rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!
Recommended to Patriot by: Lakota P
Many thanks to Lakota for giving this wonderful book to me! It's just AMAZING!
Cherise
Feb 14, 2008 Cherise rated it liked it
Shelves:
i have only read 2 chapters but i love how the people and the horses connect.
Naomi
Apr 18, 2011 Naomi rated it liked it
I liked the first one better, but this was still a good read.
Talea
Jul 03, 2008 Talea rated it it was amazing
A horse ranch in Oregon is open to visit for therapy with horses.
Kate
Feb 15, 2010 Kate rated it it was amazing
this book is really good! I recommend it for everyone ;)
  • Angel Horses: Divine Messengers of Hope
  • Where the Blind Horse Sings: The Uplifting Story of the Catskill Animal Sanctuary and the Animals Who Call It Home
  • The Horses of Proud Spirit
  • Considering the Horse: Tales of Problems Solved and Lessons Learned
  • Chicken Soup for the Horse Lover's Soul II: Inspirational Tales of Passion, Achievement and Devotion
  • All or Nothing (Chestnut Hill, #6)
  • I'm Listening With a Broken Ear
  • Graceful (for Young Women): Letting Go of Your Try-Hard Life
  • Crusade of Tears
  • City of Dreams (Hero, #1)
  • At Home in North Branch (Grandma's Attic #8)
  • Out of the Black Shadows: The Amazing Transformation of Stephen Lungu
  • Rex and the City: A Memoir of a Woman, a Man and the Rescue Dog Who Rescued Their Relationship
  • Mystery At Saddle Creek (Saddle Creek, #2)
  • Who's That Dog? 35 Fabulous Rescues That Found Their Forever Homes
  • Gypsy from Nowhere (Gypsy, #1)
  • Between Heaven and Ground Zero: One Woman's Struggle for Survival and Faith in the Ashes of 9/11
  • She Flies Without Wings: How Horses Touch a Woman's Soul
Kim Meeder is the cofounder and director of Crystal Peaks Youth Ranch, an organization that rescues abused and dying horses and pairs them with children in need.

Kim’s first book, Hope Rising, propelled the ranch to win the national Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Award and launched her extensive public/motivational speaking schedule at schools, churches, and governmental conferences across the United
More about Kim Meeder...

“When I ride a horse, it just makes my blood wiggle! [Cole, age 5]” 16 likes
“There are only two kinds of people in this world... those who pick their nose... and liars. [Joshua, age 9]” 14 likes