Start by marking “Bridge Called Hope: Stories of Triumph from the Ranch of Rescued Dreams” as Want to Read:
Bridge Called Hope: Stories of Triumph from the Ranch of Rescued Dreams

Bridge Called Hope: Stories of Triumph from the Ranch of Rescued Dreams

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  238 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Cross Over Troubled Waters

Hope is like the stars—always there, yet shining brightest in the blackest of nights. It is like the dawn, always rising anew. Hope is for everyone, and that includes you. This collection of more than twenty true stories from a ranch of rescued dreams unveils the heart of true strength and the character of genuine courage. Experience for yourself...more
Published September 15th 2006 by Multnomah Books (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Bridge Called Hope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bridge Called Hope

Andrea
This book was just ok it would have been better without all the religious stuff. I didn't know the book was about religion I thought it was going to be about horse rescue stories.
Jessica G.
Just a few days ago, I finished reading a book by Kim Meeder, called Bridge of Hope.

Kim Meeder and her husband Troy run a ranch called Crystal Peaks Youth Ranch, in Oregon. They rescue abused, mistreated and dying horses; help them recover, and then pair them with children in need.

This book is full of touching, inspiring, and real stories about horses and the way they have touched the hearts and lives of hurting children and youth. It is written in a very easy to read style and often include wor...more
Sherry
This book is a second in a series. The first is entitled, "Hope Rising". I loved both books. They are so inspirational and embody their titles of "Hope". They are the true stories of troubled children brought to Crystal Peaks Youth Ranch to connect with the horses there. The connection between human and these beautiful animals is undeniable. Healing comes to both child and beast as they learn to trust and forgive the inhuman treatment they have both endured. A must read for any animal lover such...more
icecheeks411
I really like this book. I first read it at a summer camp I worked at. It was a youth ranch for under privalliged kids and the goal of the ranch is to achieve something like Crystal Peaks Youth Ranch in this book. This book is really insparational and just makes me smile (and sometimes cry). The Hope really is Rising, from the spark, from the flame and from the ashes.
Karin
It was an interesting book about how horses are rescued from abusive homes and rehabilitated. It's also about children who bond with these horses and learn to love and have hope and belief in themselves.

It lost a point because it was way too religious. It did not sell itself as a religious book but as a horse or children-whose-lives-are-affected-by-horse book.
C.J. Darlington
Another inspiring book by Kim Meeder. My favorite stories are the ones showing how horses touch the lives of the kids at the ranch. Occasionally Kim will wax eloquent a little bit longer than the story might need, but there's spiritual meat in her words that can impact greatly. Recommended.
Kiya Cratty
This book is so very encouraging to any who have struggled in life from deaths, to illnesses, from loss of homes, to missed friends and more. It is a book that almost anyone I'm sure can relate too. And it is so very moving.
Jan Sydnam
A must read for horse lovers. Kim is a talented author that brings home the emotion of each event as she and her husband care for horses that teach young and disabled riders an opportunity to learn about real love.
Kristy
I love that each chapter is a seperate story, so you can read for just a few minutes or read several chapters at a time. The stories are both tragic and heart-warming.
Thalia
2nd of series. Still inspiring but not as heartfelt as the first book for me. Still would rate high if you like true-to-life works from the heart.
Audra
Feb 22, 2008 Audra rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: bickgirl24
Recommended to Audra by: heard about it on Christian radio
This book left me deeply touched. It will move you through all ranges of emotion and leave you wanting more of Kim's true stories.
Jeannie
Beautifully written and inspiring short stories. I cried more than once reading this book, a lot of heartbreaking stories in here.
Alicia
The unconditional love of horses towards children who are hurting and the joy and love between them..... a must read also.
Lois
Jun 05, 2009 Lois rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 12 and up
Recommended to Lois by: Mom
This book is truely amazing in some parts, laugh your head off funny in others, and cry your eyes out in many.
Loraine
Sequel to Hope Rising and continues the inspirational story of horses and at risk lives helping one another.
Stephanie
This book is for anyone who loves horses and stories of hope, healing and the miraclous power of God's love.
Nikki Waltrowski
We can all have hope and make a difference in someone's life. This book really touched my heart.
Rebekah
Heart-breaking stories that bring out the best in people and horses at this rescue ranch
Patriot
Sep 04, 2011 Patriot rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!
Recommended to Patriot by: Lakota P
Many thanks to Lakota for giving this wonderful book to me! It's just AMAZING!
Cherise
i have only read 2 chapters but i love how the people and the horses connect.
Naomi
I liked the first one better, but this was still a good read.
Talea
A horse ranch in Oregon is open to visit for therapy with horses.
Kate
this book is really good! I recommend it for everyone ;)
Jean Cable
I gave up, I do not care for it. It is over the top.
Linda
Sweet and emotional as was Kim Meeder's other book...
Lakota
SOOO touching! there is Hope in Jesus Christ
Evelyn
More moving stories from Crystal Peaks Ranch.
Ruthie
Great stories of God's healing!
Suzanne
Number two book.
Cynthia
Mar 31, 2008 Cynthia rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
Another great book by Kim Meeder.
  • Where the Blind Horse Sings: The Uplifting Story of the Catskill Animal Sanctuary and the Animals Who Call It Home
  • Along Came a Cowboy (Pinky Promise Sisterhood, #2)
  • No Dogs in Heaven?: Scenes from the Life of a Country Veterinarian
  • A Good Horse Is Never a Bad Color: Tales of Training through Communication and Trust
  • Beautiful Jim Key: The Lost History of a Horse and a Man Who Changed the World
  • Mexico (Notes from a Spinning Planet, #3)
  • Chosen by a Horse
  • Blue Wings (Phantom Stallion, #20)
  • All or Nothing (Chestnut Hill, #6)
  • A Dog Named Slugger
  • I'm Listening With a Broken Ear
  • A Horse to Love (Keystone Stables #1)
  • Buckskin Bandit (Winnie the Horse Gentler, #8)
  • Fixing Freddie: A True Story about a Boy, a Mom, and a Very, Very Bad Beagle
  • Chicken Soup for the Horse Lover's Soul II: Tales of Passion, Achievement and Devotion (Chicken Soup for the Soul)
  • City of Dreams
  • The Horses of Proud Spirit
  • Tales from a Dog Catcher
Kim Meeder is the cofounder and director of Crystal Peaks Youth Ranch, an organization that rescues abused and dying horses and pairs them with children in need.

Kim’s first book, Hope Rising, propelled the ranch to win the national Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Award and launched her extensive public/motivational speaking schedule at schools, churches, and governmental conferences across the United...more
More about Kim Meeder...
Hope Rising: Stories from the Ranch of Rescued Dreams Blind Hope: An Unwanted Dog and the Woman She Rescued Fierce Beauty: Choosing to Stand for What Matters Most

“When I ride a horse, it just makes my blood wiggle! [Cole, age 5]” 13 likes
“There are only two kinds of people in this world... those who pick their nose... and liars. [Joshua, age 9]” 11 likes