Start by marking “Dawn: Diary 3 (California Diaries, #11)” as Want to Read:
Dawn: Diary 3 (California Diaries, #11)

Dawn: Diary 3 (California Diaries #11)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  207 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Dawn and Sunny used to be best friends. But now they're history. Still, they share one major concern: Sunny's mom, who's dying of cancer. No one else understands what they're going through. That just may be enough to reunite them.
Published April 1st 1999 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Dawn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dawn

Laura Hughes
Dawn freaks out over a concert.

After their catastrophic fight, Dawn misses Sunny (but is not willing to admit any fault, cut Sunny any slack, and honestly doesn't seem to like Sunny much. She SAYS "I miss her," but doesn't make you feel it. Anyway.) Dawn is psyched when Ducky scores tickets to her favorite band and invites her along, but she feels nervous that he's also invited Sunny. She makes some half-hearted attempts to make up with Sunny before the concert, but Sunny isn't interested. The c
Melanie Raye
in some places it is a very insightful look at friendship, but I feel that the concert subplot detracts from the emotional depth of the book.
Hannah Howard
Nov 17, 2013 Hannah Howard rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: realistic fiction lovers
Recommended to Hannah by: I found it at school.
This book was OK, but not my favorite. I liked it because it told a story about a normal girl, and at one point I was like, "ooh! Keep reading I want to see what happens!" Some parts were also kind of weird though. There was some parts talking about drinking, and friend promised not to drink and he did. So there was some parts that I was like whoah! But overall it told a good story of a girl and she got back her best friend. It was a fast read, and it was in a diary form. There is a few other bo ...more
A very late night read.
This one was okay. I found it a little off putting that everything is so serious and then Dawn started going on and on about Jax and Pierre X... totally random. I mean I guess it worked to cause a little conflict and get across the morality/drunk driving sub storyline, but I dunno.
Then again, I guess a infatuation storyline would be more realistic when I consider these girls are supposed to be 13 years old!
I dunno, it just seemed kind of odd and out of place. I liked th
Jul 30, 2009 Amanda rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People who have read the rest of the series
This book was o.k. But I don't really like any of Dawn's diaries. She is my least favorite character.

In this book Dawn deals with Sunny. Dawn wants to be friends with Sunny again but every time she tries to Sunny pushes her away. Eventually Dawn talks to Sunny.

During this whole book Sunny's Mom is Dying of cancer.
I so appreciate Dawn's handwriting. 1,000 times better than Ducky's. I do not understand why a concert in a club that serves alcohol would allow 13 year olds to attend. I just don't. Overall a fine book in the series and the handwriting ease of reading moved it from 3 to 4 stars.
I really enjoyed this whole series of books. (I'm a sucker for books written as diaries).
I used to love the BBSC series.
Daisha Davis
Daisha Davis marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2015
Melanie marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
Erin marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Julie added it
Aug 17, 2015
Laura added it
Aug 06, 2015
Noelle Leader
Noelle Leader marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Nellie Rose
Nellie Rose marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
Rachel added it
Jul 21, 2015
Abbie marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
  • Hide and Seek
  • Pearl Harbor, 1941
  • Thames Doesn't Rhyme with James
  • Three Lives to Live
  • Two's a Crowd (Two of a Kind, #7)
  • Among Friends
  • The Toilet Paper Tigers
  • Don't Hurt Laurie
  • Horse Sense (Saddle Club, #3)
  • Hit and Run Holiday (Nancy Drew: Files, #5)
  • The Message SOLO: An Uncommon Devotional
  • What You Don't Know (Sweet Valley Jr. High, #22)
  • Altaica (The Chronicles of Altaica, #1)
  • Virus (Med Center, #1)
  • The Happy Hollisters and the Old Clipper Ship (Happy Hollisters, #12)
  • Ode to Icky
  • Wonder's Victory (Thoroughbred, #4)
  • The Princess and the Pepperoni Pizza

More about Ann M. Martin...

California Diaries (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Dawn: Diary 1 (California Diaries, #1)
  • Sunny: Diary 1 (California Diaries, #2)
  • Maggie: Diary 1 (California Diaries, #3)
  • Amalia: Diary 1 (California Diaries, #4)
  • Ducky: Diary 1 (California Diaries, #5)
  • Sunny: Diary 2 (California Diaries, #6)
  • Dawn: Diary 2 (California Diaries, #7)
  • Maggie: Diary #2 (California Diaries, #8)
  • Amalia: Diary 2 (California Diaries, #9)
  • Ducky: Diary 2 (California Diaries, #10)
Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1) A Corner of the Universe A Dog's Life: The Autobiography of a Stray The Doll People (Doll People, #1) Rain Reign