Arthur Babysits (Arthur Adventure Series)

Arthur Babysits (Arthur Adventure Series)

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  828 ratings  ·  20 reviews
D.W. volunteers Arthur to babysit the terrible Tibble twins, notorious for their mischief. The situation gets out of control, but Arthur comes up with a great idea to get the twins to behave. Text copyright 2004 Lectorum Publications, Inc.
Board Book, 30 pages
Published April 1st 1997 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published October 1st 1992)

Ronyell
“Arthur Babysits” is another one of Marc Brown’s fantastic “Arthur” series about the importance of responsibility. In this story, Arthur has his hands full as he baby-sits a pair of troublesome twins when their mother is out of town. “Arthur Babysits” is truly a cute tale about the trials of babysitting that children will love for many years.

Marc Brown has done it again as he writes a brilliant story about the importance of being responsible when babysitting other people’s children. I love the...more
Ealthafer
I enjoyed reading this book and seeing what would happen because I really didn't know what the conclusion would be. I think this book would be good to teach students beginning, middle, and end because all the 3 parts can be easily described and pointed out. The beginning arthur offered to babysit. The middle Arthur got nervous and at first did a bad job babysitting. The end he calmed the boys down with a story and was asked to babysit again.
Krysta Jenkins
"Arthur Babysits" is about Arthur's worries about babysitting. The illustrations help to enhance what the text on the page tell the reader. Dark colors make up the background of the twin's home in the beginning of the story to express the dread all the adults feel for the roudy twin boys. But, bright colors surround the rest of the characters in the book. Full bleed pages are most common in the book, but a few illustrations have boarders around them and multiple pictures are shown on one page in...more
Laura Gibbs
Everyone loves Arthur books! This one was about Arthur babysitting someone besides his sisters for the first time: the tibble twins! Before he goes, his sister and all his friends talk to him about how horrible the boys are and Arthur gets really nervous! As soon as he gets there, they go wild and start doing things like knocking things over while playing cowboys/Indians, throwing cards, and tying Arthur up to a chair in the game of cowboys and Indians. All through this, D.W. is calling and chec...more
Ashlyn Barker
Loved these books as a child and after reading them again, I still think they're great! Children who have watched the show will find this series of books to be somewhat predictable - which is helpful for interesting and engaging newer readers.
Cana
Mommy says: OK, we didn't read the board book for Pete's sake, but that's the only choice Goodreads gave me. Anyway, Cana picked this one out because she loves Arthur books and has discovered the Arthur section of the library. I suspect we'll be reading a lot more Arthur and D.W. in the coming weeks. Anyhoo, this is a tale about Arthur babysitting two hellions and how he tricks them into behaving. Wish he could come to my house!
Sharon
Another Arthur adventure classic. I especially love the theme music associated with the television series for Arthur which rings in my head as I read another Arthur selection. Great book for young beginning readers and children who love Arthur and the television series associated with it!
Sharon
This book has suddenly come into heavy rotation. Tommy likes that one of the lively twins shares his name. I think Danny envisions himself as a future babysitter, but he definitely enjoys the depictions of babysitting gone awry (poop and barf, among other things).
Shacoria
In this book Arthur is asked to babysit the Tibble twins, who are known for being terrible. When he goes to babysit them they tie him up and do other naughty things, but eventually he finds a way to tame them. This book was pretty funny.
Rebekah
I'm not the Arthur fan S is but this story is a good one. He keeps hos promises, learns how to gain the respect of some youngins (the only humans I've ever seen in an Arthur book), and accepts help from his sister.
Plainfield Public Library District
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Ashley
A lot of children can relate to the difficulities of babysitting with this book. Would be great for children to read on their own.
Theresa
good early reader, using text to relate to the television show many of the stories hae been repeated in the show.
Tristan
Getting a little old forthis format, but great reading aloud to my little brother and sister.
Angela
The Arthur books are great fun reads, good stories and pictures.
Jessie
Arthur babysits the Tommy and Timmy Tibble.
Tammy Kesteloot
I read this with my son.
Cute read. Kids love it?
Jen
Kind of iffy with this one
Steph
  • Curious George and the Rocket
  • Curious George Makes Pancakes
  • Corduroy Lost and Found
  • Froggy Plays T-ball
  • Trick or Treat, Little Critter (Little Critter)
  • The Magic School Bus Spins A Web: A Book About Spiders
  • What a Bad Dream (A Golden Look-Look Book)
Marc Tolon Brown is perhaps best known for his Arthur series of children's books.

He lives on Martha's Vineyard and in New York City with his wife, Laurie Krasny Brown. He has three children, sons Tolon and Tucker, and daughter Eliza. The names of his two sons have been hidden in all of the Arthur books except for one: Arthur's Tooth.
More about Marc Brown...
Arthur's Eyes (Arthur Adventure Series) Arthur's Halloween (Arthur Adventure Series) Arthur's New Puppy (Arthur Adventure Series) Arthur's Valentine (Arthur Adventure Series) Arthur Writes a Story (Arthur Adventure Series)