Angel's Choice

Angel's Choice

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  181 ratings  ·  26 reviews
All I remember is the sensation of things slipping away from me....

In one night Angel Hansen's life changes forever: She has sex for the first time. Not that she remembers the act itself -- not the pain or the pleasure. But she is left with something that will never let her forget it: an unplanned pregnancy. Angel must make a choice. Abortion? Adoption? Keep it? None of...more
Published December 26th 2006 by Simon Pulse (first published December 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Angel's Choice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angel's Choice

Alicia
I'm sick of the teen pregnancy stories, yet I can't seem to get away from them. When I read them now, I'm looking for something different, something provocative, something thought-provoking, but then again, if I was looking for that, I shouldn't be reading YA novels about teen pregnancy!

Angel has a one-night stand she really doesn't remember because she was drinking and feeling despondent about an ex (who she's never had sex with). So, you guessed it, she loses her virginity near her old middle...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Sally Kruger, aka "Readingjunky" for TeensReadToo.com

Teenage pregnancy can't realistically be lived in only 250 pages, but Lauren Baratz-Logsted handles this controversial topic more successfully than most. ANGEL'S CHOICE begins like many other teen pregnancy stories with one bad decision; however, Angel's voice narrates a little something extra into the story that's really hard to explain.

There is the upset family, the lost friendships, the ostracism in the school classroom, plus t...more
*•.♥.•*Sabrina Rutter*•.♥.•*
In Angel's Choice you read about a teenage girl who becomes pregnant and all the decisions she must make. While I did enjoy the book I felt that some of it was pretty obvious that it could not, or would not happen in real life.
When I was a teenager my teen best friend did become pregnant and then married and became pregnant again. She was not treated badly by the other students in the school becuase of it, if anything she was treated much better than she was before she became a pregnant teen.
I...more
Aiil3eN
Nisa Ledezma
Sep 24, 2009 Nisa Ledezma rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: any teens who are interested in real life situations
Recommended to Nisa by: a friend
Amy Jacobs
Author Lauren Baratz-Logsted has a writing voice that captures young adult angst with ease. I am a huge fan of her writing and she always amazes me with her stories. With Angel's Choice, I again fell into the trap of reading straight through the book with no breaks. I was hooked from the first page and couldn't put it down.

This book touches on the subject of teen pregnancy and the decisions teens face when presented with it. Do they tell anyone? Do they keep the baby or not? Do they get picked o...more
83katie.belle.
Angel"s Choice is about this teenage girl, Angel. Angel has a pretty good life. Until one night: when she has sex for the first time. Not only does she not like this guy,Tim, that much, but not long after their 'engagement', Angel gets a surprise she wasn't expecting. She finds out she is pregnant.
When she decided to get an abortion, Tim has to pay for it because Angel's parents don't know. So Tim gets the money from his dad, but his dad asks for a receipt from the abortion clinic. Angel has to...more
Alejandra
Angel, 17-year old girl has choices to make. Should i end get an abortion? Should I have it and put it up for adoption? Should I keep it? Should i go to Yale? At first when reading Angel's Choice I was surprised on how much I can relate Angel to some of the teenagers nowadays. Teenage pregnancy, young love, and the wrong decisions made my Angel affected the rest of her life. In one moment to another she had lost her virginity for a wild night that could've been prevented if she hadn't had any al...more
Katrina Burchett
Angel Hansen is in love with Danny Stanton, but he's dating Ricky D'Amico, so Angel leaves the end-of-summer blowout with Tim O'Mara, and one thing leads to another. Angel doesn't remember the act that left her with an unplanned pregnancy. And she didn't seem to be totally aware of the decision that followed, but then suddenly all was clear and she made a different decision; a deliberate choice instead of reacting to the words and actions of others. She made the choice she felt was right for her...more
Ingrid
This was a good book. A quick read, entertaining, easy to understand, and eye-opening. Sometimes I feel like the media glamorizes teen pregnancy, but I don't feel like this book does (which is a good thing). The last chapter was good, how it said Don't Try This At Home and it talked about how her life was going to be different with her baby around and how she might not be able to accomplish all her dreams because of the choice that she made.... but it's not like a sob story. She takes responsibi...more
Bri Hogue
Oct 29, 2007 Bri Hogue added it
Recommends it for: Girls who need to make the right choice
Angel had one bad night, She made a choice, not a right or bad one. Angel just wanted someone to tell her she's pretty she wanted what every girl wants. Girls who make the choice aren't automatticalty called "BAD" They made a choice it's their life not their moms,dads,brothers,it's You'res. Personaly I think Angel made an mature adult desion on keeping the baby. and this book shows you eveyrthing you need to know before you make the desion. Read before you do!
Yara
Nov 05, 2007 Yara rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Teen Girls
Angel Goes to a party, and has a really bad night. The guy that she likes leaves into the house with someone else. So angel starts to drink a lot and she starts to talk to this guy that she knows for a very long. But angel leaves with him and she has sex for the first time and she does not even remember anything about it. But things start to change and then she realizes that shes pregnent...What is she to do? Her life Changes for the better not the worse.
Say
this book is a good read...well written and with essence. issues of teen pregnancy and dealing with the ups and downs of being humiliated choosing to keep baby was discussed excellently in this book. this book is a must read for all teenagers out there dealing with the stress of having sex at an early age and the danger of having a baby and making the right choice during this early stage of life.
Emily Bailey
Teenage pregnancy... Still being a teenager myself, I'm not sure what I'd have done in Angel's place. I believe I'd do what she decides in the end but the whole thing would be a hard decision! I like Angel's character and I like the development of the different characters - she loses some friendships, gains others, etc. It's a good story and I liked it.
Elissa
Jul 09, 2008 Elissa rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: ya
Deals with teen pregnancy without getting into too much detail about the sex part (she has it, but it's a drunken haze) which I think makes it more appealing to use this book to show teens the consequences of having sex just once. I'm still not sure how much I enjoyed the "prince charming, it all works out in the end" side of it though.
Sarah Marie
Angel's Choice was a really good book. Angel ends up have a one night stand with a guy and ends up getting pregnant. I liked the writing and Angel was a likeable character. As a fan of shows like 16 and Pregnant and Teen Mom I decided to give Angel's Choice a try, and I was satisfied with the outcome and the book itself.
Sydney Robertson
Helps to open your eyes to the reality of what happens when a teenage in high school becomes pregnant. The pregnancy had brought out he best and the worst of those around her and the book is about her struggle to deal with these people coming in and going out of her life.
Kerith
Jul 26, 2011 Kerith rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: ya
Okay. Yet another pregnant teen YA novel. Not really much new here, but decently told. Worth a read, if you haven't read too many of this sort of thing already. Or just go see JUNO, but I prefer that movie over this simply because it portrays an adoption.
Paige Herda
I think the book was really good cause i would start reading it then i wouldn't want to stop reading it. and one of things i liked about this book was that I Angel had to take responsibility to keep her kid even though her mom wanted her to have an aborition.
Alexandra
this book was really good i read it like u year ago
and taylor still hasnt given me the book back lol
but its good and it is about a girl who has to choose what to do with the baby that she is pregnant with..i love it =]
Stephanie A.
Teen pregnancy stories are so much harder to enjoy when the girl is an moron about it. She got a 2200 on her SAT and applied to Yale, but I couldn't stop picturing her as a C student in non-advanced classes.
Estrella
This book is about a teenager who got pregnant and she makes a choice that she will never regret.
Corina
Apr 27, 2008 Corina rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Corina by: Summer Reading List
Shelves: young-adult
Typical Lifetime-afterschool-special teen pregnacy drama. Still enjoyable though. :)
Dominique
it was sad but very detailish.....i cried half way through the book
Ashley
good book!!!!
Bre
Bre added it
Aug 28, 2014
Yasmin Barker
Yasmin Barker marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Leah Halkett
Leah Halkett marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
  • Dancing Naked
  • Sara's Face
  • Out of This Place
  • Holding on to Zoe
  • My Life as a Rhombus
  • My Immortal
  • Nothing But Drama (Good Girlz, #1)
  • Sellout
  • Borrowed Light
  • Shrink To Fit
  • Beauty Queen
  • Deal With It (Indigo Summer #6)
  • Dark Song
  • Kiss Me Forever (Forever Vampires #1)
  • Touch of Darkness (Thrall #3)
  • Pushing Pause (Kenisha Lewis, #1)
  • Hooked
  • The Best and Hardest Thing
Lauren grew up in Monroe, CT, where her father owned a drugstore at which her mother was the pharmacist. She is a graduate of the University of Connecticut at Storrs, where she majored in psychology. She also has what she calls her “half-Masters” in English from Western Connecticut State University (five courses down, another five to go…someday!).

Throughout college, she worked semester breaks as a...more
More about Lauren Baratz-Logsted...
Crazy Beautiful The Twin's Daughter The Education of Bet The Thin Pink Line Annie's Adventures (Sisters Eight, #1)