Start by marking “First Steps Drawing in Pen & Ink” as Want to Read:
First Steps Drawing in Pen & Ink

First Steps Drawing in Pen & Ink

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Got a yearning to pick up a pen and see what you can do? Go for it! But don't sketch alone--let popular artist and teacher Claudia Nice be your guide. She'll make your first steps fun and successful!

In her trademark style--friendly and encouraging--Claudia will show you how to do a sketch of a subject that actually ends up looking like the subject. And she shares her secre
Published March 15th 1997 by North Light Books (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about First Steps Drawing in Pen & Ink, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Steps Drawing in Pen & Ink

Max
Jul 19, 2013 Max rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: art
The first book I got on how to draw with pen & ink. Unlike Rendering in Pen and Ink, this is a good book for beginners. Claudia Nice talks about drawing surfaces, types of inks as well as paints, and various kinds of pens. In contrast to the aforementioned book, this book emphasizes the technical pen more than the nib pen, though the techniques illustrated can be used with any type of ink pen.

The exercises in the book involving control, practice, and seven basic type of mark making are VERY
G.C. Neff
I learned a lot about drawing from this book. Although it's supposed to teach about pen and ink, I was able to get some great ideas from it for drawing with graphite pencils. Unfortunately for me, I'm not really good with ink. It seems that I need an eraser a lot more often than I care to admit.
F.P.
Very basic with quite a few easy drawings and exercises.
Lorraine
I got this book from the library last week and went through many of the lessons and learned quite a bit. Several drawings I completed looked like replicas of the ones in the book.
Mary
Wow. I must say, I love to draw with this. It has drawings that I try to imitate, and it has really made me a better artist.
Diana Hunter
Diana Hunter is currently reading it
Jul 28, 2015
Radina Petrova
Radina Petrova marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Penny
Penny added it
Jul 14, 2015
Serkan Sarı
Serkan Sarı marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Aya Youssef
Aya Youssef marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Jemica Dabney
Jemica Dabney marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Batatak
Batatak marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Paul Heaton
Paul Heaton marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Creating Textures in Pen & Ink with Watercolor How to Keep a Sketchbook Journal Painting with Watercolor, Pen & Ink Sketching Your Favorite Subjects in Pen & Ink Painting Weathered Buildings in Pen, Ink & Watercolor

“Now relax, think positively and begin --- the smile of success awaits you.” 6 likes