Start by marking “First Steps Drawing in Pen & Ink (First Step Series)” as Want to Read:
First Steps Drawing in Pen & Ink (First Step Series)

First Steps Drawing in Pen & Ink (First Step Series)

First Steps Drawing in Pen & Ink by Nice,Claudia. [1997] Paperback
Published March 15th 1997 by North Light Books (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about First Steps Drawing in Pen & Ink, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Steps Drawing in Pen & Ink

Vitta
Jul 22, 2016 Vitta rated it really liked it
Shelves: art
Книга подходит для тех, кто хочет освоить перо и тушь, но никак для новичков в рисовании вообще, т.к. больший упор делается на практическую работу, а не на теорию (построение, композиция упоминается вскользь). Зато после проработки всех рисунков собственной рукой можно с уверенностью сказать, что достиг определенных результатов.
Советую читать после ее же "Sketching Your Favorite Subjects in Pen & Ink". Здесь теория дана более широко.
Max
Jul 19, 2013 Max rated it it was amazing
Shelves: art
The first book I got on how to draw with pen & ink. Unlike Rendering in Pen and Ink, this is a good book for beginners. Claudia Nice talks about drawing surfaces, types of inks as well as paints, and various kinds of pens. In contrast to the aforementioned book, this book emphasizes the technical pen more than the nib pen, though the techniques illustrated can be used with any type of ink pen.

The exercises in the book involving control, practice, and seven basic type of mark making are VERY
Michal Huniewicz
Dec 11, 2015 Michal Huniewicz rated it really liked it
What's most useful about this book is information on how to draw various textures. On the other hand, it's nothing you would not find on YouTube, so I'm not entirely sure if it's worth paying for.

The other good thing is a recommendation to look into ink wash painting, which I just might do.
G.C. Neff
Jul 13, 2015 G.C. Neff rated it it was amazing
I learned a lot about drawing from this book. Although it's supposed to teach about pen and ink, I was able to get some great ideas from it for drawing with graphite pencils. Unfortunately for me, I'm not really good with ink. It seems that I need an eraser a lot more often than I care to admit.
Mary
Mar 26, 2011 Mary rated it really liked it
Wow. I must say, I love to draw with this. It has drawings that I try to imitate, and it has really made me a better artist.
Maryk Adams
Jul 17, 2016 Maryk Adams rated it it was amazing
I love this artist/author.I will try to get every book she has... I am so happy and impressed with her work.
F.P.
Nov 29, 2014 F.P. rated it really liked it
Shelves: art, nonfiction
Very basic with quite a few easy drawings and exercises.
Lorraine
Oct 28, 2013 Lorraine rated it really liked it
I got this book from the library last week and went through many of the lessons and learned quite a bit. Several drawings I completed looked like replicas of the ones in the book.
Das Rubàiyàt
Das Rubàiyàt rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2015
George Huba
George Huba rated it liked it
May 05, 2015
Kate
Kate rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2014
Brian Leong
Brian Leong rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2015
Carmen Isáis
Carmen Isáis rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2014
Martine Clarke
Martine Clarke rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2015
Patrick Horgan
Patrick Horgan rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2016
Lindsey Tebaldi
Lindsey Tebaldi rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2015
Genevieve Morgan
Genevieve Morgan rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2016
Micah
Micah rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2016
Martin Hollands
Martin Hollands rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Laurie S Sherman
Laurie S Sherman rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2015
Kevin Britton
Kevin Britton rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2014
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2015
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2015
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2017
Elizaveta Us
Elizaveta Us rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2013
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2012
Holly
Holly rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2013
Vaughn Klaassen
Vaughn Klaassen rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2015
Sue Fitzgerald
Sue Fitzgerald rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2014
Brennen Reece
Brennen Reece rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »

“Now relax, think positively and begin --- the smile of success awaits you.” 6 likes