Start by marking “Angel Of Ruin” as Want to Read:
Angel Of Ruin

Angel Of Ruin

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  165 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Sophie needs to pay the rent and a story on the occult would sell around Hallowe'en time. The Lodge of the Seven Stars is good for research but Sophie's a sceptic and doesn't believe in any of the rituals. Until she meets The Wanderer who has a story to tell her.
Published September 26th 2001 by Harper Collins

To ask other readers questions about Angel Of Ruin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angel Of Ruin

Sam
Without a doubt my favourite book to date. I couldn't put it down and the way I was so passionate about telling everybody about it, I started to wonder if maybe the wanderer had gotten to me too. I have been a fan of Kim Wilkins since I read the Infernal many years ago (which I loved also), but this book, I couldn't put down at all. And it haunted me for a long time after reading. This book goes between current time and previous happenings. And as always with Kims writing, she manages to make yo ...more
Kim Falconer
Kim Wilkins is a brilliant author and this book in particular touched my soul. Its moody and sensual and harsh and also vulnerable, as are the three young women who step into a world of angels and demons with the naivety of children. The story weaves around a contemporary journalist with not enough luck and a bit too much curiosity. As stories are told withing stories, the origins of one of the most famous poems ever written, John Milton's Paradise Lost, is re-visioned. What a fabulous book!

Kim
Cassandra Page
I read this a few years back and just rediscovered it on my shelf. I remember that I loved it, although I really want to re-read it so I can write a less vague review. ;)
Jill Smith
This is a dark tale skillfully woven by this master of Gothic Horror. It starts with a simple premise Sophie Black is a journalist looking for something to write about, on her return to London, to get in some quick cash. She is broke and needs to pay the rent, recently broke up with her boyfriend, and feeling fragile.

Sophie decides to write a piece on the Occult cults in London. She manages to get herself invited to a meeting with a group called the Lodge. Thoroughly skeptical, she partakes in
Amy Norris
I first picked up this book because I had recently read Frost Giants by Kim Wilkins and adored both the story and her writing. However my first thought was 'What a terrible cover!'. It looks seriously unprofessional and tacky. Normally I may have put it down without a further look (despite knowing not to judge a book by its cover I can't help but relate it to the quality of the publishing house/author and their work) but I knew Kim Wilkins was a great writer so I gave it a go.

I was not disappoin
Stephen Lord
A book I would like to be buried with. The perfect marriage of history and fantasy, and a shining example of its author's many talents.
Jill Smith
Jan 04, 2012 Jill Smith marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Title: Angel of Ruin (Fallen Angel)
Author: Kim Wilkins
Publisher: Harper Collins

This is a dark tale skillfully woven by this master of Gothic Horror. It starts with a simple premise Sophie Black is a journalist looking for something to write about on her return to London to get in some quick cash. She is broke and needs to pay the rent, recently broke up with her boyfriend, and feeling fragile.

Sarah Rodgers
An exciting and historical look at the wican way of life including curses that pass thorough the ages and haunt you from the past, present and future, It starts out quite slow however if you stick with it you will not be sorry. More that once I put this book down only to pick it up again wondering what I was missing. Similar to the Infernal it passes through the ages from generation to generation through a curse that only super naturals are really open to. Kind of spooky in an odd way but defini ...more
Janine Hayes
Amazing!!!
Brilliant, a must read.
I think it's one of her best books
I couldn't put it down.
Lynette Callaghan
Where does kim Wilkins get the ideas for her books excellent read I have shared with many
Michelle
I bought this book on a whim in an op-shop, and once I started reading it, couldn't put it down! I will certainly be looking for more books by this author.
ruthy
Kkchfkjhdsgjc,dsgzsdkuhf,Juarez,kudhffk,uhsdf,muggy,dad this book was wonderful! The ending was absolutely magnificent in every sense of the word, though it may have been a bit rushed.
I just absolutely adored how you couldn't tell whether lazodeus was good or bad up until the last second.
Loved it.
Natalie Renna
Could not put it down, one of my favourite Wilkins books to date
Bec
I loved this book.
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Gladys Garcia
Gladys Garcia marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Rebecca Kennedy
Rebecca Kennedy marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Anamaria021
Anamaria021 marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Diana.naeimi
Diana.naeimi marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Rachel
Rachel added it
Oct 29, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Kell Woods
Kell Woods marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
  • Cassandra (Delphic Women, #2)
  • The Business of Death (Death Works Trilogy, #1-3)
  • Sacrifice (The Tate Chronicles, #0.5)
  • The Blood Countess (Pandora English, #1)
  • Darkness on the Edge of Town
  • Sharp Shooter (Tara Sharp, #1)
  • Burning Lies
  • Beneath the Darkening Sky
  • Blood
  • The Family Law
  • The Children
  • Isla's Inheritance (Isla's Inheritance, #1)
  • The Cartographer
  • Remember Me (Collective, #2)
  • Frantic (Detective Ella Marconi #1)
  • The Amber Amulet
  • Foxmask (The Light Isles, #2)
  • The Last Stormdancer (The Lotus War, #0.6)
Giants of the Frost The Autumn Castle The Veil of Gold Resurrectionists Unclaimed Heart