Start by marking “Let's Go: Europe 2007” as Want to Read:
Let's Go: Europe 2007

Let's Go: Europe 2007

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  154 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Packed with travel information, including listings, deals, and insider tips:

CANDID LISTINGS of hundreds of places to eat, sleep, drink, and feel like a local
RELIABLE MAPS to help you get around cities, towns, and the countryside
― Tips on how to SAVE EUROS without missing out on the full European experience
― A wealth of study and work OPPORTUNITIES within each European
Published November 28th 2006 by Let's Go Publications (first published February 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Let's Go, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let's Go

Jen
Living in the UK, I didn't use this book as much as its Britain/Ireland version, but it was of much use when it was needed. The recommendations of things to do in Paris were excellent, and it taught me how to get around Amsterdam. This book is great for showing you unseen sides of famous cities. Who knew that Amsterdam had a houseboat museum, or that Paris had catacombs? It also gives excellent recommendations about places to eat, places to sleep, how to get around, and surprisingly, a lot of in ...more
Ashley Lauren
This book is a MUST for anyone who is planning on travelling through Europe for an extended period of time. This was my only resource for when I studied abroad and it was truly all that I needed. It's a mighty book, that is for sure, but well worth its weight as it gives you crutial tips about EVERY European country - transportation info, where to stay, restaurants, sights, dayptrips - and more. This book is great to use when you are travelling in a fly by the seat of your pants style because it ...more
Ashley
This was a very helpful book, it makes you aware of all the hostels and places to eat and places to go in almost every tourist destination in Europe. There are many different versions you can read as well, from different years and different parts of Europe, and they also write about other places to travel as well. The tone of the book was a bit of unfunny humor which I never enjoy, I suppose it can be more entertaining than just reading facts out of a large book such as this but "bitch slap rona ...more
Karli
This guide provides tons of helpful information for traveling Europe, especially on a budget. Hostel guides were at times useful, but I mostly had better luck using hostel world and hotels.com. Also, fairly comprehensive restaurant guide, making note of vegan/veg options, but as a vegan, I found happycow.net more useful. This guide is good for sights to see, ways to travel smart, transportation, monetary exchange, basic language phrases, and decent maps of select cities. One other downside: it's ...more
Katie
Jul 18, 2007 Katie rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people traveling to a bunch of different countries in Europe in a relatively short time
I had previously used the individual country guides for Greece and Germany and liked them better. This guide is good about guiding you to the best hostels and places to eat, but falls short when it comes to giving historical and cultural background about the places you visit. If you're planning to stay longer in any one place, it's probably better to invest in something more specific.
D
Sep 26, 2007 D rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: student travelers
Back when I was budget-traveling my way across Europe, Let's Go was the definitive series among my student peers. We'd often rip out sections by country, tape them together, and stuff them in our well-worn backpacks, annotate our dog-eared copies, and compare notes post-travel. I can't imagine budget travel without Let's Go by my side.
Dennis
I ended up bringing this with me to Europe. It worked out pretty good considering that limited time I had at each city we traveled to. I know this was a fairly generic introduction to cities/countries in Europe, but it did an excellent job highlighting major attractions and other ones that you would not think of seeing.
Jeannette
Ok so I didn't read the entire book but it's more like a guide for when you are traveling. And let me tell you that it was a lifesaver when I was broke, alone, and crying in phonebooth in Paris. Also, very helpful when trying to find hostels, hotels, sights, excursions, yadda yadda yadda
Elizabeth
Another great student guidebook. While traveling across Europe, I used this book for all my recommendations on dining, shopping, nightlife, sightseeing, etc. I also picked most of my accommodations from here (from hostels to hotels), and I was never disappointed.
Nora
Used this guide for my summer trip through Europe the summer of 2001. My only regret is that after schlepping this large volume around for two months, I shelved it at the last hostel. I wish I had those notes in the margins to look back at now. :)
Dioscita
I could not have survived my European Extravaganza without this book ... in fact, I'd probably still be wandering, lost, muttering to myself someplace outside Munich ...
Ryan
Currently using this guide to find my way around Europe. It's got great information for backpacking and travelers on a budget - regardless of how poorly I budget!
c.c.
still have my torn copy with pages of memories; backpacking, hostels, trains, planes, taxis, food, history, art, coins, architecture, accents, friends.
Daniela
not nearly enough info. for the price, far too big of a book to travel with you. flip through it at your local borders
Tamara
Good for a general understanding of the "rules" of Europe, including currency, travel between countries, etc.
An important updated version of the latest Lets go to Europe from 1990.
Mickey
Got my brothers and I through Europe in one piece. (travel)
Steven
A must read if traveling to the EU.
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Julia
Julia added it
Nov 27, 2014
Nancy
Nancy added it
Nov 13, 2014
Oscar
Oscar marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
  • Washington, D.C.
  • Israel's Secret Wars: A History of Israel's Intelligence Services
  • Marketing Research: An Applied Approach
  • Women in the Material World
  • Waiting for Your Cat to Bark?: Persuading Customers When They Ignore Marketing
  • Justice at Nuremberg
  • Twenty Ads That Shook the World: The Century's Most Groundbreaking Advertising and How It Changed Us All
  • Bollocks to Alton Towers: Uncommonly British Days Out
  • Pieternella van die Kaap
  • Visual and Statistical Thinking: Displays of Evidence for Making Decisions
  • Europe on a Shoestring
Let's Go: Ireland on a Budget Let's Go Western Europe 2007 Let's Go Roadtripping USA Let's Go New Zealand on a Budget Let's Go Italy 2008