Start by marking “God in the Alley: Being and Seeing Jesus in a Broken World” as Want to Read:
God in the Alley: Being and Seeing Jesus in a Broken World

God in the Alley: Being and Seeing Jesus in a Broken World

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  138 ratings  ·  16 reviews
“Greg Paul tells of whores and crazies, misfits and rejects that sound as if they stepped out from the pages of the Bible.” –Eugene Peterson

Sam has survived physical, sexual, and substance abuse, terrible violence, and life on the streets. Wendy lives for the next high on crack, oblivious to her boyfriend’s love. Neil is dying of AIDS.

These are the people of inner-city To
Published December 7th 2004 by Shaw Books

To ask other readers questions about God in the Alley, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about God in the Alley

Becky
this book opened my eyes to a world that isn't black and white and the struggle with life choices and where they can lead
Christine
I've been struck in the heart by this collection of stories. To have him open his heart and hands to those many of us don't even acknowledge with our eyes is wonderful. Hopefully for others, as I know it has for me, this book gives conviction to your life, walking with Jesus and God's children. He lives in us.
Adam
Great look into seeing Jesus in inner city ministry. As potent and humble as Nouwen. It's a quiet little book that gives me hope. Greg writes with honesty and vulnerability declaring his own brokenness through stories of broken people. While I was reading this in a park today a woman (who I judged to be a "trailer park" type) came up to me and offered some food, three packs of pretzels and cheese and a lemonade Capri Sun. I am sporting a rather "homeless" beard, but Jesus couldn't have picked so ...more
Clara Dearmore Strom
I picked up this little book the other day. I am so glad I did. It is about being Jesus and love to the world, but also seeing Jesus in the broken. This one is a keeper.
Author does a great job of bringing the reader right onto the street and the raw needs there through beautiful heart-wrenching stories of real people.
Karen
If you want to get a deeper understanding of society's neglected, and God's grace, you won't find a better book. I was truly moved.
Joan Parker
Explores the reality of living out Jesus and touching lives of the most desperate of people with His love.
Hannah Foulger
A stunning look at homelessness and brokenness. Jesus meets us in our brokenness. Beautiful.
Debs
Oct 26, 2011 Debs rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Debs by: Errol & Keren
I read this really quickly and want to do a slower read before I comment.
Jamin Melanson
An excellent reminder of who Jesus came to redeem.
Dan
great book. great stories of life change.
Bitterlysweete
learning to love all of God's people.
Haisley
Sep 11, 2008 Haisley rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Jana
AMAZING!!!

i read it in a day
Linda
This is a very thought provoking book.
Grace
interesting book
Nadene
it was good
Erin-grace Hodge
Erin-grace Hodge marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Benjamin Visser
Benjamin Visser marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Amy Sjoquist
Amy Sjoquist marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Grace
Grace marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Marina
Marina marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Patrick
Patrick marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Michael Bryant
Michael Bryant is currently reading it
Mar 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The New Friars: The Emerging Movement Serving the World's Poor
  • Prayer and the Art of Volkswagen Maintenance: Finding God on the Open Road
  • Wide Awake
  • Big Fat Lies Women Tell Themselves: Ditch Your Inner Critic and Wake Up Your Inner Superstar
  • Churched: One Kid's Journey Toward God Despite a Holy Mess
  • Forgive for Good: A Proven Prescription for Health and Happiness
  • Red Moon Rising: How 24-7 Prayer Is Awakening a Generation
  • What Every Man Wishes His Father Had Told Him
  • Forgotten Girls: Stories of Hope and Courage
  • Genesis for Normal People: A Guide to the Most Controversial, Misunderstood, and Abused Book of the Bible
  • I Once Was Lost: What Postmodern Skeptics Taught Us about Their Path to Jesus
  • 21 Ways to Finding Peace and Happiness: Overcoming Anxiety, Fear, and Discontentment Every Day
  • Everyday Apocalypse: The Sacred Revealed in Radiohead, The Simpsons, and Other Pop Culture Icons
More about Greg Paul...
Close Enough to Hear God Breathe: The Great Story of Divine Intimacy The Twenty-Piece Shuffle: Why the Poor and Rich Need Each Other Simply Open: A Guide to Experiencing God in the Everyday Naby Genoeg Om God Se Hartklop Te Hoor: Ervaar Die Krag Van Goddelike Intimiteit Naby Genoeg Om God Se Hartklop Te Hoor: Ervaar Die Krag Van Goddelike Intimiteit