Start by marking “An Intimate Ghost (Jane Lawless, #12)” as Want to Read:
An Intimate Ghost (Jane Lawless, #12)

An Intimate Ghost (Jane Lawless #12)

Restaurateur Jane Lawless is thrilled to be catering the wedding of some family friends, Nick and Lauren Clifford, but when Jane arrives at the reception, she's in for a shock of a lifetime-and one that could jeopardize her career. The food has been spiked with hallucinogenic mushrooms and the drug-hazed guests are engaged in dangerously reckless behavior.
When the groom t
Published March 1st 2005 by Griffin (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about An Intimate Ghost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Intimate Ghost

Carol Stanley-Snow
May 23, 2016 Carol Stanley-Snow rated it it was amazing
Ms. Hart weaves a mystery like no other. Her Jane Lawless mysteries are superb! Cordelia Thorn is such a hoot!!!

Mystery readers, grab any of the Jane Lawless series and be prepared for a ride!!!
Kathleen Hagen
An Intimate Ghost, by Ellen Hart, b-plus, Narrated by Aimee Jolson, Produced by Audible Inc., downloaded from audible.com.

In this book Jane’s catering company lands the wedding of the son of good friends of hers. But she is called to the restaurant in an emergency when her catering manager alerts her that something weird is going on. It appears that someone put halucenogenic drugs into the food. The guests are acting weirdly, several have to be taken to the hospital. The groom, thinking he’s div
Jan
Nov 11, 2015 Jan rated it really liked it
I really like this series, & somehow missed this early installment. Good plot lines & a bang up finish kept me engaged to the end!
Freyja Vanadis
Mar 17, 2012 Freyja Vanadis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read any of Ms. Hart's books for quite a few years, so it felt great to get back into her world again. I love her style of writing, and she always leaves just enough suspense to keep me guessing. For instance, I knew Kenzie wasn't what she appeared to be - Ms. Hart wrote her as a suspicious character - and I was skeptical of Jane getting romantically involved with her, but I had no idea of the twist that would actually happen with her and Lauren.
Overall, another great addition to the J
Erika Nerdypants
Ellen Hart's mysteries are a pleasure to read. They have great characters, a cozy setting, and wonderful descriptions of food! This book does not disappoint on any of the above. Despite being able to see the ending coming, I would still reccommend this a a good mystery. And it's nice to know that Jane has finally found a new love interest - as a lesbian I just wish that Ellen Hart would develop that aspect of Jane's character a little more. At times Jane just seems a little too assimilated.
Nikki
A lot going on in this story! I must confess I don't remember it too well. This may be why I don't think I've kept up with Jane Lawless since this January 2006 marathon of 4 books in a month. Maybe I should see what she's been up to.
Kathryn Bundy
Mar 18, 2013 Kathryn Bundy rated it liked it
It's a good beach read. It moves along and I was surprised by "whodunit". I felt like there were way too many threads going all at once ---- hard to keep track of who was who and what was what.
Judith Guyot
Nov 06, 2011 Judith Guyot rated it it was amazing
I had a feeling that I had read this book before but really think it has a plot similar to another. In any event, I liked. it.
Katie
Sep 04, 2010 Katie rated it liked it
Great writing style . A few flaws in the story made it hard to truly be believable.
Leigh
Jan 17, 2010 Leigh added it
Shelves: mystery
An Intimate Ghost (Jane Lawless Mysteries) by Ellen Hart (2004)
Mary Vermillion
Jane Lawless
Lila
Sep 10, 2011 Lila marked it as to-read
Ruth Lathlean
Ruth Lathlean rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2016
Cathy
Cathy marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
Chloe
Chloe marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Kate Farrell
Kate Farrell rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2016
Tammy Goldthorpe
Tammy Goldthorpe marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2016
Ann
Ann rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2016
Ella
Ella marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2016
Laureen Andrews
Laureen Andrews marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2016
Robinq
Robinq added it
Jun 25, 2016
Ellen
Ellen rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2016
Brenda Faucon
Brenda Faucon rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2016
Sharon Huether
Sharon Huether marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Krista
Krista rated it it was ok
May 14, 2016
Liz
Liz added it
Sep 08, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Ill Will (Micky Knight, #7)
  • It Should Be a Crime
  • The Beverly Malibu (Kate Delafield, #3)
  • Calendar Girl
  • Gun Shy (Gun, #1)
  • Shell Game
  • Fragmentary Blue (Alex & CJ, #1)
  • The Corporal Works of Murder (Sister Mary Helen, #10)
  • Stoner McTavish (Stoner McTavish Mysteries, #1)
  • The Carbon Murder (Periodic Table, #6)
  • The Campaign
  • Beyond Instinct (Mission: Classified, #1)
  • Report For Murder (Lindsay Gordon, #1)
  • The Rainey Season (Rainey Bell, #3)
  • Car Pool
  • Like Jazz
Ellen Hart is the author of twenty-eight crime novels in two different series. She is a five-time winner of the Lambda Literary Award for Best Lesbian Mystery, a three-time winner of the Minnesota Book Award for Best Popular Fiction, a three-time winner of the Golden Crown Literary Award in several categories, a recipient of the Alice B Medal, and was made an official GLBT Literary Saint at the Sa ...more
More about Ellen Hart...

Jane Lawless (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Hallowed Murder (Jane Lawless, #1)
  • Vital Lies (Jane Lawless, #2)
  • Stage Fright (Jane Lawless, #3)
  • A Killing Cure (Jane Lawless, #4)
  • A Small Sacrifice (Jane Lawless, #5)
  • Faint Praise (Jane Lawless, #6)
  • Robber's Wine (Jane Lawless, #7)
  • Wicked Games (Jane Lawless, #8)
  • Hunting the Witch (Jane Lawless, #9)
  • The Merchant of Venus (Jane Lawless, #10)