To Do Doing Done: A Creative Approach to Managing Projects and Effectively Finishing What Matters Most

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  9 reviews
To Do...Doing...Done!: A Creative Approach to Managing Projects and Effectively Finishing What Matters Most focuses on the skills required to manage any project without getting bogged down in conflicts or sidetracked by unexpected changes or developments.
In this book are proven techniques for bringing any project to a successful and satisfying conclusion. The techniques...more
Published February 18th 1997 by Touchstone

Scott Hayden
5 Stars because I know for sure I'll be referencing it repeatedly. I love the values-based approach. Many useful tools also provided.
Some of it's references to software are outdated, but the bulk of the book is about how to manage yourself, not software. Software is no substitute for knowing your own values and discerning the alignment of your values to potential projects.
Alexandra
Interesting book with lots of good ideas about organization and project management. However, the reason I am giving this only three stars is that I think it would be a better book if taken along with a class. Lots of hands on examples and activities, which are great, but the message would have been hammered home better if used alongside a class or workshop.
Joyce
Apr 03, 2009 Joyce rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: non-fiction
Lynne Snead is the person who started Franklin/Covey's project management program and this book represents the simple, effective system she developed to help anyone become more effective at what really matters. I was delighted to get the opportunity to co-author this book with Lynne. We hope you enjoy it.
Juanita Ray
Read it more than once. That simply tells you everything. At the time I was too busy to read or get organized. I was an Industrial and Commercial (ICI) Realtor in Canada and received a tree a day in my inbox and two more digitally.
If you find yourself responding to chaos, this book will teach you how to control it. This book focuses on the skills required to bring your sidetracked focus to a skidding stop.
Asungushe B.

The book was collecting dust until I plucked the courage to read it. I am glad I did. Usually management books bore you and makes you feel incompetent. Enter "To do doing done". This book exceeded my expectations. It is warm and friendly, very practical to disorganized folks...... Full of anecdotes, examples, charts, flows that do not bog you down but help you assimilate the discussed topics. Exit "Disorganized me".
Terry
This is my favorite book for small scale project management. By that I mean the sorts of projects an individual might take on ... schoolwork, multi-day projects at work, and so forth. This is NOT the book for large scale team project management.
Cortney
I never actually finished reading this whole book, but it has a lot of good ideas and I've used several in my daily planning now for years. It's kind of a Franklin Covey promo.
Simon
Nov 09, 2008 Simon rated it 1 of 5 stars Recommends it for: No
I think that there are better project management books out there. I think this will be my last Franklin Covey book for awhile.
Dianne Oliver
good review for me, some good filing ideas for my planner.
Mark Engelen
Mark Engelen marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Keith
Keith added it
Apr 12, 2014
Saul
Saul marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Ethan Dunham
Ethan Dunham marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Alan Sauter
Alan Sauter marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Joyce
Joyce added it
Feb 03, 2014
Gina Long
Gina Long marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Karen
Karen added it
Jan 24, 2014
Kyle
Kyle marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
Jason Ball
Jason Ball marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
Cindy
Cindy added it
Jan 02, 2014
Jamie Balesteri
Jamie Balesteri marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2013
Elizabeth Hughes
Elizabeth Hughes marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2013
Connie Bourgeois
Connie Bourgeois marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2013
Solomon
Solomon marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Project Management Scorecard: Measuring The Success Of Project Management Solutions The Project Management Scorecard (Improving Human Performance) The Project Management Scorecard: Measuring the Success of Project Management Solutions (Improving Human Performance)