Start by marking “Love and Rockets, Vol. 6: Duck Feet” as Want to Read:
Love and Rockets, Vol. 6: Duck Feet

Love and Rockets, Vol. 6: Duck Feet (Love and Rockets #6)

Fifty issues--collected into 15 volumes that total 2,000 pages--the Hernandez brothers' Love and Rockets is an enormous achievement that helped to create a new audience for comics. Notable for their strong female characters and their focus on relationships, rather than on traditional comic-book 'action', the stories collected in this volume, and the rest of the series, sho ...more
Published March 1st 1990 by Fantagraphics Books (first published May 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Love and Rockets, Vol. 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love and Rockets, Vol. 6

Anna
May 13, 2010 Anna rated it it was amazing
This, then, was my introduction to the idiosyncratic and fantastically imagined worlds of Jaime and Gilbert Hernandez. A landmark series from the alternative comics world of the 1980s, "Love and Rockets" followed the black-and-white serial narratives of indelible characters for 15 years, explicitly influenced by the renaissance of punk rock in the late 1970s; after a hiatus, it reappeared in 2001. The brothers don't collaborate on the same comics; rather, Gilbert created the "Heartbreak Soup" ep ...more
D.M.
May 09, 2012 D.M. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Something I've neglected to point out in my previous reviews of this series is how much I love to see Maggie blowing up! Not that I'm happy for her character or anything for putting on weight, but the way Jaime accomplishes it subtly and effectively is notable.
This volume's strongest efforts, though, are once again from Gilbert. The eponymous story of a bruja who comes to town and her effects on Palomar is a nicely self-contained example of how striking a storyteller he is (and possibly of his i
M.P. Johnson
Nov 03, 2014 M.P. Johnson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love And Rockets And Witches

I feel sorry for people who haven't read Love and Rockets. It's some of the best comic book storytelling of all time. I personally like it when it gets a bit on the weird side. The two-part title tale in this volume is one of my favorite Gilbert Hernandez stories. Weird witch. Baby skulls. Luba trapped in a well. Mysterious disease. That story itself could have been stretched out to fill a whole volume.
Sarospice
Jan 21, 2017 Sarospice rated it really liked it
I ordered a bunch of Love and Rockets trades to remind myself why I love comics. This is one of the series that made me a believer. This was the first to arrive... Still a bit wordy, but the brothers were beginning to trust their art to tell the story. The ability of both artists to swing time and place on their characters and never lose the reader is a gift. Viva Los Bros Hernandez!
Ian
Jul 08, 2012 Ian rated it really liked it
More classic Gilbert Hernandez action, together with some inconsequential Maggie-Hopey stuff from Jaime. I do like the short Rocket Rhodes pieces by Jaime (about a girl and her robot who start travelling through dimensional holes to other planets. I wish Jaime had written more stuff like this.
The Sheila
Aug 23, 2007 The Sheila rated it liked it
Not my favorite Love and Rockets collection. Still awesome, though.
Steven
Nov 30, 2012 Steven rated it liked it
Duck Feet showcases Gilbert's Palomar in the title story, in which a spooky witch passes through town and leaves a load of trouble and weirdness in her raggedy wake.
Jun 11, 2015 Jennifer rated it did not like it
I couldn't get into it.
Neven
Sep 15, 2010 Neven rated it it was amazing
On re-reading it fifteen years later, Love & Rockets is even better than I remember it.
Tristy
Jun 13, 2012 Tristy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comix
No one can compare to Los Bros Hernandez!
mika
Mar 27, 2008 mika rated it it was amazing
Recommended to mika by: giselle
Shelves: graphicnovels
i heart los bro.s hernandez.
Alex
Alex rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2011
Peter Panic
Peter Panic rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2007
Mer
Mer rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2007
Sabrina
Sabrina rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2012
Haley
Haley rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2008
Erin
Erin rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2012
Alex
Alex rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2014
Seana
Seana rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2016
Lane
Lane rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2013
Karin Feeney-Cass
Karin Feeney-Cass rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2010
Karen B
Karen B rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2014
S.J.
S.J. rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2012
Just Me
Just Me rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2013
Steven Svymbersky
Steven Svymbersky rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2015
Claudia
Claudia rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2007
Upekha
Upekha rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2010
Matthew B. Howes
Matthew B. Howes rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2013
Phil
Phil rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2016
Hans
Hans rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Love and Rockets, Vol. 7: The Death of Speedy
  • The Art of Jaime Hernandez: The Secrets of Life and Death
  • Down the Street
  • High Society (Cerebus, #2)
  • Nancy is Happy: Complete Dailies, 1943-1945
  • Complete Concrete
  • A Child's Life: Other Stories
  • Need More Love
  • Pussey!
  • An Anthology of Graphic Fiction, Cartoons, and True Stories
  • Cages
Gilbert and his brother Jaime Hernández often write together under the name "Los Bros Hernandez".

Gilbert Hernandez, born in 1957, enjoyed a pleasant childhood in Oxnard, California, with four brothers and one sister. In Gilbert’s words, they were “born into a world with comic books in the house.” His childhood enthusiasm for the medium was equaled only by his appetite for punk rock.

Initiated by ol
More about Gilbert Hernández...

Love and Rockets (1 - 10 of 57 books)
  • Love and Rockets, Vol. 1: Music for Mechanics