Start by marking “Watchmen: Portraits” as Want to Read:
Watchmen: Portraits

Watchmen: Portraits

4.06  ·  Rating Details  ·  85 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
As the official photographer on the set of Watchmen, Clay Enos was there at every stage of production as director Zack Snyder filmed the adaptation of the legendary graphic novel.

As well as his day-to-day duties making sure there was a visual record of the production, Enos also made time to work on a very special project: a collection of black-and-white portraits photogra
Published February 10th 2009 by Titan Books (first published January 20th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Watchmen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Watchmen

Grey Liliy
May 10, 2011 Grey Liliy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved, art
I love this book. It's nothing page after page of full-sized images in black & white. But best of all, it's fair coverage of the cast and crew. The main stars (the Watchmen) only have about two pages each, while the rest is full of unique faces and costumes of the background characters and selected members of the crew. It's full of character and gorgeous portraits that I love to browse again and again.

The ultimate coffee table art book.
Hannah
This is an excellent book for fans of the movie and the graphic novel! This book is basically just black and white photographs of the cast, and this book isn't sabotaged with main character photos either. I really enjoyed flipping through the pages, the photography is just amazing!
Jen
Some lovely portraits of the many colourful major and minor characters from the Watchmen film. However, they don't really leave that deep an impact on me (the large format and amazing clarity of the prints are impressive, got to admit that), although I do desperately want the type of camera Enos uses!
Kirsten
Apr 02, 2009 Kirsten rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
No words. This book focuses on the various characters (large and small) of the Watchmen world, capturing their images and presented in one truly artistic book. I checked this out a few weeks ago and am having issues with returning it. Maybe I'll end up caving and buying it.
Ritinha
Jan 01, 2014 Ritinha rated it liked it
Lá pelo meio, todo um magno lote de bons fatos para bailes de máscaras.
Elad Shiloni
Oct 27, 2012 Elad Shiloni rated it really liked it
Just a really wonderful concept for a picture book, I found it completely by accident but I'm very glad to have gotten a glimpse through the wonderful, camera lens and perspective of the amazing Clay Enos!!
Stevoc1
Mar 16, 2009 Stevoc1 rated it it was amazing
Even if you are not a Watchmen fan this book is great. It feels like a "Best of" Rolling Stone coffee table book. Clay Enos has a great eye.
Sad Face
Nov 30, 2009 Sad Face rated it it was amazing
Just an awesome collection of photos. I bought it to put some on my wall, but it was too beautiful to cut up.
Lord Kai
Mar 05, 2010 Lord Kai rated it it was amazing
I REALLY LIKE THIS BOOK ON CRIME FIGHTING AND HEROES WITH THE WATCHMEN.
Tyler Villhauer
Tyler Villhauer marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Elly Bill
Elly Bill rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2016
Mikebo
Mikebo added it
Feb 17, 2016
Tony DeSimone
Tony DeSimone rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2016
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
J. Mundell
J. Mundell marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2015
Caitlin
Caitlin rated it liked it
May 25, 2016
Amae
Amae added it
Oct 09, 2015
Kalih Rae
Kalih Rae marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2015
Ken Voorhees
Ken Voorhees marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2015
michael myers
michael myers marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
Damian Jarvis
Damian Jarvis rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2015
Meagan
Meagan rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2015
Richard Carrasco
Richard Carrasco rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2015
Sabrina
Sabrina marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015