Start by marking “Lost in the Snow” as Want to Read:
Lost in the Snow

Lost in the Snow (Animal Stories #1)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  255 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Fluff is the smallest and weakest of the farm kittens, but she surprises everyone with her strength and spirit, and soon she and her brothers and sisters are ready for new homes. But nobody seems to want Fluff, and after a heartbreaking encounter with a little girl called Ella, she gives up on her dream of a loving home and flees the farm out into the big scary world. Fluf ...more
Published November 2008 by Good Books (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Lost in the Snow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost in the Snow

Murder Strikes a Pose by Tracy WeberRatha's Creature by Clare BellStarfire by Jennifer Lynn AlvarezJulie of the Wolves by Jean Craighead GeorgeThe Black Stallion by Walter Farley
Animal Book Series
29th out of 162 books — 11 voters
Varjak Paw by S.F. SaidThe Case of Jack the Nipper by H.L.  StephensFire and Ice by Erin HunterThe Sun Trail by Erin HunterThe Case of the Wayward Fae ~ A Chronicle of Mister Marmee by H.L.  Stephens
Cat Fiction & Fantasy (And ONLY Cats)
83rd out of 85 books — 19 voters

More lists with this book...

Clare O'Beara
This is a nice tale for pre-teens, probably four to eight years could read it.
A farm cat has five kittens and the smallest is a fluffy tabby girl. The others go to good homes but when a girl caled Ella would like Fluff, her parents don't want that. Then a boy comes to see the kitten but he really wants a snake or spider, so he tells Fluff that the big dog next door will eat her.

Poor Fluff runs away and the farm family cannot find her. She is lost and scared and has no food, and snow starts falli
I loved this book as a kid. I would read it over and over.
Hailey Pudan
I read this book to my daughter as a bed time story. (The entire thing)

It was full of inner thoughts, reality, love and triumph. It shows especially how one can be picked on; or in big people terms become marginalized based off of physical appearances, family ties, and the injustice which society can support. It also touches the issue of homelessness, stereotyping and the idea of perseverance.

As a Community Development & Outreach Worker, a mother and an active advocate and activist; this boo
amelia cavendish
I listened to the audiobook version of this book, and it was a good book for children, but it wasn't for me.

Most of the book is about the kitten, Fluff, suffering while looking for the little girl, Ella, that she had fallen in love with. I can't cope with animals being hurt or in pain, neglected or tortured, even fictionally, and the happy reunion at the end was not enough to make me feel better about everything that had happened.

The above is just my opinion and I do think it is a good book for
I loved this book it was sad at time but happy in the end . I think this is a great book to read in winter as it is snow themed
Lili Martin
This book was so sad and happy. It's sort of like a mystery on what that brave but small cat named Fluff is going to do. There's also this girl named Ella who wants Fluff. the only time someone (Ella) wants her the persons parents wouldn't let her. Then finaly when her parents let her Fluff runs away because this boy named nathen treats Fluff like a pest. He would poke her make mean faces at her and he said that his neighbors german sheperd was going to have Fluff for breakfast. That just breaks ...more
Kristin Palumbo
In Lost in the Snow, the main character Fluff is the smallest and weakest of the liter of kittens at the farm. She surprises everyone with her energetic spirit. When it comes time for all the kittens to find a new home, nobody seems to want to take Fluff to their home. Something very sad happens with the encounter of Fluff and a little girl Ella. Fluff gives up on finding a home and leaves the farm into the world and becomes scared, lost and alone.
2,5 *
Nem hagyhattam ezt az aranyos könyvet a könyvtárban! Ez a szomorú, esetlen kiscica a borítón azt mondta, hogy muszáj hazavinnem és elolvasnom. Sajnos nem tudok elleálni a cicáknak. Nem is számítottam nagy történetre, de azért Pamacs aranyosnak bizonyult! Ilyenkor még jobban akarok egy cicát én is, ahogy Ella is tette ezt a történetben! :)
this was a small, cute book, about a kitten who was never bought in the market because of his tiny-ness... when he loses all faith, a nice girl comes by who really wants him, mom says no, a mean boy comes next, DOES NOT WANT HIM, but to teach him responsibility his mom's making him, when his mom and the owner go talk about payment, he hurts the kitten and she runs off.... now she is lost... and when the nice girl comes back because her parents decide, she wants him, so why not... they are too la ...more
Laura Taylor
A nice book with a sweet ending. It's about a kitten getting herself lost and, a girl called, Ella's bid to find her. Good for kids.
I loved this when I was little ;D
Melissa Sommer
This story is about Fluff who is desperate to find a home of her own. Then Ella finds Fluff and begs her mom to keep her, but her mother is not so sure. I liked this book because the author did a good job expressing many different emotions in the text. I think young girls or any animal lover will enjoy reading this book.
I adore this book because I had a faverout page
It was a very good book

Holly Webb is one of my favourite authors and I read all her books over and over again

I have got a lot of her books.
Mar 18, 2013 Twyla added it
Soooo cute. Love the way the story flows and all the action that happens to the little kitten. Good job holly web!
this book was really good but sad. I was about 6 when I read it. B-)
Jan 30, 2009 Shauna added it
a cat is was lost in the snow and
The cat was very cute. -KJ-
I really love this story
This was an okay book, but an excellent book to read to kids! I was amazed how much the three boys I read it to got really excited in certain parts! I hope this gives them an even more of a joy for reading!
It was a nice book.
I love this book
Great book
Muhammad marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2015
  • Callie (Kitty Corner, #1)
  • Classroom Chaos (Magic Kitten, #2)
  • Too Many Ponies (Pony Pals, #6)
  • Bella's Gift
  • The Flying Flea, Callie and Me
  • Mud-Puddle Poodle (Pet Trouble, #3)
  • Judy Moody and the Bad Luck Charm (Judy Moody, #11)
  • Kittens in the Kitchen (Animal Ark, #1)
  • Cat And The Stinkwater War
  • Good Grief...Third Grade
  • The Prince and the Pooch
  • Dog Den Mystery (Jack Russell Dog Detective, #1)
  • The Terrible Tudors and The Slimy Stuarts
  • Dogerella
  • Dolphin Tale: The Junior Novel
Holly Webb is the author of Dog Magic, Cat Magic, and Lost in the Snow. She has always loved animals and owns two very spoiled cats. They haven't said a word to her yet, but she's always listening, just in case! She lives in England.
More about Holly Webb...

Animal Stories (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • Alfie All Alone