Start by marking “Liberated Through Submission” as Want to Read:
Liberated Through Submission

Liberated Through Submission

4.04  ·  Rating Details  ·  94 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
A strong woman married to a strong man, Bunny struggled to understand biblical submission. As she studied God's Word the truth liberated her: Submission doesn't tear down relationships, it builds them by destroying anger and rebellion while getting people free to love and give.
Published October 1st 1997 by Harvest House Publishers (first published September 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Liberated Through Submission, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Liberated Through Submission

Brenda
Apr 24, 2010 Brenda rated it really liked it
This is a great read PRIOR to marriage.
Latonya
Jan 22, 2009 Latonya rated it it was amazing
This book isn't for the weak at heart woman who wants to be liberated by the world's standard and compete with men. This book is for the woman who wants to know that through the challenge of submission, there is a beauty about submission that brings out the grace and femininity that God put in women. That place of submission is at God's feet. It's not a place of degradation, but a place of elevation.
Danielle
Jun 06, 2008 Danielle rated it liked it
Shelves: impactful
Can you believe I read this book?! I did. I found it to be very enlightening. I'm very stubborn and independent; thus, reading a book on this topic meant swallowing my pride. However, I am glad I read it and that I was able to discover all of the positive impacts submission truly brings.
Craig
Mar 23, 2012 Craig rated it really liked it
Very helpful and challenging!
Baumpi
Apr 26, 2016 Baumpi rated it did not like it
Shelves: spiritual
You can summarize the book in 10 pages to get the point which is important.
Submission is important, but her theological argumentation to proof her point is wrong.
The Illustration are also poorly chosen.
I would recommend other books to get into this topic.
Heather
Feb 11, 2012 Heather rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: nobody
Recommended to Heather by: Christian talk radio
I always find the portrayal of women in books like this to be quite interesting. In a depressing way, of course. In this book she is rebellious, argumentative, controlling and defensive. The depiction of men is equally as distorted and sad. He is weak, lazy, fumbling, and manipulative.

Obviously I don't relate to any of these depictions. I find the author's reasoning suspect and her idea that men and women conform to the Adam / Eve archetype to be laughable.

Oh... and I thought the way she advised
Emily
Oct 24, 2010 Emily rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Guess it makes sense that after marriage books you have to get down to the nitty-gritty of learning to live in a healthy love-increasing way with your husband. :) Main great thought from this book: wives submit in faith. Faith in God, not faith in their husbands.
MissJessie
Apr 11, 2010 MissJessie rated it did not like it
What un-utterable nonsense. I got this book because I had read something about "Submissive" wives and wanted to understand them.

I can't.
Lisa
Sep 01, 2008 Lisa marked it as to-read
Marriage
Laure
Laure added it
Apr 27, 2016
Cynthia Kenderson
Cynthia Kenderson marked it as to-read
Tiffany Carr
Tiffany Carr marked it as to-read
Linnet
Linnet marked it as to-read
Ashlyn
Ashlyn rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2016
Jessica Mccleese
Jessica Mccleese marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2016
Meaka Ervin
Meaka Ervin marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2016
Arlene
Arlene marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
Leola
Leola rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Ashley Jung
Ashley Jung marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2016
ladelphia bee
ladelphia bee rated it really liked it
Dec 24, 2015
Lillie Wilson
Lillie Wilson is currently reading it
Dec 15, 2015
Raven Currin
Raven Currin rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2015
Nekisha S. Harrington
Nekisha S. Harrington rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2015
Sue
Sue rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2015
Takeiciou Ghee
Takeiciou Ghee marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2015
Jennifer Bate
Jennifer Bate marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
also published under the name Bunny Wilson

P. Bunny Wilson, founder and president of New Dawn Productions, is a gifted author, counselor, speaker and teacher. She speaks to thousands of people across the United States, as well as internationally, on the principals of healing past hurts, finding your life long love and maintaining a great marriage.
More about P.B. Wilson...