Start by marking “The Notorious Lord (Bluestocking Brides, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Notorious Lord (Bluestocking Brides, #1)

The Notorious Lord (Bluestocking Brides #1)

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  151 ratings  ·  14 reviews

The sight of Cory, Lord Newlyn, rising naked from the Midwinter river, is enough to send ripples of shock through Rachel Odell's carefully ordered life. He has always been a friend, although now she's aware of him as a man--an exceedingly handsome man. But she can't possibly entertain romantic ideas about this adventure seeker...and rogue.

It does appear that Cory is waging

Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Published July 1st 2005 by harlequin (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Notorious Lord, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Notorious Lord

Michelle Connolly
I got this book as a free bonus story when I bought "The Last Rake in London" and was very glad I did. I loved it!
Joycee
My second full novel by Ms. Cornick ... liked this one, too. It was a sweet love story with just enough heat (and it came at a plausible time ... not like the protagonists went at it "lust-at-first-sight" style). I look forward to the rest of this series, too!
Jami
I enjoyed it very much. I have read multiple books by Ms. Cornick. I could tell in reading it that it was one of her first. In newer ones she would have wrapped up the big plot point of who the spy was and found other plot points for the other two books. That was the only thing that irked me. I found the characters to be well written and I could relate to them. It was heart warming. I felt like it was a believable situation. I can't wait to read the few books by her I have yet to read! Looking f ...more
Mayu
Esta novela fue una decepción total, esperaba muchísimas cosas de ella, sobre todo, mucha seducción pero también grandes escenas entre los protagonistas. Se supone que Cory y Rachel están muy unidos, son mejores amigos, y siempre se han querido, pues... esa es la sinopsis. La realidad es otra cosa. Durante el transcurso de esta novela descubrimos que no hay absolutamente ninguna clase de intimidad ni confianza entre ambos, no son los mejores amigos que se nos vendía. Y el enamoramiento... lo vi ...more
Angela Montgomery
I will admit to reading books like these not very attentively. (Especially since I use them to fill all the empty hours I spend in airplanes and airports, and average 2 a day when travelling.) But I think I missed something fundamental. Who was the freaking spy?? They mention one possibility, but it's never followed up on. Otherwise, a sweet romance with a very likeable heroine.
Tasneem
I really enjoyed this story. She is a lovely heroine, and he is masterful. I really enjoyed how she negotiated the place of women. The novel ponders the questions of whether a woman should give up all her dreams to follow the man she loves, or can a man sacrifice his dreams for her, or does love mean truly compromising and finding a happy medium. Nicely done.
Ellen B.
Because it's the first of a trilogy, a major plot point goes unresolved. More frustrating, because I probably won't bother to read the other two. The actual romance aspects of it were pretty good, though.
Christina Pikas
Much better than her previous books: more complex story, more developed characters
Christy English
Early Nicola is good Nicola. :)
Elle
This one was a little slow for me.
Jasey
Blue Stocking Brides 1st of 3
Naina
Feb 09, 2013 Naina added it
Plz
Choko
Choko marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Lily
Lily marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Alli
Alli added it
Nov 25, 2014
Athityaa
Athityaa marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Eileen
Eileen marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Alyssa
Alyssa is currently reading it
Nov 16, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Demetra Iliopoulos
Demetra Iliopoulos marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Caitlin Doyle
Caitlin Doyle marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
  • A Compromised Lady
  • A Warrior's Passion (Warrior, #9)
  • His Secret Duchess
  • A Wicked Liaison
  • Married to a Stranger
  • Unlacing the Innocent Miss (Regency Silk & Scandal, #6)
  • One Unashamed Night (Wellinghams, #2)
  • One Candlelit Christmas (The MacLerie Clan #4.5) (Wellingfords #2.5)
  • Duke of Scandal (Duke Trilogy, #2)
  • The Last Rogue (Regency Quartet, #4)
  • The King's Mistress
  • Pickpocket Countess
  • In the Thrill of the Night (Merry Widows, #1)
  • Once Upon a Wedding Night (The Derrings, #1)
  • Secrets of a Proper Countess
  • The Devil's Waltz
  • Hester Waring's Marriage
  • What an Earl Wants
USA Today bestselling author Nicola Cornick writes witty and passionate Regency historicals for HQN Books and MIRA. She studied History at London and Oxford and was awarded a distinction for her dissertation on historical heroes. It was a tough study but someone had to do it. Nicola has a “double life” as a writer and guide at the stunning 17th century hunting lodge, Ashdown House.

Romantic Times h
More about Nicola Cornick...
Whisper of Scandal (The Scandalous Women of the Ton, #1) One Wicked Sin (The Scandalous Women of the Ton, #2) Mistress by Midnight (The Scandalous Women of the Ton, #3) Desired (The Scandalous Women of the Ton, #5) The Confessions of a Duchess (The Brides of Fortune #1)