Start by marking “Doing It for Money: The Agony and Ecstasy of Writing and Surviving in Hollywood” as Want to Read:
Doing It for Money: The Agony and Ecstasy of Writing and Surviving in Hollywood

Doing It for Money: The Agony and Ecstasy of Writing and Surviving in Hollywood

This collection of essays from top film and television writers provides insights into the process and the techniques of writing for a living, along with the agony, ecstasy, terror, and triumph that go along with the endeavor. Included, too, are professional tips on writing scripts, getting an agent, making a pitch, and dealing with impossible studio heads and stars.
Published April 1st 2006 by Tallfellow Press

To ask other readers questions about Doing It for Money, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doing It for Money

Stormcrow
Oct 25, 2016 Stormcrow rated it it was ok
I'm not sure what I expected from this book, but initially I wasn't very enthused by the very short anecdotes from different writers. Initially the book covered very old ground for me (as a writer) and wasn't saying anything I didn't already know from personal experience. But the anecdotes were so short it made it the perfect late night book where I could easily read one or two tales before turning in.

Overall, there are some good anecdotes, but certainly no sound career advice or anything that's
K. Rezaiezadeh
May 11, 2015 K. Rezaiezadeh rated it liked it
Fairly interesting and pretty well balanced - I won't lie, a lot of the complaints of the essayists came out very whiny, but my personal feelings about the subjects doesn't detract from the overall quality of the essays.
Madigan McGillicuddy
Madigan McGillicuddy rated it it was ok
May 16, 2011
Max
Max rated it liked it
Dec 22, 2007
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2009
Jason
Jason rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2007
John
John rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2014
Jessi
Jessi marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2010
Veronica
Veronica marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2012
Matthew
Matthew marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2013
Vince Di Meglio
Vince Di Meglio marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016