Start by marking “Beverly Cleary's Ramona - Behind the Scenes of a Television Show (Reading Rainbow Book)” as Want to Read:

Uses an insider's view of the making of the ten-part series "Ramona" to depict how a television show is created, from the script adaptation and auditions to the actual filming and final editing.
Published June 1st 1988 by Yearling

Be the first to ask a question about Beverly Cleary's Ramona - Behind the Scenes of a Television Show

Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy BlumeFrom the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. KonigsburgAre You There God? It's Me, Margaret by Judy BlumeMitch and Amy by Beverly ClearyRamona Quimby Age 8 by Beverly Cleary
A Dell Yearling Book
48th out of 53 books — 6 voters
Ellen Tebbits by Beverly ClearyBeezus and Ramona by Beverly ClearyHenry Huggins by Beverly ClearyHenry and Beezus by Beverly ClearyMitch and Amy by Beverly Cleary
Best of Beverly Cleary
41st out of 103 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Myles
I could have given this five stars and felt completely justified, and I could have given this only one and felt satisfied. My problem was that what I really wanted this book to be about, wasn't what it was about.

Let me clarify.

This is a book for kids explaining how television shows get made, Elaine Scott uses the making of the 1988 PBS/Canadian adaption of Ramona to accomplish this.

Starring a precocious Sarah Polley (Dawn of the Dead, Splice), Ramona was a big deal growing up, Beverly Cleary's
Tiffany
Sep 19, 2015 Tiffany rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kiddies, television
I LOVED this book when I was a kid. I enjoyed the Ramona books, and I loved the TV show (Sarah Polley was the *perfect* Ramona!) so this book was beyond amazing for me. I loved the show so much that when I read this book, I could remember every detail about every scene they talked about. Loved, loved, loved this book! I read it over and over. And over.
Susann
Jul 06, 2014 Susann rated it really liked it
Perfect gift from Wendy. I think I've seen half of one Ramona episode once, but that didn't stop me from loving this. Backstory on Mr. Quimby (from Beverly herself): priceless.
Jenny
Mar 29, 2007 Jenny rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrensbooks
Clearly, I loved anything and everything to do with Ramona, and it included the TV show, and (of course) the BOOK about the TV show!
Lori Daley
Lori Daley marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
Tess Barklow
Tess Barklow marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Elizabeth Bolden
Elizabeth Bolden marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2016
Danielle Clark
Danielle Clark marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2015
Bob Brooks
Bob Brooks rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2015
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2015
Diana
Diana added it
Oct 03, 2015
Lauren
Lauren added it
Aug 28, 2015
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2014
Haley Dircks
Haley Dircks rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2014
Brittney
Brittney marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Yinzadi
Yinzadi marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2013
Sandra Pfeifer
Sandra Pfeifer marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2013
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2013
emm
emm rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2013
Melanie
Melanie rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2013
Lana
Lana added it
Dec 06, 2012
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2012
Jaymie
Jaymie rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2012
Beverly
Beverly rated it liked it
May 31, 2012
Nicole
Nicole added it
Jul 06, 2011
Nevey
Nevey marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2011