Start by marking “A Little History of Canada” as Want to Read:
A Little History of Canada

A Little History of Canada

A Little History of Canada offers an opinionated, concise history of Canada to be enjoyed by Canadians in search of a brief history of their country, travellers visiting Canada, newcomers to Canada who decide to stay, and anyone else interested in the history of this country.
In this overview, H. V. Nelles presents Canadian history as one of continous transformation. From
Published September 16th 2004 by Oxford University Press, USA

To ask other readers questions about A Little History of Canada, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Little History of Canada

May 04, 2011 GregCarey10 rated it really liked it
I was originally going to sparknotes this, but low and behold this little gem is completely unknown to those in the internet circles. Written by a MacMaster University professor H.V. Nelles, A Little History of Canada is a great little book to pick up for those who would like to understand the great white north a little bit better. Being a Canadian, much of the book I already knew, but Nelles style of writing was very engaging. He kept me wanting to read more and more, and I actually have a bett ...more
Jim Worthington
Sep 11, 2016 Jim Worthington rated it really liked it
This is an excellent, very readable overview of Canadian history. I thought it was particularly strong in its discussion of Canada's involvement in 20th and early 21st century global conflict and trade. It makes me want to dig deeper to understand the issues with Quebec and the First Nations.
Aaron Singer
Jun 18, 2014 Aaron Singer rated it liked it
Straightforward and quick overview of Canadian history, from European settlement to interaction with First Nations up through the legacy of Trudeau and the 1994 Quebec vote. As I knew nothing about the subject, I found it interesting.
Its not a badly wirten little book. But for anyone that took grade 10 history in a canadian highschool, its a little repetative. For anyone looking to get a basic idea of Canadian history, its not a bad place to start.
at turns dense and rushing past the reader at break-neck speed, this is a good primer on basic Canadian history but was not a "good read" in the pleasurable sense of the word.
BookDB marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2016
Ryan Caillet
Ryan Caillet rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2016
Amelia rated it it was ok
May 20, 2016
Aeronut3 rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2016
Sam Govind
Sam Govind is currently reading it
May 03, 2016
Kortney rated it liked it
May 02, 2016
Rob R
Rob R marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Trish Faber
Trish Faber rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2016
Chris rated it liked it
May 06, 2016
Karen rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2016
Michael Clemens
Michael Clemens is currently reading it
Feb 24, 2016
Vicki added it
Feb 22, 2016
John Bird
John Bird rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2016
Félix Villeneuve
Félix Villeneuve rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2016
Helen marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2015
Thomas rated it it was ok
Dec 31, 2015
Chris Astle
Chris Astle rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2015
Gisselle rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2016
Anum is currently reading it
Oct 07, 2015
Nick Gaston
Nick Gaston marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016