Start by marking “Dude Where's My Spaceship? (Weird Planet #1)” as Want to Read:
Dude Where's My Spaceship? (Weird Planet #1)

Dude Where's My Spaceship? (Weird Planet #1)

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Klatu is such a varna! He crashed the spaceship into planet Earth with his brother Lek and sister Ploo onboard. Stuck in the middle of the Nevada desert with nowhere to run, Ploo is captured by army Earthlings who think that she is an enemy of humankind. Can Klatu and Lek to rescue Ploo from the terrifying Major Paine? Or will Ploo be held prisoner in Area 51 forever?

From
Published July 8th 2009 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Dude Where's My Spaceship?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dude Where's My Spaceship?

Patricia Wilson
Dude, Where's my Spaceship is a 83 page science fiction book by Dan Greenburg.The general age range is primary to advanced. This book should be read because it is fun and it teaches acceptance of others.
Klatu, Lek and Ploo are siblings. They left there home, Loogl to explore but Klatu wanted to prove that he could fly the space craft to far distances. Once they crashed on Earth Ploo was captured and taken to Area 51.Klatu and Lek morphed into humans and chewed the white gum balls that lets them
Kari Weber
Imagine having the ability to speak another language by chewing a piece of gum. Child aliens Klatu, Lek, and Ploo crash land in the unfamiliar Nevada desert and must repair their spaceship before being discovered. When Ploo is captured by the military, Klatu and Lek set out to save their sister before it is too late. This book is the first in the Weird Planet series and is comprised of eight short chapters. Cartoonish illustrations appear every few pages, and the writing is appropriate for child ...more
Katey
CIP/Summary: When their spaceship crash lands on Earth, Ploo is captured by the Army and taken away to mysterious Area 51, and while her brothers, Lek and Klatu try to rescue her, Ploo uses her ESP to make a new friend.

Dude, Where's my Spaceship is a "Stepping Stone Book" full of action and adventure intended to entertain readers who are past picture books, but not yet ready for more advanced reading. The characters' take on human thought processes and their instant translations through chewing
This book could be a high interest/low level book for some students. I would not recommend it for ELL students. There is much background assumed about Area 51 and Roswell. It does have some very funny moments and I will look for the next book in these series.
Tina
Did this for my booktalk with a fourth grade class:
Me: Have you ever lost a car at the shopping centre??
4th grade: Yeeeeeeeeeeeees
Me: Have you ever lost a spaceship?
4th grade: *jaw drops to the floor*

It's a fun book to get kids reading.
Ratforce
This is a silly story of three aliens who crash land into an unknown world and must use bizarre inventions and some good old-fashioned luck to save their family. This knee-slapping novel is the first in the Weird Planet series.
Ruth Mika
Mar 29, 2008 Ruth Mika rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 2 grade to 4th
I read this to my class but there was really too much that they didn't understand-- even with my explanation. References to Roswell and Area 51 went right over there head. But there are enough references to poop to keep the boys listening.
Ratforcekids
Tanja
Quirky little story about three young aliens getting stranded on earth as their spaceship crashes - a bit silly, but will surely delight many young readers. Author also writes Zack Files series.
Elizabeth
A funny book that boys in grades 3 or 4 would read... This is part of a series, so the ending is a bit up in the air...
Harrison
It was the most fun book I think I ever read. It was interesting. I will continue to read this series.

Harrison, age 8
Ryan Mckendry
This was my first chapter book that I read to myself woo hoo!!!!!!
Adam
When Ploo gets captured, she meets a new friend.
Victor
Victor marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
N
N marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
stephanie
stephanie marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Mrs. Burns
Mrs. Burns marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Alex
Alex added it
Aug 30, 2014
Sandra
Sandra added it
Jul 19, 2014
Greg Jones
Greg Jones marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Renee Rearden
Renee Rearden marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Marni Crabtree davison
Marni Crabtree davison marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Melissa Baker
Melissa Baker marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
DAN GREENBURG BIO

BOOKS:
Dan's 73 books have been published in 24 countries.
His adult best-sellers include EXES, LOVE KILLS, HOW TO BE A JEWISH MOTHER, HOW TO MAKE YOURSELF MISERABLE, and HOW TO AVOID LOVE AND MARRIAGE. How to be a Jewish Mother sold several million copies. It and How to Make Yourself Miserable were in print for 30 years and were on Publishers Weekly’s list of all-time bestselle
More about Dan Greenburg...

Weird Planet (6 books)
  • Lost in Las Vegas (Weird Planet #2)
  • Chilling With the Great Ones (Weird Planet #3)
  • Attack of the Evil Elvises (Weird Planet #4)
  • Lights, Camera...Liftoff! (Weird Planet #5)
  • Thrills, Spills, and Cosmic Chills (Weird Planet #6)
The Onts (Secrets of Dripping Fang, #1) Great-Grandpa's in the Litter Box (The Zack Files #1) Treachery and Betrayal at Jolly Days (Secrets of Dripping Fang, #2) Through the Medicine Cabinet (The Zack Files #2) The Vampire's Curse (Secrets of Dripping Fang: Book Three)