Start by marking “Murdered, My Sweet” as Want to Read:
Murdered, My Sweet

Murdered, My Sweet

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  393 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Jenny Jakes and her mother, a famous mystery writer, travel to San Antonio to see their cousin, Arnold Harmony, who's made his fortune in the chocolate business. Harmony, an eccentric millionaire, wants his will read publicly before he dies; since everyone wants a piece of the pie, this announcement causes quite a stir. When Harmony's son is murdered just before the readin ...more
Published November 30th 2011 by Yearling (first published September 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Murdered, My Sweet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murdered, My Sweet

Jenna
I really liked this book but it was a little slow. This book is about a girl named Jenny and her mom who is a mystery writer. Jenny's uncle owns a chocolate company and is having a birthday party were is is read his will.When they get to the hotel where that party is just before the reading someone came in and said the the uncle's son Potter has been murdered. So after that, the book is just about finding out who did it.
Linda
Joan Lowery Nixon is a fantastic writer but this is not one of her best. It is a mystery, but the excitement is minimal, and the main character odd. Besides, the detective in this book is supposed to be smart but honestly? He can't think for himself and is always having a teenaged girl tell him how to handle the investigation and what to do next, besides inviting her mother to be his side-kick on a murder investigation.

The story: Jenny's mom, Madeline, is a famous mystery writer who somehow got
luhvBOOKS
Title: Murder, My Sweet

Author: Joan Lowery Nixon

Series: N/A

Rating:

Summary: Jenny Jakes and her mother, a famous mystery writer, travel to San Antonio to see their cousin, Arnold Harmony, who's made his fortune in the chocolate business. Harmony, an eccentric millionaire, wants his will read publicly before he dies; since everyone wants a piece of the pie, this announcement causes quite a stir. When Harmony's son is murdered just before the reading, Jenny's mother decides to spring into action a
Anna
This book is a great read to anyone who likes murder mysterys!Thier are about eight characters we focus on.I think it's fun to try and guess who did it! Jenny is the main character along with here mother. Her mother writes mystery novels and a bunch of people think she actually helps solve real crimes! At her cousins reading of tthe will someone is murdered.
They travel to San Antonio to go to the reading of the will. Jenny wishes she was home until they find out about the murder. She longs to be
Edy Gies
This was good, but not great. The mystery by the sane author that I read yesterday was impossible to put down, but this book was not as fast paced or riveting. I don't know if the book will make as much sense if the reader had never heard of Murder She Wrote. Having grown up watching it with my mom, I got the story and saw the author's intention.
Mellie
This was more of a children's murder book. It was a nice, quick read but the storyline along with the characters and their character development were more for the younger children.

Spoilers>>>
I also found it kind of annoying that the mom kept reverting back to the way her characters in her books reacted...it started to get old when it kept happening again and again. Then her daughter plays a huge part in solving the murder but then the mother gets all the credit and she willing accepts
Sarah Tilatitsky
THIS IS THE BEST AUTHOR EVER!!!!!!!! I REALLY LOVE HER AND YOU SHOULD GET ADDICTED TO HER. I REALLY DO. Just read the book. You will get caught up with the plot and the caracters that you won't even realize until the end of the book is there, in front of your face. Just read it. This book is still fresh even after the second time I read it. No, now it's still fresh. It's the third time. Just read it!
Emily Messer
This book was good but it wasn't great. There was a lot of good detail and cliffhangers to keep you interested and reading but in other areas it fell flat. The end was predictable and not that interesting. Plus I didn't really like any characters aside from Jenny and Arnold, who had some good lines throughout the book.
I am not a big fan of mystery anyways, but what really bugged me about this book was the romance. The main character (can't remember her name) meets the elevator boy and is kissing him almost the next second. Their relationship is built on a foundation of practically nothing. It annoyed me a lot.
Brianna M.
I gave this book 4 stars because it was a good book but not the absolute best. It is about someone in the family reading his will before he dies and changing it. His son died and was supposed to wake him up. Her mother wrote about detective-fiction books herself and tried to help solve the murder.
Hailee
Feb 19, 2011 Hailee rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any middle school and older girls
Recommended to Hailee by: ME
It is about a Choclete owner and he is murdered. tats all i now... o this middle school girl has to find who, what, when, where, and why. Its really good. I just finished, i loved this book
Brianna Furstenau
This book is great for anyone who is into mystery novels. It is about these two murders who cant seem to be solved. then a mystery writer solves it
I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*
Mar 07, 2008 I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who like exciting thrillers! (and murders)
This was a really exciting and great book! Also *SPOILER!!!* It was funny how the murderer ended up being Alexa, cuz my name is alexa too!! lol!
Austin Simpkins
Sep 25, 2010 Austin Simpkins is currently reading it
I think the book is starting off kind of slow. It's getting the characters established and taking a while for the momentum to build up
Emily
This book is amazing! This is a great murder story. It has suspense, some romance and a great ending!
Sarah Myers
this book was pretty good it was very suspenceful and pretty kooleo to find out who murdered the 2 of them!
Lashae
i loved this book it was slow at the begining but pulls you in when you are about to give up!!!!
*CrAzY-PeRFeCtNeSs!!!!
pretty good book with realistic characters and a mystery!!!!!
Jenna
not a very good scary book... :(
Marlisa Savidant
It's a good book but I didn't love it
Gingy

Blythe
Jun 06, 2015 Blythe added it
False
Historietime
Historietime marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Kaitie DuLaney
Kaitie DuLaney marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Justyce
Justyce marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
  • Black Mirror
  • Don't Look Behind You
  • Blackthorn Winter
  • The Presence: A Ghost Story
  • Lake of Secrets
  • A Heart Divided
  • Snow (Losing Christina, #2)
  • The Tamarind Seed
  • A Thousand Shades of Blue
  • Beyond the Western Sea
  • The Shadow Guests
  • The Silence of Murder
  • The White Gates
  • Finding Lubchenko (Lubchenko, #1)
  • Amnesia
  • The X-Files: Season 10, Volume 2
  • The Night My Sister Went Missing
  • A Cool Moonlight
Author of more than one hundred books, Joan Lowery Nixon is the only writer to have won four Edgar Allan Poe Awards for Juvenile Mysteries (and been nominated several other times) from the Mystery Writers of America. Creating contemporary teenage characters who have both a personal problem and a mystery to solve, Nixon captured the attention of legions of teenage readers since the publication of h ...more
More about Joan Lowery Nixon...
The Kidnapping of Christina Lattimore The Other Side of Dark A Family Apart (Orphan Train Adventures, #1) A Deadly Game of Magic The Séance