Start by marking “Murdered, My Sweet” as Want to Read:
Murdered, My Sweet

Murdered, My Sweet

3.75  ·  Rating Details  ·  421 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Jenny Jakes and her mother, a famous mystery writer, travel to San Antonio to see their cousin, Arnold Harmony, who's made his fortune in the chocolate business. Harmony, an eccentric millionaire, wants his will read publicly before he dies; since everyone wants a piece of the pie, this announcement causes quite a stir. When Harmony's son is murdered just before the readin ...more
Published November 30th 2011 by Yearling (first published September 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Murdered, My Sweet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murdered, My Sweet

Anna
Sep 27, 2011 Anna rated it it was amazing
This book is a great read to anyone who likes murder mysterys!Thier are about eight characters we focus on.I think it's fun to try and guess who did it! Jenny is the main character along with here mother. Her mother writes mystery novels and a bunch of people think she actually helps solve real crimes! At her cousins reading of tthe will someone is murdered.
They travel to San Antonio to go to the reading of the will. Jenny wishes she was home until they find out about the murder. She longs to be
Linda
Apr 26, 2013 Linda rated it liked it
Joan Lowery Nixon is a fantastic writer but this is not one of her best. It is a mystery, but the excitement is minimal, and the main character odd. Besides, the detective in this book is supposed to be smart but honestly? He can't think for himself and is always having a teenaged girl tell him how to handle the investigation and what to do next, besides inviting her mother to be his side-kick on a murder investigation.

The story: Jenny's mom, Madeline, is a famous mystery writer who somehow got
luhvBOOKS
Aug 25, 2012 luhvBOOKS rated it really liked it
Title: Murder, My Sweet

Author: Joan Lowery Nixon

Series: N/A

Rating:

Summary: Jenny Jakes and her mother, a famous mystery writer, travel to San Antonio to see their cousin, Arnold Harmony, who's made his fortune in the chocolate business. Harmony, an eccentric millionaire, wants his will read publicly before he dies; since everyone wants a piece of the pie, this announcement causes quite a stir. When Harmony's son is murdered just before the reading, Jenny's mother decides to spring into action a
Edy Gies
Feb 08, 2015 Edy Gies rated it liked it
This was good, but not great. The mystery by the sane author that I read yesterday was impossible to put down, but this book was not as fast paced or riveting. I don't know if the book will make as much sense if the reader had never heard of Murder She Wrote. Having grown up watching it with my mom, I got the story and saw the author's intention.
Mellie
Jul 15, 2012 Mellie rated it it was ok
This was more of a children's murder book. It was a nice, quick read but the storyline along with the characters and their character development were more for the younger children.

Spoilers>>>
I also found it kind of annoying that the mom kept reverting back to the way her characters in her books reacted...it started to get old when it kept happening again and again. Then her daughter plays a huge part in solving the murder but then the mother gets all the credit and she willing accepts
Kaitlyn DuLaney
Mar 14, 2016 Kaitlyn DuLaney rated it liked it
Good mystery.
Jenna
Jan 06, 2015 Jenna rated it really liked it
I really liked this book but it was a little slow. This book is about a girl named Jenny and her mom who is a mystery writer. Jenny's uncle owns a chocolate company and is having a birthday party were is is read his will.When they get to the hotel where that party is just before the reading someone came in and said the the uncle's son Potter has been murdered. So after that, the book is just about finding out who did it.
Sarah Tilatitsky
Jan 04, 2011 Sarah Tilatitsky rated it it was amazing
THIS IS THE BEST AUTHOR EVER!!!!!!!! I REALLY LOVE HER AND YOU SHOULD GET ADDICTED TO HER. I REALLY DO. Just read the book. You will get caught up with the plot and the caracters that you won't even realize until the end of the book is there, in front of your face. Just read it. This book is still fresh even after the second time I read it. No, now it's still fresh. It's the third time. Just read it!
Emily Messer
May 21, 2013 Emily Messer rated it liked it
This book was good but it wasn't great. There was a lot of good detail and cliffhangers to keep you interested and reading but in other areas it fell flat. The end was predictable and not that interesting. Plus I didn't really like any characters aside from Jenny and Arnold, who had some good lines throughout the book.
I am not a big fan of mystery anyways, but what really bugged me about this book was the romance. The main character (can't remember her name) meets the elevator boy and is kissing him almost the next second. Their relationship is built on a foundation of practically nothing. It annoyed me a lot.
Brianna M.
Mar 01, 2010 Brianna M. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I gave this book 4 stars because it was a good book but not the absolute best. It is about someone in the family reading his will before he dies and changing it. His son died and was supposed to wake him up. Her mother wrote about detective-fiction books herself and tried to help solve the murder.
Hailee
Feb 19, 2011 Hailee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any middle school and older girls
Recommended to Hailee by: ME
It is about a Choclete owner and he is murdered. tats all i now... o this middle school girl has to find who, what, when, where, and why. Its really good. I just finished, i loved this book
Brianna Furstenau
Nov 09, 2012 Brianna Furstenau rated it really liked it
This book is great for anyone who is into mystery novels. It is about these two murders who cant seem to be solved. then a mystery writer solves it
I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*
Mar 07, 2008 I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who like exciting thrillers! (and murders)
This was a really exciting and great book! Also *SPOILER!!!* It was funny how the murderer ended up being Alexa, cuz my name is alexa too!! lol!
Austin Simpkins
Sep 25, 2010 Austin Simpkins is currently reading it
I think the book is starting off kind of slow. It's getting the characters established and taking a while for the momentum to build up
Emily
Sep 20, 2008 Emily rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing! This is a great murder story. It has suspense, some romance and a great ending!
Sarah Myers
Apr 11, 2008 Sarah Myers rated it it was amazing
this book was pretty good it was very suspenceful and pretty kooleo to find out who murdered the 2 of them!
Lashae
Jul 24, 2013 Lashae rated it liked it
i loved this book it was slow at the begining but pulls you in when you are about to give up!!!!
*CrAzY-PeRFeCtNeSs!!!!
pretty good book with realistic characters and a mystery!!!!!
Jenna
Dec 02, 2008 Jenna rated it liked it
not a very good scary book... :(
Marlisa Savidant
May 10, 2013 Marlisa Savidant rated it really liked it
It's a good book but I didn't love it
Gingy

Silly but fun book.
RHardy
Aug 22, 2010 RHardy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tim Rosenberger
Tim Rosenberger rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2016
David
David marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2016
  • The X-Files: Season 10, Volume 4
  • Lake of Secrets
  • The Shadow Guests
  • A Thousand Shades of Blue
  • Snow (Losing Christina, #2)
  • The White Gates
  • A Heart Divided
  • No Time to Die (Dark Secrets, #3)
  • Amnesia
Author of more than one hundred books, Joan Lowery Nixon is the only writer to have won four Edgar Allan Poe Awards for Juvenile Mysteries (and been nominated several other times) from the Mystery Writers of America. Creating contemporary teenage characters who have both a personal problem and a mystery to solve, Nixon captured the attention of legions of teenage readers since the publication of h ...more
More about Joan Lowery Nixon...