Start by marking “Once for All Time (Harlequin Romance, 2666)” as Want to Read:
Once for All Time  (Harlequin Romance,  2666)

Once for All Time (Harlequin Romance, 2666)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  108 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Clotilde had worked with Dr. James Thackery at London's busy St. Alma's hospital for three years, but she'd never regarded theirs as anything more than a solid professional relationship. Then tragedy struck, and it was James who stepped in and took charge of Clotilde's shattered world, offering her his unhesitating comfort and support. It would have been so easy to fall in ...more
Published December 1st 1984 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Once for All Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once for All Time

Heather
My mother used to read these books and I used to make fun of her for reading them because they're all the same: the Dutch doctor (handsome, huge, and rich), the mousy heroine (hard-working, dog-loving, old-fashioned), various catastrophes (from which Dutch doctor saves mousy heroine), interspersed with descriptions of lavish meals. And they always have the duck.

And now I read them. Because they're all the same, which is very soothing, and because they remind me of my mother.
Barbara
Betty Neels plot 17B--She's the ward sister, he's the consultant. He's been in love with her forever, she's engaged to a cad.
But not to worry--cad reveals his true colors, and she slowly comes to love the doctor. But beware the other woman, who is trying her best to attract the good doctor and throwing up all manner of smoke screens.
But hey, this is a Neels--of course there's a happy ending--true love wins through and nasty other woman goes off in a huff.
Not top of the line Neels, but great fun
Lily Pilly
I just love Betty Neals' stories....when I read her books, I know I shall keep smiling...her books are soothing like a nice cup of quality hot tea with your favorite biscuits on the side....
Robin
Review Tally - based out of 5

Briefly, part of this is from another review, but will explain my bias a little. [Ok, before I go into my review, I feel I have to be 100% honest with you. I am a huge - make that HUGE Betty Neels fan. I discovered her when I was 10 or 11 years old. Over the years, I have collected every Betty Neels novel ever in print. Even special ordering them all the way from England because I was having difficulty finding them over here in the States.]

OVERALL: 4 1/2 STARS

Story/
Rita
Oct 06, 2011 Rita added it
1984. Yet another following her same formula. In this one, the perfect, tall, large handsome surgeon takes the ward sister to visit his Dutch maternal grandparents who live in a gorgeous large old house with servants near Leiden. Altho Neels lists the standard sights in Leiden, there is no sense of the atmosphere there. The only thing Neels describes convincingly in her books is the interior of houses.
This book has more description than most of the nursing activities in the hospital, and yet th
Beth
This was the first Betty Neels book I had ever read. I LOVED it. It got kme started collecting all of the Betty Neels books. If you want a gentle, nostalgic romance, this is the author for that. I don't love all of her books, but I really loved this one. My favorite of her books is Tangled Autumn.
Mbmcolon
For some reason this is my favorite of the Betty Neel novels. I love how the Doctor woos and wins over Tilly. It's simple, uncomplicated, and melts the heart. I've read it several times and never grow tired of it. Definitely a Christmas favorite.
This was really good and somewhat unusual for Neels in that the Hero and Heroine were friendly before the romance, and friends for most of the book. I really love these ones.
Nell
A really lovely, soothing read
jingles
Harlequin Romance #2666
Leona
One of my favorites by BN.
Lily
Lily marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Fiona Marsden
Fiona Marsden marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Bev
Bev marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Ada Bryant
Ada Bryant marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Raven
Raven marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Jayanthi Rajagopalan
Jayanthi Rajagopalan marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
June Taylor
June Taylor marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Mada Boulineau
Mada Boulineau marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Jill
Jill added it
Aug 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Millionaire's Marriage
  • The Salvatore Marriage (Foreign Affairs)
  • The Royal Marriage Arrangement
  • A Case of Poisons (Anthony Maxwell #1)
  • Cowboy at Midnight (Fortunes of Texas: Reunion #1)
  • Ruthless Greek Boss, Secretary Mistress
  • The Spanish Duke's Virgin Bride (Harlequin Presents, #2679)
  • Taken By Her Greek Boss
  • The Groom Came Back
  • The Virgin Secretary's Impossible Boss
  • The Wedding Promise
  • Wife in Public (Harlequin Presents, #2977)
  • Shaman King, Vol. 6: Road Trip to Izumo
  • Desert Prince, Defiant Virgin (Harlequin Presents, #2796)
  • The Earl's Untouched Bride
  • Tempestuous Reunion
  • Strangers in the Desert (The Al Dhakir Brothers #1)
  • Taken By The Sheikh (Sheikh's Arabian Nights #5)
Betty Neels was born on September 15, 1910 in Devon to a family with firm roots in the civil service. She said she had a blissfully happy childhood and teenage years, which stood her in good stead for the tribulations to come with the Second World War. She was sent away to boarding school, and then went on to train as a nurse, gaining her SRN and SCM, that is, State Registered Nurse and State Cert ...more
More about Betty Neels...
An Old-Fashioned Girl (The Best Of Betty Neels) The Quiet Professor Cassandra by Chance A Girl In a Million (The Best of Betty Neels) Winter Wedding