Start by marking “The Lüscher Color Test” as Want to Read:
The Lüscher Color Test

The Lüscher Color Test

The Lüscher color test is a psychological test invented by Dr. Max Lüscher in Basel, Switzerland. Max Lüscher recognized that the sensory perception of color is objective & universally shared by all, but that color preferences are subjective, which is a distinction allowing subjective states to be objectively measured by using test colors. Because the color selections ...more
187 pages
Published January 1st 1971 by Pocket Books (NY) (first published 1949)

To ask other readers questions about The Lüscher Color Test, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lüscher Color Test

Al!
Jun 29, 2016 Al! rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
چه ارتباط جالبی بین خلقیات انسان و رنگها وجود دارد
Susan Rainwater
Feb 26, 2016 Susan Rainwater rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Like most other categorical personality systems, the Lusher Color Test is complete nonsense, pop-psychology at its worst. I read this as a teenager, and even then, it seemed simplistic and silly.

Dennis Dutton's "The Art Instinct" makes a compelling evolutionary argument for why we prefer certain colors over others that renders the idea of a color test completely invalid.
Johnny
May 04, 2007 Johnny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: self knowledge
This tiny psychology book is a wealth of self discovery. Written in the era following World War II when a wealth of data was available in quantities unheard of before, Luscher has compiled a system of personality profiling which is eerily accurate in a short and simple test.

You may be sceptical at first, given this slim volume, but the veracity of the results cannot be denied.
Elizabeth
A fun read when I was in my teens or twenties, when I read it, but shallow and unfulfilling, more like a game than anything to take seriously.
Karen
Jan 14, 2008 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Discover the hidden meaning of what your color preferences say about your personality and current emotional state.

I have a healthy dose of skepticism regarding the validity of tests such as this; I am not a believer of astrology nor do I read my horoscope. Really, how accurate could my color choices be in revealing my current inner anxieties and conflicts? It turns out pretty accurate indeed. The results blew my mind, no kidding. My fiancé and I took this test and the results we received hit the
Negar
Jul 26, 2014 Negar rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
اینو به مامانم کادو داده بودن. منم که رسماً همه چی می خونم :))))))
اصلاً حرفاش فوق العاده بود. دقت کردین بعضی وقتا کتابای روانشناسی از صد تا کتاب طنز بهترن؟
+ ولی حداً، اعتراف می کنم بعضی هاشون واقعاً درست بودن. مخصوصاً نقطه ضعف ها و اینا که کاملاً لذت بردم که بهم یادآوری شد :|

اینا روانشناسی منه، یه سری هاشون:

1- برای غلبه کردن بر موانع و دشتواری ها ابتکار به خرج می دهد و تفاوتی نمی کند که هدف از آن بدست آوردن یا حفظ یک موقعیت قدرت باشد که در آن بتواند بر حوادث مسلط شود.

2- تمایل به ایجاد یک رابطه ی
KennyO
Jul 06, 2016 KennyO rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
This was, I think, in the vanguard of the 1970's tsunami of self reflection and self help books. With it you could interpret your mood through the order of your selections from a set of eight single-color cards. Not that anyone in my circle felt the need to interpret mood through that book and cards but we were entertained by our evaluation of ourselves and one another, sometimes debating what was written there. This is a much simplified version of Luscher's full test but I never learned if ther ...more
Erik Graff
Jun 13, 2009 Erik Graff rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Psychologist of Personality
Recommended to Erik by: no one
Shelves: psychology
I am deeply suspicious of this popular test used in personality assessment, but do not feel qualified to judge it. Like the I Ching, it is easy to apply and certainly can be used as a reflective device conducive to illuminating conversation when utilized in a group setting. This application in itself gives such a test and ones like it a certain therapeutic utility. Naturally, it is also something one can use in social settings as a kind of party game as a way to prompt interesting personal discu ...more
Peter Massingham
This book has proved useful on numerous occasions - not for myself as you cannot keep taking the test yourself due to familiarity of the card meanings, but for others who were intrigued.It is not a party trick and actually contains a warning to that effect within the book. You do not want to give someone negative information if they are feeling depressed. Nor does it offer an account of the individuals long-term personality. Rather, it gives you information on your present state of mind and circ ...more
Emily
Mar 01, 2009 Emily rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2009
One of the most useful, enlightening, and accurate psychology books I have ever read. Of course I am very touched by color and visual influences in general. I highly recommend this, as its analysis of myself was absolutely DEAD ON and it has helped me analyze and understand the behaviors and motivations of many people around me. Even if one is not into psychology, this is easy to understand (at least I think so) and... well, fun.
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
This would be an interesting book if the colors weren't all so atrocious. the book would probably work better in today's world of color management but as it is, I hate all the colors except black, which I doubt is the right personality for me.
S.
Jan 24, 2008 S. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: colors
This was one of my parents' books that I must have "read" a thousand times. You don't really read it, though, just select color cards and supposedly have your every secret revealed. Fun.
Karen
May 08, 2011 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was facinated by this book in high school. Someone gave me the simplified test, and I felt like they were reading my mind -- all just by picking colors.

Very interesting concept.
Maureen
Jan 13, 2013 Maureen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
One of my favorite books in the 1970's.
Yoka
Jul 27, 2009 Yoka rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good to read,indeed please to remember
Farhood
Sep 21, 2014 Farhood rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
بسیار تکنیکی. من که لذت بردم و تجربش کردم. بارها و بارها برای سنینی که کاربرد داره و جواب هر بار تا حد زیادی عینیت داشته.
Afsaneh
برای آشنایی با معنی و مفهوم رنگ ها در علم روانشناسی و همچنین آشنایی با حالات روحی اشخاص در زمانها و شرایط مختلف کمک بسیاری میکنه .
Kelly
Kelly rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2014
William O'Brien
Feb 15, 2011 William O'Brien rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting book
Gina
Gina rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2015
Lee
Lee rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2015
Nadi Ghaffari
Nadi Ghaffari rated it it was ok
Feb 12, 2014
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2016
George moffat
George moffat rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2012
Brigid
Brigid rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2010
Valerie
Valerie rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2014
Kiss1frog
Kiss1frog rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2007
Bernardo Vailati
Bernardo Vailati rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2016
Mahya Maftouni
Mahya Maftouni rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2014
Charles
Charles rated it liked it
Oct 28, 2012
  • Juiceman's Power of Juicing
  • The Hundredth Monkey
  • The Training and Work of an Initiate
  • Perfect Questions Perfect Answers: The Power of Mantra Meditation
  • Being Sober: A Step-by-Step Guide to Getting To, Getting Through, and Living in Recovery
  • Eating in the Raw: A Beginner's Guide to Getting Slimmer, Feeling Healthier, and Looking Younger the Raw-Food Way
  • The Science of Living
  • Detox for Women: An All New Approach for a Sleek Body and Radiant Health in 4 Weeks
  • The End Times: New Information for Personal Peace (Kryon, #1)
  • Discovering Your Personality Type: The Essential Introduction to the Enneagram, Revised and Expanded
  • Murphy's Law and Other Reasons Why Things Go Wrong
  • The Gods of the Greeks
  • The Neurotic Personality of Our Time
  • Here Comes the Bride (Sweet Valley University, #20)
  • Science of Being and Art of Living: Transcendental Meditation