Start by marking “Full Blast (Full #4)” as Want to Read:
Full Blast (Full #4)

Full Blast (Full #4)

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  11,301 Ratings  ·  248 Reviews
There's never a dull moment for the residents of Beaumont, South Carolina. Lately, a heat wave's spiked the mercury-and everyone's sex drive! These days, when Jamie runs into Max, it's all she can do not to tear his clothes off-and the feeling is mutual. But trouble seems to follow Max like moths to a flame, and Jamie suspects he's all wrong for her. Meanwhile, the lingeri ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 344 pages
Published April 19th 2004 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Full Blast, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Full Blast

Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaBet Me by Jennifer CrusieWallbanger by Alice ClaytonMatch Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsNatural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Humorous Romance Books
332nd out of 2,382 books — 5,434 voters
The Cost of Crude by Inge-Lise GossShades of Gray by Andy HollomanMateguas Island by Linda  WatkinsThe Gang Bust by Dorothy May MercerAmong the Shrouded by Amalie Jahn
Beach Reads - Mysteries & Thrillers
161st out of 626 books — 859 voters

More lists with this book...

Dec 12, 2008 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Fun light reads. Good stuff. I like the characters in these books and I think this series is the better of the non-Plum books. Read the number books first and then stray on over to these once you get a taste for the wonder and wackiness that is Janet Evanovich.
Kari Anderson
Mar 28, 2012 Kari Anderson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio-book
The Full Box is a four-book audio set. I previously listened to and reviewed Full House here on KariAnnAlysis. It was one of the first audio books I listened to. I’ll always turn to Janet Evanovich when I need a good, light read. That’s why I was thrilled when I found the rest of this series in a complete box.

Here’s a short synopsis of each book:

Full Tilt: Jamie Swift’s newspaper is running on fumes. If something doesn’t turn around soon, she will have to stop the presses. Her silent partner Max
Wendy
Jul 26, 2011 Wendy rated it really liked it
I'm most fond of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum mysteries and usually the "Full" series falls a bit short. This 4th installment, however, comes close with the quirky characters you grow so attached to, that Janet Evanovich is famous for.

So far, Full Blast is the funniest and steamiest in the series. There's certainly a couple parts you want to be sure to read by yourself, if you're prone to blushing!

A steamy romance, over-the-top characters, a car that costs 2 Million and has a talking compute
Cindi
Mar 03, 2015 Cindi rated it really liked it
Janet Evanovich has written another funny irreverent mystery that kept me guessing till the end. Her characters are so kooky and outrageous, you have to love them.
Annette
Nov 09, 2014 Annette rated it liked it
This is a funny book. Just what a reader expects from this writing team.

Jamie is a small town newspaper owner and her silent partner happens to be a very wealthy and very handsome man named Max.

He is an interesting character although a wee bit improbable. But, there is nothing that Max cannot do either with his technical knowledge or his immense wealth. His secretary is a computer program who develops symptoms of a pregnancy out of sympathy for a pregnant woman. As you can see, the story has unu
Tiffunee
Nov 15, 2012 Tiffunee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun read. . I love the characters in these books almost as more as the Plum books. Janet Evanovich is easily one of my favorite writers. She makes me laugh with her character hijinks and romance.

Full Blast does not disappoint. Holt, Jamie and Max have to battle raging hormones, a heat wave, a murderous villain, and non-stop attraction for each other in a novel where it’s not just the air conditioners going full blast!

Kris - My Novelesque Life
3 STARS

"There's never a dull moment for the residents of Beaumont, South Carolina. Lately, a heat wave's spiked the mercury-and everyone's sex drive! These days, when Jamie runs into Max, it's all she can do not to tear his clothes off-and the feeling is mutual. But trouble seems to follow Max like moths to a flame, and Jamie suspects he's all wrong for her. Meanwhile, the lingerie shop is having a sale on edible underwear, while the bakery's selling aphrodisiac-laced brownies and x-rated birthd
Sally Lindsay-briggs
Jan 24, 2015 Sally Lindsay-briggs rated it it was ok
I really love Janet Evanovich books. When she coauthors, like this one, the humor, the funky adventures and a certain je ne sais quoi leaked out. The identity of the perp who committed the murder was revealed (thank goodness). It was a well assembled puzzle. Overall, the read was just okay. I wanted to like it more.
Cindy
Feb 21, 2012 Cindy rated it really liked it
I like the story development between Max and Jamie. The plot line in this one is a little far-fetched, but still it's fun.

This has Jamie and Max chasing after a killer that has targeted women answering a personal ad from Jamie's newspaper. There's lots of fun and quirky situations.
Cyndi
Jul 10, 2015 Cyndi rated it it was amazing
Chasing a killer? Sounds about right. Loved this book. As usual, Janet Evanovich is top-grade.
Jaime
Jul 08, 2016 Jaime rated it liked it
This was another fun quick Evanovich read. The mystery here is closer to home than in the previous book, and it looks like Max and Jamie might actually be getting more serious. Not a lot of substance here, but enough fun to keep me reading!
Jaime
May 14, 2012 Jaime rated it liked it
I enjoyed the 4th in this "Full" series by Evanovich. Max Holt is sexy as always and the mystery the town was facing grabbed my attention. It was a quick read and I liked seeing the relationship between Max and Jamie Swift develop.
Rebecca
Jan 02, 2012 Rebecca rated it liked it
Not as funny as she can be, and I think I would have liked it better had I read it. I didn't like the voices the reader used. I would have used different ones in my head.

Ok, that made me sound a little weird. :)
Shauna Freeman
A fun and easy story with interesting characters and an ice cream eating dog. I liked the mystery aspect of it and really had no clue who the killer was which kept it from being predictable (which I find many of her other books). The multi-million dollar car with a Marilyn Monroe voice bothered me a tad bit. Sometimes I feel when things like this get introduced into books it's a bit of a cop out because typically things like that don't exist in real life and we have to find information on our ow ...more
Valerie Andrews
Oct 16, 2015 Valerie Andrews rated it liked it
Jamie's unsure about a lot of things: her newspaper's new personals column, a self-proclaimed psychic who's shown up on her doorstep, the dog she's adopted, the lingerie store that's just opened, Vera's new lust for life, her relationship with Max.

She IS sure she doesn't want DeeDee and Beenie moving in with her or the serial killings to continue. And she IS sure she wants Max. Now.

Are all these things related? Can this be some kind of divine judgment? How can this much drama be going on in slee
Jess Vezino
Jul 24, 2016 Jess Vezino rated it really liked it
As a whole this series is fantastic! It's never to long winded, and it always keeps you guessing.

I LOVE the creativity that got put into the car.. Who wouldn't want a car that sounds like marylyn Monroe?

If you like the Stephanie Plum series you will love these as well... If you're looking for a serious in depth murder novel.. Keep moving!

I read the series out of order, and it really didn't matter much what order you read them in, as long as you don't mind spoiling small details for yourself.
Sarai
Tara
Dec 26, 2010 Tara rated it liked it
Another day another Evanovich book. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I don't feel the zing between Max & Jamie. I want to. But it seems she thought she was in love with her fiance when she met Max, but then she decided she liked Max more, but not really because she didn't trust him completely. And she is obsessed with her job (much like Stephanie Plum) making constant stupid choices that put her safety at risk to accomplish them. Maybe it's the character's themselves. They seem a littl ...more
Anastasia
Aug 04, 2010 Anastasia rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2010, romance
This was my first time reading a romance by the Evanovich/Hughes duo and it was okay, hence the Goodreads 2-star rating (2 stars = it was okay). There were some entertaining aspects that made me smile and there were some blah parts that made it hard to get through.

Max is definitely my favorite aspect of of the book. I'll admit, he seems a bit unrealistic - a little TOO perfect with his uber richness, his computerized car with a personality, his private jet, etc... But he comes across as a genui
Erin
May 30, 2013 Erin rated it liked it
Well gee...where do I begin with this book? I liked it, probably because I like murder mysteries even if this wasn't the best one, because it's a rom com murder mystery, like its predecessors. And I usually enjoy the rom com parts too, but this one simultaneously intrigued and annoyed me. You know when a romance has been dragged out too long that by the time the couple gets together you shout "Finally!"? Yeah, this book did not elicit that reaction. I believe it was more along the lines of "What ...more
Elizabeth Noah Astle
Darla Stokes
Aug 06, 2012 Darla Stokes rated it liked it

First, a public service announcement: this is not a Stephanie Plum book. I figured I should post that right up front, since a good half of the reviewers on Amazon couldn't seem to grasp the concept. Okay, rant over. Deep breath.

This is the fourth in the series about Jamie Swift and Max Holt. Jamie runs a small-town newspaper and has just started a personals column. Then she's approached by a psychic named Destiny who's new to town, offering to write a psychic advice column for free. But before s
Louise
Apr 10, 2009 Louise rated it liked it
Shelves: women-s-fiction
Another amazing Evanovich novel!!

From back cover:
"There's never a dull moment for the residents of Beaumont, South Carolina. Lately, a heat wave's spiked the mercury and everyone's sex drive! These days, when Jamie runs into Max, it's all she can do not to tear his clothes off and the feeling is mutual.

Liesel
Aug 28, 2016 Liesel rated it it was ok
I guess all in all it was a page turner in that I wanted to know 'who dun nit' but overall I just felt it was a really juvenile storyline and writing style. I just felt like I kept wanting to scream at the characters to grow up. Admittedly I didn't realize this was a series so maybe if I had read the 3 previous I would have liked it more but all in all - not my cup of tea.
Nicole
Aug 28, 2014 Nicole rated it liked it
It was ok. I don't like reading series books out of order, but it seems like it doesn't matter in this case. Because they don't always follow the same characters. I like the main characters in this book. Would have liked to read the previous one with them first. Not sure if I'll continue this series or this author, although I seem to enjoy chic lit a lot more than mystery/ suspense these days
Anna
Feb 27, 2016 Anna rated it really liked it
It was a cute story. I really like Max and Jamie, they have great chemistry and they both need each other but are afraid to tell each other about their feelings because they might be rejected or they might not feel the same. It is funny in which everything these characters go through and how much trouble they can get into. I still say Muffin is my favorite character!
Jan
May 03, 2014 Jan rated it it was ok
I normally love Janet Evanovich books, this one, not so much.

Charlotte Hughes runs a newspaper, her boyfriend Max Holt is very rich, in between jetting off for dinner, taking in Max's sister in law and running the paper, Charlotte and Max try and find out, who is bumping off the ladies in town.
Zoe
Jul 04, 2016 Zoe rated it really liked it
I only gave this four stars because it was so slow to start with. Jamie and max finally got together and a chunk in the middle was all about having sex (yawn). It was the last 1/3 of the book that was the best and i loved it. It really started to heat up and i would never have guessed who the murderer was and it was there that i became gripped to the book
Melissa Reid
Aug 22, 2016 Melissa Reid rated it liked it
A fun 'fluff' read. A bit too sexy for my tastes, though. I tend to prefer the intrigue and innuendo over the act, and this book is full of action. Definitely would not want to read this one aloud to my mother!! Still, fun and funny with plot twists and surprises.
Rimma
Aug 28, 2014 Rimma rated it it was ok
Love the Janet style in her famous Stephany series, not so much in love with this one, to naivety not the same dynamic and humor is just not there. This is more a romans novel without much substance.
I am sorry just not something I will read or recommend
Join in the discussions! 1 7 Apr 30, 2009 10:33PM
  • Foul Play
  • The Plot Thickens (Fearless Jones, #0.5)
  • Nutcase (Crazy, #2)
  • Dirty Laundry (Sofie Metropolis, #2)
  • Don't Look Down
  • Perfectly Plum: Unauthorized Essays On the Life, Loves And Other Disasters of Stephanie Plum, Trenton Bounty Hunter
  • Simply Scandalous (Simply, #2)
  • Wild at Heart  (The DeMarco Family, #2)
  • The Corset Diaries
  • Gone With the Nerd (Nerds, #4)
  • Tempt Me If You Can (Sinclair Brothers, #2)
  • Pearl Jinx (Jinx, #2; Cajun, #6)
  • 3 Men and a Body (Body Movers, #3)
  • Bubbles Betrothed (Bubbles Yablonsky, #5)
  • Undercover in High Heels (High Heels, #3)
More about Janet Evanovich...

Full (6 books)