Start by marking “Psychology, MyPsychLab Edition [with MyPsychLab Pegasus & eText Access Code]” as Want to Read:
Psychology, MyPsychLab Edition [with MyPsychLab Pegasus & eText Access Code]

Psychology, MyPsychLab Edition [with MyPsychLab Pegasus & eText Access Code]

3.62  ·  Rating Details  ·  220 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Using the APA undergraduate psychology learning outcomes, the author establishes clear learning objectives for readers and ties the text assessment to these objectives. Praised for a very engaging writing style, comprehensive coverage of key research, and strong pedagogical features, Ciccarelli focuses on getting students to actually read their textbook. Student feedback f ...more
Unknown Binding
Published by Pearson (first published November 1st 2005)

Be the first to ask a question about Psychology, MyPsychLab Edition [with MyPsychLab Pegasus & eText Access Code]

Dehviant
Oct 25, 2011 Dehviant rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I used it for my 2011 fall semester. It isn't a bad book to use. The terms are right at hand instead in the side margins, good explanations and examples through out. And the end of the chapter summaries are well put together, actually making it easier to study for your tests. (If you're using this for class.) Otherwise, it's a good starter book overall if you're wanting to study up on a bit of psychology.
Jennifer Tacbas
May 05, 2009 Jennifer Tacbas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An easy-to-read textbook which presents its material in a fun, fresh manner.
Rylan McQuade
Some parts (especially 2, 4, and 6) were very interesting. The best parts focused on the biological aspects of Psychology. Thankfully, not much emphasis was placed on Freud, and when he was mentioned, he was just as soon dismissed. His ideas (mentioned briefly in Chap. 13) are fascinating, but the author admits that they are mostly unsupported by research. In fact, Freud ran no experiments to test his conclusions: he merely observed his "patients" and pieced together the whole system of the id, ...more
Jay Brand
Mar 25, 2016 Jay Brand rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great review of the fascinating discipline of psychology using the historical time-line of major events in psychology to inform the entire narrative and provide context for recent developments and ongoing controversies.
Imania Margria
May 25, 2016 Imania Margria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very helpful textbook on psychology
W
Dec 31, 2011 W rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: textbooks
If this is the same one I used in my psych class, this book is fantastic. The examples were always easy to understand and interesting to read. The set-up of the book was very clear and organized. I loved the introductions to the chapters and the end of the chapter/section quizzes were definitely helpful. I'd definitely recommend this book to a professor and hope that they'd use it.
Alyssa Wayt
Dec 21, 2014 Alyssa Wayt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Had to read this entire textbook this semester... so I am definitely counting it! xD But I loved it, I love psychology and it is such an interesting topic, the whole book was great.
Tormlen
May 03, 2011 Tormlen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For a textbook, this is really well written and engaging. Usually with textbooks, I'll have to force myself to read, barely keeping up with the class. This is not an issue with this text.
Jonathan B
Jul 28, 2011 Jonathan B rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psychology
Not as good as the Myers books I used in college, but covered a lot of the same material, arriving at the same conclusions. A good refresher.
Mary Baxter
Mar 18, 2011 Mary Baxter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: academic-reading
I really enjoyed this updated edition of Psyc. 101. The online resources were fantastic. One of the best written text's I've used.

Koko Nata
One of the books used in the General Psychology courses at the Faculty of Psychology, University of Indonesia
Rheena
May 05, 2012 Rheena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
easy to read textbook with elaborate dicussions
with diagrams, illustrations and pictures
Erika
May 31, 2015 Erika rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: school
I really loved this book. It made Psychology class so easy to comprehend.
Sabrina Davis
Dec 01, 2015 Sabrina Davis rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: college
Decent textbook for beginning psychology.
Debs DiGiorgio
It's for school, not my choice.
Brandon
Apr 29, 2014 Brandon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
How do I download ?!?
Lambzann
Text I teach with. Love it!
Gwen Togonon
Sep 09, 2015 Gwen Togonon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
Read
Caress Saavedra
Caress Saavedra rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2016
Arto
Arto added it
Jul 11, 2016
Johnny Wilson
Johnny Wilson rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2016
Meg
Meg is currently reading it
Jun 27, 2016
Ashu Bhargav
Ashu Bhargav is currently reading it
Jun 26, 2016
Dinko
Dinko marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Martha
Martha marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
Ricky Manibo
Ricky Manibo marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
  • Algebra
  • University Physics with Modern Physics
  • Kokology 2: More of the Game of Self-Discovery
  • An Introduction to Theories of Personality
  • Forty Studies That Changed Psychology: Explorations into the History of Psychological Research
  • The Atmosphere: An Introduction to Meteorology