Start by marking “Perfectly Plum: Unauthorized Essays On the Life, Loves And Other Disasters of Stephanie Plum, Trenton Bounty Hunter” as Want to Read:

Perfectly Plum: Unauthorized Essays On the Life, Loves And Other Disasters of Stephanie Plum, Trenton Bounty Hunter (Smart Pop)

3.53  ·  Rating Details  ·  220 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Speculating about the cultural metaphors in Janet Evanovich’s wildly popular mystery series (which includes 11 books, from One for the Money to Eleven on Top), this anthology takes a look at lingerie-buyer-turned-bounty-hunter Stephanie Plum and catalogs her bad luck with cars (she’s blown up quite a few), her good luck with men, her unorthodox approach to weapon storage, ...more
Paperback, Smart Pop, 185 pages
Published May 11th 2007 by BenBella Books

To ask other readers questions about Perfectly Plum, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfectly Plum

Marla
Jan 31, 2012 Marla rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-library
I bought this book for two reasons, it was super-duper cheap for only $0.89 and Leah Wilson was the editor. I'd previously read another book she was the editor of, In the Hunt: Unauthorized Essays on Supernatural, and quite enjoyed it. I didn't enjoy this one quite as much, but that is due to the fact that I love all things Supernatural and I'm pretty much reading the Stephanie Plum books for Ranger. I enjoyed the obviously Ranger themed essays, Ranger as a fairy godmother, totally true!, and wh ...more
Sandi
Mar 30, 2012 Sandi rated it did not like it
Shelves: first-reads
It's not that Perfectly Plum doesn't have funny moments, it's more that it reads like somebody's (or rather lots of somebody's) term papers. After the second essay, I felt like I was grading English exams and the book lost it's sparkle for me. To be honest, I didn't even bother to finish reading it.

The essays themselves were sometimes funny or thought provoking, but this one was too much like an English assignment for me and not in a great way.
Sue
Oct 13, 2008 Sue rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Stephanie Plum fans
Definitely fun to read if you are a Stephanie Plum fan. This book psycho-analyzes the characters in the series as if they were real people.
Vicki
Mar 12, 2013 Vicki rated it liked it
Others people's opinions on a fictional character and the crazy life she led. They're okay. But, I'd rather read more real Stephanie Plum books.
Laurie
Jun 02, 2014 Laurie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Yikes. Read a few chapters and thought I was reading someone's homework assignment. I'm done with this one.
Amanda
Apr 27, 2012 Amanda rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This book was provided to me free of charge by the pubishers. When I started this book I wasn't into it and didn't like the concept. I thought it was silly to read a book about the Plum books. It took me a few chapters, but I eventually came around to the book and found myself laughing, agreeing with the authors and really looking at the Plum series differently. My only complaint is that the book only covers up to the 12th book in the series and I'm anxiously waiting for number 19 to come out! I ...more
Jill Porter
Mar 28, 2015 Jill Porter rated it liked it
Shelves: mysteries
I read it because I enjoyed the series. It was not as interesting.
Marie
Aug 12, 2012 Marie rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
After reading the description of this book my curiousity got the best of me and I decided to enter the first-reads giveaway. To my surprise I am a winner! This book is a series of essays discussing particular elements of the Stephanie Plum book series. I must admit that I have not read any books in the series however after reading these essays I will be off to the library to get the first book.
Gina
Sep 04, 2010 Gina rated it it was ok
A collection of essays by authors that have spent way too much time analyzing the Stephanie Plum universe. It's interesting that this book was written after #12 in the series, I wonder if they still feel the same now, after Sizzling Sixteen-which didn't Sizzle.

Some were funny, some weren't. Mostly it gave me more authors to investigate and see if I'd like their stuff.
Jane
Nov 17, 2013 Jane rated it it was amazing
What a kick! Especially the three articles comparing the 'three men' in Stephanie's life: Morelli, Ranger, and her hamster. One author for each male.
Me, I always vote for Ranger!!!
Carol Stanley-Snow
Apr 07, 2012 Carol Stanley-Snow rated it it was amazing
IF U R A STEPHANIE PLUM FAN, U WILL LOVE THIS WALK DOWN MEMORY LANE. VERY FUNNY & INSIGHTFUL. REALLY HITS THE NAIL ON THE HEAD. A MUST READ.
Melanie
Sep 23, 2011 Melanie rated it it was ok
Not as bad as some have made it out to be, but not all that good either.
Bcoghill Coghill
Sep 26, 2011 Bcoghill Coghill rated it liked it
Always fun to read about the disaster which is S. Plum.
Stephanie
This book was perfect for reading on the bus.
Allie Wyant
Allie Wyant marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
Glenn A. Legge
Glenn A. Legge marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Pat Winter
Pat Winter marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Lorna Ward
Lorna Ward rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2016
leigh anne allen
leigh anne allen marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
DeShawn Latta
DeShawn Latta marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Vickie
Vickie marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Leanne
Leanne marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Beatrice M
Beatrice M marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Tina
Tina rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2016
Tima
Tima marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Colleen Oberhansley
Colleen Oberhansley rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Teresa L Templeton
Teresa L Templeton rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2016
Pam Desjardine
Pam Desjardine marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Jana Leah
Jana Leah marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
  • This Is Chick-lit
  • Totally Charmed: Demons/ Whitelighters/ Power of Three
  • Getting Lost: Survival, Baggage, and Starting Over in J. J. Abrams' Lost (Smart Pop series)
  • Have You Met Stephanie Plum?
  • Batman Unauthorized: Vigilantes, Jokers, and Heroes in Gotham City
  • The Psychology of the Simpsons: D'oh!
  • Boarding the Enterprise: Transporters, Tribbles, And the Vulcan Death Grip in Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek
  • The Anthology at the End of the Universe: Leading Science Fiction Authors on Douglas Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
  • Alias Assumed: Sex, Lies and SD-6
  • The Psychology of Joss Whedon: An Unauthorized Exploration
  • Whips, Cuffs, and Little Brown Boxes (Lilly M., #1)
  • Black Lace Quickies 7
  • White Hot Holidays Volume 2
  • Shooting Stars and Other Deadly Things (Carrie Carlin - Book 3)
  • Perfect Kisses
  • Got a Minute?: Sixty Second Erotica
  • Dreams of the Oasis Volume II
  • Neptune Noir: Unauthorized Investigations into Veronica Mars
Leah Wilson is Editor-in-Chief of the Smart Pop imprint of Dallas-based publisher BenBella Books. She graduated from Duke University in 2003 with a degree in Culture and Modern Fiction, and lives in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Fall season premiere schedules make her a little giddy.

(Her author blog is the main blog for Smart Pop's website, and she'll be using this Goodreads account in part to do some
More about Leah Wilson...

Smart Pop (1 - 10 of 33 books)
  • Alias Assumed: Sex, Lies and SD-6
  • Batman Unauthorized: Vigilantes, Jokers, and Heroes in Gotham City
  • The Battle for Azeroth: Adventure, Alliance, And Addiction Insights into the World of Warcraft
  • Coffee at Luke's: An Unauthorized Gilmore Girls Gabfest
  • Farscape Forever! Sex, Drugs and Killer Muppets
  • Finding Serenity: Anti-Heroes, Lost Shepherds and Space Hookers in Joss Whedon's Firefly
  • Grey's Anatomy 101: Seattle Grace, Unauthorized