Start by marking “Perfectly Plum: Unauthorized Essays On the Life, Loves And Other Disasters of Stephanie Plum, Trenton Bounty Hunter” as Want to Read:

Perfectly Plum: Unauthorized Essays On the Life, Loves And Other Disasters of Stephanie Plum, Trenton Bounty Hunter (Smart Pop)

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  202 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Speculating about the cultural metaphors in Janet Evanovich’s wildly popular mystery series (which includes 11 books, from One for the Money to Eleven on Top), this anthology takes a look at lingerie-buyer-turned-bounty-hunter Stephanie Plum and catalogs her bad luck with cars (she’s blown up quite a few), her good luck with men, her unorthodox approach to weapon storage, ...more
Paperback, Smart Pop, 185 pages
Published May 11th 2007 by BenBella Books

To ask other readers questions about Perfectly Plum, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfectly Plum

I bought this book for two reasons, it was super-duper cheap for only $0.89 and Leah Wilson was the editor. I'd previously read another book she was the editor of, In the Hunt: Unauthorized Essays on Supernatural, and quite enjoyed it. I didn't enjoy this one quite as much, but that is due to the fact that I love all things Supernatural and I'm pretty much reading the Stephanie Plum books for Ranger. I enjoyed the obviously Ranger themed essays, Ranger as a fairy godmother, totally true!, and wh ...more
Oct 13, 2008 Sue rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Stephanie Plum fans
Definitely fun to read if you are a Stephanie Plum fan. This book psycho-analyzes the characters in the series as if they were real people.
This book was provided to me free of charge by the pubishers. When I started this book I wasn't into it and didn't like the concept. I thought it was silly to read a book about the Plum books. It took me a few chapters, but I eventually came around to the book and found myself laughing, agreeing with the authors and really looking at the Plum series differently. My only complaint is that the book only covers up to the 12th book in the series and I'm anxiously waiting for number 19 to come out! I ...more
Jill Porter
I read it because I enjoyed the series. It was not as interesting.
It's not that Perfectly Plum doesn't have funny moments, it's more that it reads like somebody's (or rather lots of somebody's) term papers. After the second essay, I felt like I was grading English exams and the book lost it's sparkle for me. To be honest, I didn't even bother to finish reading it.

The essays themselves were sometimes funny or thought provoking, but this one was too much like an English assignment for me and not in a great way.
Yikes. Read a few chapters and thought I was reading someone's homework assignment. I'm done with this one.
After reading the description of this book my curiousity got the best of me and I decided to enter the first-reads giveaway. To my surprise I am a winner! This book is a series of essays discussing particular elements of the Stephanie Plum book series. I must admit that I have not read any books in the series however after reading these essays I will be off to the library to get the first book.
A collection of essays by authors that have spent way too much time analyzing the Stephanie Plum universe. It's interesting that this book was written after #12 in the series, I wonder if they still feel the same now, after Sizzling Sixteen-which didn't Sizzle.

Some were funny, some weren't. Mostly it gave me more authors to investigate and see if I'd like their stuff.
What a kick! Especially the three articles comparing the 'three men' in Stephanie's life: Morelli, Ranger, and her hamster. One author for each male.
Me, I always vote for Ranger!!!
Carol Stanley-Snow
Others people's opinions on a fictional character and the crazy life she led. They're okay. But, I'd rather read more real Stephanie Plum books.
Not as bad as some have made it out to be, but not all that good either.
Bcoghill Coghill
Always fun to read about the disaster which is S. Plum.
This book was perfect for reading on the bus.
Wendy marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2015
Harvvie Jane
Harvvie Jane marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2015
Karien Jv Rensburg
Karien Jv Rensburg marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2015
Marianne marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2015
Sara Warren
Sara Warren marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2015
Rita marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2015
Марионела marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2015
Debbie Patterson
Debbie Patterson marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2015
Sherri F.
Sherri F. marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2015
Vernon Dodo
Vernon Dodo marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2015
  • This Is Chick-lit
  • Have You Met Stephanie Plum?
  • Totally Charmed: Demons/ Whitelighters/ Power of Three
  • Batman Unauthorized: Vigilantes, Jokers, and Heroes in Gotham City
  • The Psychology of the Simpsons: D'oh!
  • The Anthology at the End of the Universe: Leading Science Fiction Authors on Douglas Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
  • Alias Assumed: Sex, Lies and SD-6
  • Star Wars on Trial: Science Fiction And Fantasy Writers Debate the Most Popular Science Fiction Films of All Time
  • Black Lace Quickies 7
  • Neptune Noir: Unauthorized Investigations into Veronica Mars
  • The Psychology of Joss Whedon: An Unauthorized Exploration
  • Dreams of the Oasis Volume II
  • White Hot Holidays Volume 2
  • Perfect Kisses
  • Sharks, Jellyfish, and Other Deadly Things (Carrie Carlin - Book 2)
  • Whips, Cuffs, and Little Brown Boxes (Lilly M., #1)
  • Got a Minute?: Sixty Second Erotica
  • Alluring Tales: Hot Holiday Nights
Leah Wilson is Editor-in-Chief of the Smart Pop imprint of Dallas-based publisher BenBella Books. She graduated from Duke University in 2003 with a degree in Culture and Modern Fiction, and lives in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Fall season premiere schedules make her a little giddy.

(Her author blog is the main blog for Smart Pop's website, and she'll be using this Goodreads account in part to do some
More about Leah Wilson...

Smart Pop (1 - 10 of 33 books)
  • Alias Assumed: Sex, Lies and SD-6
  • Batman Unauthorized: Vigilantes, Jokers, and Heroes in Gotham City
  • The Battle for Azeroth: Adventure, Alliance, And Addiction Insights into the World of Warcraft
  • Boarding the Enterprise: Transporters, Tribbles, And the Vulcan Death Grip in Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek
  • Coffee at Luke's: An Unauthorized Gilmore Girls Gabfest
  • Farscape Forever! Sex, Drugs and Killer Muppets
  • Finding Serenity: Anti-Heroes, Lost Shepherds and Space Hookers in Joss Whedon's Firefly
  • Getting Lost: Survival, Baggage, and Starting Over in J. J. Abrams' Lost (Smart Pop series)
  • Grey's Anatomy 101: Seattle Grace, Unauthorized