Start by marking “Fanatic!: Songs Lists and Notes from the Harmony In My Head Radio Show” as Want to Read:
Fanatic!: Songs Lists and Notes from the Harmony In My Head Radio Show

Fanatic!: Songs Lists and Notes from the Harmony In My Head Radio Show

In 2004, when legendary Los Angeles radio station Indie 103.1 asked Henry Rollins to host a show, he jumped at the chance. He chose the name “Harmony in My Head,” based on his favorite Buzzcocks tune. As lead man for Black Flag, Rollins was present at the raw beginnings of punk and knew many of its stars. But Rollins’ taste encompassed more than punk, and the show became a ...more
Published September 14th 2006 by 2.13.61

To ask other readers questions about Fanatic!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fanatic!

Mike
Nov 18, 2007 Mike rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people who dig good radio and good music
Yep, Henry in full-on fanboy mode about his record collection inflicted on the masses. Like a better version of anything I've ever said about my radio show in college.
Zoli
Apr 24, 2011 Zoli rated it really liked it
This book is liner notes and information for each song from the first season of the radio show by the man himself, Mr. Rollins, Hank. A great mixture of all different kinds of music put together to highly interesting shows week after week. True, with every other song it's a story of how Rollins' has had this or that record for almost 30 years that's nowhere to be found anymore, or how he's seen this or that band in, like, 1982, and how everyone who hadn't seen them back in the day missed out on ...more
Chriss
Jul 16, 2008 Chriss rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This book is just what the title says it is - song lists and notes from Harmony In My Head, Rollins' radio show. If you're not into punk rock, the good stuff, you won't like the show nor the book. I enjoy it because I can easily flip to any page and learn little anecdotes about the songs, albums, bands, etc. that I've been listening to for many years.
Katherine
A great collection of Henry's personal liner notes to his radio show. Some of the notes are more about Henry than the artists but are entertaining nonetheless. I'm not a huge fan of his prose though.
Jeffrey Bumiller
Nov 05, 2013 Jeffrey Bumiller rated it really liked it
A highly enjoyable book for any music fanatic! These are Henry Rollins' notes from his radio show, "Harmony in My Head" While he does go overboard on a few bands (The Fall, UK Subs, Generation X, The Ramones) who can really complain? The man has great taste.
Chance
Aug 02, 2008 Chance marked it as to-read
Don't think this book is fore straight reading, though it could be... I have it as a reference book... For music ideas.
Joe Natoli
Sep 26, 2012 Joe Natoli rated it it was amazing
It was awesome to see proof that Henry is as fanatical OCD about music as I am -- thoroughly enjoyable if you're a music geek :-)
Thomas
Oct 26, 2009 Thomas rated it really liked it
Shelves: henry-rollins
Actually read all three volumes and found the series to be enlightening.
Christoph Hellmuth
Apr 20, 2013 Christoph Hellmuth rated it it was amazing
Great book to explore new and intense music.
Owen
Mar 30, 2009 Owen rated it really liked it
Recommended to Owen by: Devowasright
Gaaaah! I can't put this down, and I know that the second I do I'm going to want to go record hunting! A great book/shopping list if you're at all interested in the subject matter.
Sonya s.
Jan 18, 2010 Sonya s. rated it really liked it
this is based on his radio show titled "harmony in my head". he lists all the songs he used on each show and why he chose them.
Richard Ladew
Richard Ladew rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2008
Kristy
Kristy rated it it was ok
Apr 02, 2012
Gavin O'neill
Gavin O'neill rated it liked it
Nov 24, 2011
Amy Emmert
Amy Emmert rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2014
Laura rated it it was ok
Jul 03, 2016
Justin
Justin rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2013
Just Sonny
Just Sonny rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2014
Thetoddball
Thetoddball rated it it was amazing
Sep 29, 2008
Peter
Peter rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2009
Mary-jane
Mary-jane rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2013
Ankita
Ankita rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2015
Gina Carey
Gina Carey rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2015
JP
JP rated it it was ok
Nov 05, 2014
Paul Young
Paul Young rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2014
Aude Lising
Aude Lising rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2013
Edwina
Edwina rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2008
Joe
Joe rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2008
Ed
Ed rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2012
Adam
Adam rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2012
  • Syd Barrett: A Very Irregular Head
  • An American Demon: A Memoir
  • I Need More
  • Double Nickels on the Dime
  • No Such Thing as Silence: John Cage's 4'33"
  • J Dilla's Donuts
  • Captain Beefheart: The Biography
  • Under Their Thumb: How a Nice Boy from Brooklyn Got Mixed Up with the Rolling Stones (and Lived to Tell About It)
  • Devo's Freedom of Choice
  • Hüsker Dü: The Story of the Noise-Pop Pioneers Who Launched Modern Rock
  • Trout Mask Replica
Henry Rollins (born Henry Lawrence Garfield; often referred to simply as Rollins) is an American singer-songwriter, spoken word artist, author, actor and publisher.

After joining the short-lived Washington, D.C. band State of Alert in 1980, Rollins fronted the Californian hardcore punk band Black Flag from 1981 until 1986. Following the band's breakup, Rollins soon established the record label and
More about Henry Rollins...