Stairway to a Secret

Stairway to a Secret

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  5 reviews
An American girl spends a romantic year in London visiting her godmother.
Published 1953 by E.P. Dutton & Co.

To ask other readers questions about Stairway to a Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stairway to a Secret

CLM
Mar 31, 2010 CLM rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to CLM by: Jan
Shelves: ya, uk, 20th-century, re-read
It was growing dark, and across London, one by one, the lights were winking on. Catharine Ann Carpenter, walking past Berkeley Square toward Piccadilly, glanced with surprise at her watch. It couldn't be dusk yet...

It wasn't. It was just three o'clock. But the afternoon was already so dim that she could scarcely see the outlines of the gazebo at the center of the Square; or, fastened to the house railings, the famous black iron link extinguishers where footmen had once snuffed their torches of f...more
Michelle Newell
One of my favorite books as a young teen! I still reread it periodically, and enjoy it all over again.
Jan
Nov 19, 2008 Jan rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: clm (constance)
Shelves: mystery, romance
A more impartial reviewer may give this book a 2 or 3, but I found this little mystery/romance set in post WWII England as charming as when I read and reread it as a teen. And reread it. And reread it.
Bev
I've enjoyed this lightweight romantic suspense novel since my junior high school days. I keep re-reading it to get a picture of London.
Eunira
Jun 30, 2010 Eunira added it
YA, read in the sixties.
Abigail Mcknight
Abigail Mcknight marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2012
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2010
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2010
The Golden Hill Mystery The tower in the sky The Singing Wind The Silver Cricket