Start by marking “Hershey's Kisses: Multiplication and Division” as Want to Read:
Hershey's Kisses: Multiplication and Division

Hershey's Kisses: Multiplication and Division (Jerry Pallotta Math Books)

Each page is an simple illustration of the multiplication or division problem using different color Hershey's kisses. The last page is the standard 1 - 10 multiplication table using the different color kisses. NO CANDY NEEDS TO BE CONSUMED! This is a great, easy visual learning experience.
Unknown Binding, 30 pages
Published January 1st 2003 by Scholastic Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Hershey's Kisses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hershey's Kisses

NebraskaIcebergs
Nov 06, 2015 NebraskaIcebergs rated it it was amazing
Back in my days of teaching math, The Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Multiplication Book had long been part of my classes. Right inside this picture book is a scrawled note: “Your teacher is not in school today. Please report to the art room for math class.” When the actual text begins, students are advised to count the sections of the bar but then told there’s an easier way to find the total: multiplication! Pallotta has young people drawing candy bars, sculpting candy bars, creating candy bars out o ...more
Gordon Pennington
Oct 03, 2011 Gordon Pennington rated it it was ok
Shelves: concept-book
Hershey's Kisses: Multiplication and Division is a concept book that shows children (or anyone learning math, really) how to multiply and divide. It uses Hershey's kisses as the props used to help do the math. Overall this book served its purpose: it helps give a better concept of why one multiplies or divides and how. The pictures in the book are easy to look at and the illustrator does a good job of giving a visual look at the numbers. I will say that on an empty stomach this book is a little ...more
Ramanda Flannery
Oct 04, 2011 Ramanda Flannery rated it it was amazing
This book is about doing multiplication and division using hershey kisses candy to simplify mathmatical problems.
This is a great book for teaching kids how to multiply and divide using fun visual aides. My four year old didn't really get the concept, but he really liked all the pictures of candy.
Katie Curry
Oct 03, 2011 Katie Curry rated it it was ok
Shelves: concept-book
This book is about using multiplication and division to simplify strenuous addition problems through the use of Hershey's kisses candy.
I would use this book in my classroom to simplify mathematical problems with my students.
Becca Dunlap
Oct 04, 2011 Becca Dunlap rated it really liked it
Shelves: concept-books
Multiplication and Division are made fun in this interactive Hershey's Kiss book. Wonderful idea for a lesson espically if your school is allowed to bring some real Kisses in, if not cut outs could work too!
Rose
Oct 12, 2011 Rose rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-book, concept
This is a concept book that helps teach multiplication and division using Hershey kisses. It is a fun way for the kids to become interactive with learning math.
Shelbi Bishop
Nov 27, 2011 Shelbi Bishop rated it really liked it
Shelves: concept-book
This book shows a new way for students to understand multiplication and division. You could use Hershey Kisses as manipulitives while reading that way the students could enjoy them afterward.
Stephanie Allen
This book uses Hershey's Kisses to teach children about multiplication and division. This allows children to think about something tangible when trying to understand these concepts.
Callie Risse
Oct 09, 2011 Callie Risse rated it really liked it
There is no better way to get students excited by math than to teach it using candy. This book uses illustrations and hershey's kisses to teach the concepts of multiplication and division.
Ashley Fortson
Oct 09, 2011 Ashley Fortson rated it liked it
Shelves: concept
This book would be great in the classroom when learning multiplication and division. You can even give the kids chocolate and have them do math with it before you let them eat it.
Michael D.
This book is good for introducing young students to multiplication and division. It gives way to creative and innovative approaches to teaching these basic mathematical concepts.
Michele
Michele rated it liked it
May 24, 2013
Sarah rated it it was ok
Jan 24, 2015
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2015
Angel
Angel rated it liked it
May 15, 2014
Rowen Wagner
Rowen Wagner rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2013
Brandi Coyle
Brandi Coyle rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2009
Andria
Andria rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2011
Roxanne
Roxanne rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2016
Meredith
Meredith rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2016
April
April rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2015
Madison Nabors
Madison Nabors rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2016
Amy Burch
Oct 25, 2011 Amy Burch rated it it was amazing
Shelves: concept-book
A book on how to multiply and divide by using Hershey's kisses. A great book for visual learners!
Courtney Munger
Courtney Munger rated it it was ok
Feb 15, 2015
Naomi
Naomi marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2009
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
May 09, 2010
Norma
Norma marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2012
Mimi
Mimi marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2013
Chuck Laughlin
Chuck Laughlin marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2013
Jillian
Jillian marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2013
Janet
Janet added it
Jun 29, 2013
Taylor
Taylor added it
Dec 27, 2014
Brittany Morris
Brittany Morris marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Yasmin
Yasmin marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Alena Peterson
Alena Peterson marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Ranjana
Ranjana marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Mariela Truitt
Mariela Truitt marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Jboswell
Jboswell marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2015
M
M marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2016
My full name is Gerard Larry Pallotta but my mom always called me "Jerry". I was born on March 26, 1953 in Boston, Massachusetts. My mom's name is Mary, and she came from a family of ten children. My dad's name is Joe, and he came from a family of five children. My grandparents were immigrants of Italian descent. I have the nicest parents in the world. They have always been unselfish and ready to ...more
More about Jerry Pallotta...

Jerry Pallotta Math Books (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Apple Fractions
  • Count to a Million
  • The Icky Bug Counting Book
  • Icky Bug Numbers
  • Adding Fractions
  • Reese's Pieces Count By Tens
  • Hershey's Milk Chocolate Multiplication Book
  • Multiplication
  • From Addition To Multiplication (Hershey's Chocolate Math)
  • Pizza Fractions