Start by marking “Invincible, Vol. 6: A Different World” as Want to Read:
Invincible, Vol. 6: A Different World

Invincible, Vol. 6: A Different World (Invincible #6)

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  1,428 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Mark is brought to another planet in order to save it. Is he their only hope - or the source of the worst disaster to ever befall them? Collects Invincible #25-30
Published June 1st 2006 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Invincible, Vol. 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Invincible, Vol. 6

John Mccubbin
Robert Kirkman puts the series into overdrive with this volume, with it being suspenseful, exciting, dramatic and anything else that makes comics exciting. It is however the dramatic and emotional side of the volume that has the most impact, with the interaction between Mark and his father being simply outstanding. There's also some astonishing action, that adds a lot of liveliness to the series, creating some terrific build-up for the series' future. On top of this there's a new character intro ...more
Arminzerella
Michael Church
In the standard sketch section at the end of this book, Kirkman points out he was worried that someone would anticipate the big twist in this book, but I HAD NO CLUE. I'm so glad that this book doesn't get the same kind of press as DC and Marvel titles because it means I don't have spoilers for every story arc popping up and ruining things.

Like the cover description says, the events of this book will change Mark's life forever. It's handled pretty damn well. The reactions are believable and the
Jeffrey
Mark is called into space to help an alien world fight off the Viltrumites. But who knows to ask for Mark's help and how will Marks' family, friends, and the entire planet fare without him?

One of the things that comics frequently are lazy about is the impact that absence has. When Peter Parker gets drug off to Latveria or the Beyonder zone or wherever, things are pretty much the same when he gets back. Not so for Robert Kirkman's Invincible. Some comics have broken down the concept of the superh
Sean
Robert Kirkman has such an amazing grasp of the characters in this world he has created. Mark always sounds like Mark and that isn't as easy as it sounds. Here we a long needed reunion that doesn't end well for almost anyone. The background characters are given many chances to steal scenes and they do for the most part but at times I feel there are just too many supporting characters. They don't get enough panels in each trade that readers almost forget what's going on with them. The art is the ...more
Shaun
Great artwork and plot. The return of Nolan, I hope this means more with the Viltrumites.
Ian
It's the closest the series has come to following the (awesome) ramifications that it's set up for itself, and after so much water-treading, it's nice to be back on track.

It's a little disappointing, how forced the dynamic between Nolan and Mark feels. It's as if Nolan's never met Mark before but is willing to give this whole "fatherhood" thing a try--but the guy's only been gone a year, at most.
Fizzgig76
Reprints Invincible #25-30. Mark heads to space on a mission and finds his father. This is one of the better books of Invincible. The return of Omni-Man made for an interesting storyline and the introduction of Mark's brother also has interesting ramifications. The unique thing about Invincible is that the characters' pasts actually come into play a lot and this book is a prime example.
Lance Howard
Mark heads to space to save a planet and finds himself seeing someone he wasn't expecting, not to mention facing foes who are even more powerful than anyone he has ever faced.

A fast paced action story that adds interesting new dynamics for Mark in the story and shows us Invincible is not as tough as we thought, which always makes a character more interesting.
Steve
Welson Chang
Invincible: A Different World collects issues 25 - 30 of the monthly series and follows the adventures of Invincible (aka Mark Grayson) as he goes to another world to save it from an alien threat.
I'm trying not to put spoilers in so you have to go read the book yourself. Yes, it's that entertaining.
matt
This series never fails to surprise. It feels like the author has so many stories to tell- that he just can barely contain his excitement. There are so many exciting developments here -and it still leaves the reader hungry for what comes next -- a truly great superhero comic.
CuriousLibrarian
There is not a lot I can say about this trade without major spoilers. So I will simply say that it is one of the most powerful arcs in the run so far, and certainly the bloodiest. Excellent reading.
Eric
Aug 03, 2009 Eric rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: comics
Another great surprise and more shades to the characters. I can see why it can become addicting :) And I think the world needs more Science Dog.
Meaghan
It's actually hard to believe this is the same writer who does The Walking Dead. The writing in Invincible is much, much better.
Vivek
I don't want to ruin anything, but this one was great, I'd give it 3.5 stars if I could. Mark comes into his won as a hero.
Brandice
Definitely one of my favorite volumes. GREAT stuff. :) I'm anxious to start reading the next volume of this series.
Adam
The introduction of Mark's brother in a very cool twist. Kirkman really has a handle on the chracter and this genre.
Charlie Stubblefield
Enjoyed it. This title always puts out quality stuff.
Martin
The best of the Invincible series I've read so far.
Joe
I don't know how they do it..they do it well.
Paul bailey
The quality level has not dipped one bit
Oliver
What? this is a strange family
Kevin
He's ba-a-a-ack!
Read1 Everyday
Read1 Everyday marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
  • Invincible Presents Atom Eve & Rex Splode Volume 1
  • Powers, Vol. 9: Psychotic
  • Ex Machina, Vol. 3: Fact v. Fiction  (Ex Machina, #3)
  • Supreme Power, Volume 1: Contact
  • Irredeemable, Vol. 1
  • Morning Glories, Vol. 2: All Will Be Free
More about Robert Kirkman...

Invincible (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Invincible, Vol. 1: Family Matters
  • Invincible, Vol. 2: Eight Is Enough
  • Invincible, Vol. 3: Perfect Strangers
  • Invincible, Vol. 4: Head of the Class
  • Invincible, Vol. 5: The Facts of Life
  • Invincible, Vol. 7: Three's Company
  • Invincible, Vol. 8: My Favorite Martian
  • Invincible, Vol. 9: Out of This World
  • Invincible, Vol. 10: Who's the Boss?
  • Invincible, Vol. 11: Happy Days
The Walking Dead, Vol. 01: Days Gone Bye The Walking Dead, Compendium 1 The Walking Dead, Book One The Walking Dead, Vol. 02: Miles Behind Us The Walking Dead, Vol. 08: Made to Suffer