Start by marking “Invincible, Vol. 6: A Different World” as Want to Read:
Invincible, Vol. 6: A Different World

Invincible, Vol. 6: A Different World (Invincible #6)

4.3  ·  Rating Details ·  1,826 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
Mark is brought to another planet in order to save it. Is he their only hope - or the source of the worst disaster to ever befall them? Collects Invincible #25-30
Published June 1st 2006 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Invincible, Vol. 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Invincible, Vol. 6

James DeSantis
Nov 16, 2016 James DeSantis rated it really liked it
The series picks up speed, getting into my favorite arcs soon. However, this one is nothing to swat away.

Guess who's back? Nolan's back! Very exciting. To see son and father meet again, on edge, keeps it interesting throughout. I even loved the build up towards it, having one of the aliens make believe he was one of Mark's favorite comic book characters to recruit him to his planet to meet his father. Was great. The fight? Oh shit, it was fantastic. Like it feels like Dragon Ball Z if Dragon Ba
Cheese
Aug 25, 2015 Cheese rated it really liked it
Fantastic! We're getting somewhere now.
Paz R.M.
4.5 Stars.
Great volume. It was fun, exciting, dramatic and emotional with a few twists that I sure wasn't expecting.

The main plotline of A different World is Mark's trip to another planet. It is quite funny how Kirkman introduces this new extraterrestrial race with the face of an old familiar character, who comes to Mark to ask for his help with the imminent destruction and takeover of his home planet and, even though Cecil is not happy about this, of course Mark will go and help everyone he ca
Maria Kramer
Mar 23, 2017 Maria Kramer rated it really liked it
More twists in this volume, which I really liked. I also liked the weird alien planet stuff, because I'm a sucker for cheesy sci-fi in my superhero comics. Spoilery thoughts: (view spoiler)
Michael Church
May 28, 2013 Michael Church rated it it was amazing
Shelves: image
In the standard sketch section at the end of this book, Kirkman points out he was worried that someone would anticipate the big twist in this book, but I HAD NO CLUE. I'm so glad that this book doesn't get the same kind of press as DC and Marvel titles because it means I don't have spoilers for every story arc popping up and ruining things.

Like the cover description says, the events of this book will change Mark's life forever. It's handled pretty damn well. The reactions are believable and the
Annie
Feb 18, 2017 Annie rated it really liked it
Graphic Novel. When I asked for more about the consequences and origins of Hundred's powers, this isn't what I meant. A blackout? A universe-hopping New Zealander wearing a diving helmet? The weaknesses in this series are really starting to show. Vaughan routinely serves us fully formed conflict with no build-up or teeth, which makes the climax boring because we have nothing invested in the outcome, followed by an unsatisfying resolution, and then everything goes back to the way it was. It's li ...more
Arminzerella
Athousandliveswithbooks
May 17, 2015 Athousandliveswithbooks rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-bd
Ce cinquième tome est plutôt centré sur une autre planètes que Mark doit aider à cause de son père, Nolan, qui est le roi du peuple.

Bien qu'on peut apercevoir le changement de Nolan, je suis déçu qu'il ne veuille plus revenir sur Terre. Surtout, la découverte qu'il réserve à Mark est vraiment un coup bas mais tellement intéressant.

Sur Terre par contre, les héros s'allient face à une menace. La famille et les amis de Mark continuent leurs vies malgré leurs inquiétudes. Je n'aime pas vraiment le c
Jeffrey
Apr 03, 2012 Jeffrey rated it really liked it
Mark is called into space to help an alien world fight off the Viltrumites. But who knows to ask for Mark's help and how will Marks' family, friends, and the entire planet fare without him?

One of the things that comics frequently are lazy about is the impact that absence has. When Peter Parker gets drug off to Latveria or the Beyonder zone or wherever, things are pretty much the same when he gets back. Not so for Robert Kirkman's Invincible. Some comics have broken down the concept of the superh
Sean
Feb 25, 2013 Sean rated it really liked it
Robert Kirkman has such an amazing grasp of the characters in this world he has created. Mark always sounds like Mark and that isn't as easy as it sounds. Here we a long needed reunion that doesn't end well for almost anyone. The background characters are given many chances to steal scenes and they do for the most part but at times I feel there are just too many supporting characters. They don't get enough panels in each trade that readers almost forget what's going on with them. The art is the ...more
John Mccubbin
Sep 01, 2014 John Mccubbin rated it it was amazing
Robert Kirkman puts the series into overdrive with this volume, with it being suspenseful, exciting, dramatic and anything else that makes comics exciting. It is however the dramatic and emotional side of the volume that has the most impact, with the interaction between Mark and his father being simply outstanding. There's also some astonishing action, that adds a lot of liveliness to the series, creating some terrific build-up for the series' future. On top of this there's a new character intro ...more
Katie
Nov 11, 2008 Katie rated it really liked it
I'm still loving Invincible. This volume was better than volume 4 and 5, getting back to some of the family stuff that originally hooked me. They did a much better job developing this insect like alien race, than the underwater one in volume 4. And, I can't wait to dive into volume 7. The only thing I didn't like were the gay comments towards the end. I found it juvenile and offensive. I was surprised that Image would take a step back where Marvel and DC are taking big steps forward.
Ian
Oct 26, 2013 Ian rated it really liked it
It's the closest the series has come to following the (awesome) ramifications that it's set up for itself, and after so much water-treading, it's nice to be back on track.

It's a little disappointing, how forced the dynamic between Nolan and Mark feels. It's as if Nolan's never met Mark before but is willing to give this whole "fatherhood" thing a try--but the guy's only been gone a year, at most.
Alenka
Dec 04, 2015 Alenka rated it really liked it
Whoa, everything just got way more serious. I feel like Mark had to really grow up in this volume, and it was really great to see that, despite all the tragic stuff that happened. I was enjoying this series on a more surface level but I feel so invested in Mark's story, now! They should really get into what Eve is doing in more detail, though.
Paul Allard
Mar 17, 2016 Paul Allard rated it really liked it
This series seems to run on and on: this time, this volume deals with Mark's time at college but mainly with a trip to another planet and a fight with the Viltrunites. Meanwhile the Mauler clones' problems continue and change and other conspiracies develop. Quite good but I now know that this series goes on for a lot longer so will pause for a while before starting Volume 7.
Lance Howard
Jul 20, 2013 Lance Howard rated it really liked it
Shelves: want-to-buy
Mark heads to space to save a planet and finds himself seeing someone he wasn't expecting, not to mention facing foes who are even more powerful than anyone he has ever faced.

A fast paced action story that adds interesting new dynamics for Mark in the story and shows us Invincible is not as tough as we thought, which always makes a character more interesting.
Timothy Boyd
May 10, 2015 Timothy Boyd rated it liked it
A good comic series. Nice plot and art. The stories are a little more graphic and adult than the ones I started off reading in the 1960s but still not as bad as many of the ones that today's comics have turned into. The stories remind me of reading the good solid fun comic books of the older Marvel and DC era of the 1960's but undated to today's world. Recommended
Steve
Jun 09, 2012 Steve rated it it was amazing
Welson Chang
Mar 27, 2009 Welson Chang rated it it was amazing
Invincible: A Different World collects issues 25 - 30 of the monthly series and follows the adventures of Invincible (aka Mark Grayson) as he goes to another world to save it from an alien threat.
I'm trying not to put spoilers in so you have to go read the book yourself. Yes, it's that entertaining.
Fizzgig76
Oct 20, 2009 Fizzgig76 rated it really liked it
Reprints Invincible #25-30. Mark heads to space on a mission and finds his father. This is one of the better books of Invincible. The return of Omni-Man made for an interesting storyline and the introduction of Mark's brother also has interesting ramifications. The unique thing about Invincible is that the characters' pasts actually come into play a lot and this book is a prime example.
matt
May 23, 2008 matt rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comic-books
This series never fails to surprise. It feels like the author has so many stories to tell- that he just can barely contain his excitement. There are so many exciting developments here -and it still leaves the reader hungry for what comes next -- a truly great superhero comic.
Meaghan
Nov 17, 2010 Meaghan rated it liked it
It's actually hard to believe this is the same writer who does The Walking Dead. The writing in Invincible is much, much better.
Charlie Stubblefield
Jan 16, 2013 Charlie Stubblefield rated it really liked it
Enjoyed it. This title always puts out quality stuff.
Brandice
Aug 30, 2009 Brandice rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Definitely one of my favorite volumes. GREAT stuff. :) I'm anxious to start reading the next volume of this series.
Martin
Oct 03, 2012 Martin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comic-book
The best of the Invincible series I've read so far.
Rachel
May 23, 2016 Rachel rated it it was amazing
I love the villains twins story.
Oliver
Nov 25, 2013 Oliver rated it it was amazing
What? this is a strange family
Adam
Feb 27, 2013 Adam rated it it was amazing
The introduction of Mark's brother in a very cool twist. Kirkman really has a handle on the chracter and this genre.
Eric
Aug 02, 2009 Eric rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, superheros
Another great surprise and more shades to the characters. I can see why it can become addicting :) And I think the world needs more Science Dog.
  • Invincible Presents Atom Eve & Rex Splode Volume 1
  • Powers, Vol. 3: Little Deaths
  • Ex Machina, Vol. 3: Fact v. Fiction  (Ex Machina, #3)
  • Dynamo 5, Volume 1: Post-Nuclear Family
  • The Sword, Vol. 3: Earth
  • Supreme Power, Volume 1: Contact
  • Irredeemable, Vol. 1
  • Top 10, Vol. 2
  • The Sword, Vol. 1: Fire
  • NextWave: Agents of H.A.T.E., Volume 2: I Kick Your Face
More about Robert Kirkman...

Invincible (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • Invincible, Vol. 1: Family Matters
  • Invincible, Vol. 2: Eight Is Enough
  • Invincible, Vol. 3: Perfect Strangers
  • Invincible, Vol. 4: Head of the Class
  • Invincible, Vol. 5: The Facts of Life
  • Invincible, Vol. 7: Three's Company
  • Invincible, Vol. 8: My Favorite Martian
  • Invincible, Vol. 9: Out of This World
  • Invincible, Vol. 10: Who's the Boss?
  • Invincible, Vol. 11: Happy Days