Start by marking “Invincible, Vol. 7: Three's Company” as Want to Read:
Invincible, Vol. 7: Three's Company

Invincible, Vol. 7: Three's Company (Invincible #7)

4.22  ·  Rating Details ·  1,268 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
On a trip to Africa, Mark finds himself torn between two lives: his normal life with his girlfriend Amber and his super-hero life with good friend Atom Eve. Decisions, decisions... Also in this volume: Angstrom Levy makes his move and the truth about ROBOT is revealed!
Published October 24th 2006 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Invincible, Vol. 7, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Invincible, Vol. 7

Watchmen by Alan MooreChew, Vol. 1 by John LaymanAkira, Vol. 1 by Katsuhiro OtomoRunaways, Vol. 1 by Brian K. VaughanHellboy, Vol. 1 by Mike Mignola
Favorite Comics
66th out of 85 books — 30 voters
Low, Vol. 1 by Rick RemenderJupiter's Legacy Volume 1 by Mark MillarMorning Glories, Vol. 1 by Nick SpencerInvincible, Vol. 1 by Robert KirkmanInvincible, Vol. 2 by Robert Kirkman
Image Comics Library (TPB only) H-P
44th out of 94 books — 15 voters

More lists with this book...

Paz R.M.
4 Stars.
Invincible: Three's Company collects issues #31-#35.

As always, there are a lot of minor plot lines happening that tease things to come and keep things interesting. In this volume we have a trip to Africa, Robot's side job finally makes sense, we have a new member of the Guardians of the Globe (I love that guy.) We have great, cute and personal moments between Mark and his family AND we get some precious hints to what can help against the viltrumites.

The most important thing, however, is
Sean
Feb 25, 2013 Sean rated it liked it
Robert Kirkman is so invested in the world of Invincible its always fun to read. Here we see Mark dealing with the many complications with his life as a super hero. While the action here is good and bloody as usual there is such a disconnect for me because so many characters seem to get introduced every volume its hard to keep track of them all. That was once again my feeling here. While each character might be interesting they rarely get enough panel time to be memorable. The art was exactly wh ...more
Fizzgig76
Reprints Invincible #31-35 and The Pact #4. Mark debates his relationships with Amber and Eve and is faced with the return of Levy Angstrom. The main criticism I have with this book of Invincible is that it is too short. It is only five issues and backup story from The Pact. Invincible has to be read in order due to its very tight continuity so skipping it is impossible. Though it is tied up in legal problems it would have been nice to see the Invincible/Spider-Man team-up that happens within on ...more
John Mccubbin
Sep 03, 2014 John Mccubbin rated it it was amazing
Robert Kirkman continues to make Invincible a extremely fun comic, as despite having it's extreme moments at it's core it's pure fun. In this volume Kirkman allows the characters to grow, as with Mark's mother re-gaining some purpose in life along with Mark and Amber's vacation allows everyone to have some fun. Or so you'd think. This doesn't become the case, as without going into too much detail, the re-emergence of Armstrong Levy causes a lot of problems for Mark. They are however very dramati ...more
Mauro Cosentino
Jun 12, 2016 Mauro Cosentino rated it it was amazing
Magnificent. Kirkman and Ottley find once again new ways to twist the superhero mythos in fresh angles.
This edition includes a lot of extra material , it's remarkable the level of detail and involvement of Kirkman with his printed work, an author who really cares about all editorial decisions of his creation.
If you are a dad or an uncle with kids in a reading age Invincible could be a good gift ; although some content is quite adult (there's some raw violence) they will love this Universe .
And
Arminzerella
Michael Church
Jun 12, 2013 Michael Church rated it really liked it
Shelves: image
One of the things I like most about this book is the way that it constantly teases at things and then gives a payoff several issues later. However, with this volume, I'm starting to feel like some of those payoffs are rushed and maybe not as satisfying as they could be.

Don't get me wrong, these are some great stories, but some things felt a little too "deus ex machina" for me. For example, Mark gets into a really tight spot after a battle and a whole crew just happens to arrive a few hours late
Alenka
Dec 08, 2015 Alenka rated it liked it
Really enjoying watching Mark grow and cope as his life grows more complicated, but I still want more explanation about Eve's situation. Does anyone resent her for invading and altering the landscape? Why is her main storyline being in love with Mark when her power is so freaking cool? Also someone needs to explain to Kirkman that Africa is a diverse place with many countries and cities in those countries, not just a generic jungle ish place called Africa. wtf?
Timothy Boyd
May 10, 2015 Timothy Boyd rated it liked it
A good comic series. Nice plot and art. The stories are a little more graphic and adult than the ones I started off reading in the 1960s but still not as bad as many of the ones that today's comics have turned into. The stories remind me of reading the good solid fun comic books of the older Marvel and DC era of the 1960's but undated to today's world. Recommended
Paul Allard
Mar 29, 2016 Paul Allard rated it really liked it
Various super-villain plots develop

The Mauler twins are involved in Robot’s plan and the Reanimen plot continues. There’s a fight with Angstrom Levy and a trip to Africa to see Eve. Lots of plot development and a much better volume than some of the previous ones. Maybe having a break from these had made me appreciate this one more. Now for Volume 8.
Jeffrey
Mark's mother adjusts to the new arrival in the household while Mark can't take a hint when he accepts Eve's invitation to visit. Also, Angstrom makes his move and Mark learns a clue to defeating his father's people. Also includes an appearance from The Pact mini-series.

There are some fun elements to this volume, including a great bit with dropping rocks, but it's more a collective of short arcs instead of one big one. There's some movement towards the end and the characterization, as usual, is
Eric
Jul 29, 2016 Eric rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, superheros
There's a lot going on here. Maybe one too many plot threads, but still great. I'm starting to feel the unexpected in this book is becoming expected, but I'm along for the ride. And of course Sofa King...

I really liked Angstrom Levy before the transformation and I really was disgusted by him after. That's great that he could produce that much variety of feeling not just in the look, but also the writing. It melded well. I can see why he insisted on the look he did.
Clay Fernald
Jun 20, 2010 Clay Fernald rated it it was amazing
Shelves: trade-paperbacks
Great backup content.
Quite enjoyed THE PACT issue #4 included here guest starring Shadowhawk (a favorite of mine!)

Getting into Mark's head in a way that's different than getting into Peter Parker's head. If you know what I mean. Great reveal about Mark and his Dad's relationship right at the end of the book. (No Spoiler!)
Lance Howard
Jul 21, 2013 Lance Howard rated it it was amazing
Shelves: want-to-buy
Lots of good plot lines this volume: Angstrom Levy sends Invincible through other dimensions; the truth about Robot is revealed; a certain Martian finds a new purpose, and we get a glimpse into the future for some of the Guardians of the Globe. All this plus Mark's love life gets complicated makes for a fast and fun read.
Ian
Oct 29, 2013 Ian rated it liked it
The slow, convoluted origin of Angstrom Levy pays off, immediately gets dismissed, and births a new plotline that's basically ignored. Lip service paid to Mark being able to help Rick, and then ignored. Mark mentions rescuing Nolan, and then that gets ignored. I'm beginning to see a pattern for Kirkman, here.
Shaun
Jun 26, 2011 Shaun rated it really liked it
Evrery time I pick up another volume of Invincible, I wonder why I waited so long to do so. The main thrust of this volume is relationship tensions going on around Mark as he continues his day job of pummeling bad guys. The human face that Kirkman puts on superheroes in this book is always amazing to me.
Adam
Feb 27, 2013 Adam rated it it was amazing
Another killer collection. Angstrom Levy's attack is written very well and we get a surprising glimpse into Mark's future. Again he is suvha relatable character, even with super powers. A wonderful read for any fan of the genre.
David Stoneking
Apr 08, 2013 David Stoneking rated it it was amazing
Massively violent and chaotic in the first half. A lot more introspective and a slower build up on the second half. I've never been more excited for this series. I highly recommend this one.
Kevin
Aug 05, 2013 Kevin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
I'm glad the potential love triangle between Mark, Amber, and Eve is finally confronted. I love Eve. She's such a tragic character. One of the best in comics.
Ceef
Oct 21, 2011 Ceef rated it really liked it
Invincible just keeps getting better. I think it really captures the essence of what makes a good superhero comic.
Vivek
Jun 18, 2008 Vivek rated it liked it
Shelves: comic-books
More surprises, as Mark defends his family.
Oliver
Joe
Oct 11, 2012 Joe rated it really liked it
great art
Jaimie
Jaimie rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2016
Ben Varner
Ben Varner marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Sean
Sean rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2016
Paul
Paul rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2016
  • Invincible Presents Atom Eve & Rex Splode Volume 1
  • Powers, Vol. 3: Little Deaths
  • Dynamo 5, Volume 1: Post-Nuclear Family
  • Ex Machina, Vol. 4: March to War (Ex Machina, #4)
  • The Sword, Volume 3: Earth
  • Supreme Power, Vol. 1: Contact
  • Irredeemable, Vol. 2
  • The Boys, Volume 7: The Innocents
More about Robert Kirkman...

Invincible (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Invincible, Vol. 1: Family Matters
  • Invincible, Vol. 2: Eight Is Enough
  • Invincible, Vol. 3: Perfect Strangers
  • Invincible, Vol. 4: Head of the Class
  • Invincible, Vol. 5: The Facts of Life
  • Invincible, Vol. 6: A Different World
  • Invincible, Vol. 8: My Favorite Martian
  • Invincible, Vol. 9: Out of This World
  • Invincible, Vol. 10: Who's the Boss?
  • Invincible, Vol. 11: Happy Days