Start by marking “The Anne of Green Gables Cookbook” as Want to Read:
The Anne of Green Gables Cookbook

The Anne of Green Gables Cookbook

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  203 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Inspired by the most famous of all Canadian children's books, L.M. Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables,this cookbook combines easy step-by-step recipes with charming watercolours of Anne and her friends and quotations from three of the ever-popular Anne books. Never before have good things to eat and drink been so successfully derived from cooking episodes in children's lite ...more
Published June 25th 1987 by Oxford University Press, USA

To ask other readers questions about The Anne of Green Gables Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Anne of Green Gables Cookbook

Rose Ann
I wish they would bring out a newer edition.
Jenne
Jun 06, 2012 Jenne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: classics, non-fiction
I, at the grand old age of 32, was a little disappointed that this book contained only a few recipes, as a lot of eating goes on in the Anne books. I was particularly looking for Susan Baker's Silver and Gold cake as the idea of this cake always fascinates me when I re-read Rainbow Valley and it was not included. (I actually found the recipe online today @ http://www.lmm-anne.net/archives/2008...)

However, this would be an excellent for children first learning to cook and bake. I love that each
Tasia
Sep 22, 2013 Tasia rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking
Alright, so, I don't remember making anything out of this book other than raspberry cordial, and I DO remember that going very well. Other than that, this was part of my childhood, flipping through the pages and asking mom if we could make a cake or something. I think we made the pound cake? But again, I can't be sure. Overall, a fun book to have. Most of the rating comes from sentimentality. Like other reviewers have said, there's a lot of cooking that goes on in this series which doesn't make ...more
Penny McGill
If you are thinking of hosting an Anne-themed birthday party, a fun summer celebration, a tea party to be thankful for the change of seasons,perhaps the naming of your favourite dryad then this cookbook is a must have. The recipe in here for raspberry cordial is absolutely perfect and guarantees a good party. You might even make a batch and keep it on a dark shelf in your kitchen pantry.
Shayna
Oct 10, 2008 Shayna rated it liked it
I like some of the recipes but I was hoping it would be more like the Little House cookbook with accurate historic recipes but in there original context.
Angela
Oct 05, 2012 Angela rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks, own
Recently made the second recipe I've done from this book and so far so good. The previous I had made was a yummy moist pound cake. This last one was called Cowcumbers. Chicken pasta salad, w mayo n celery n carrot in cucumbers that are hollowed out. Really good.
Stefani Gleave
Sep 01, 2010 Stefani Gleave rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
i have read this book before but i allways like to read my books twice i dont know why but i sure do like it a little bit more because then i know what is going on. very good book.
Krunge
Aug 23, 2011 Krunge rated it did not like it
I was hoping for something a little more authentic to cook practices during that time period. I'm fairly certain they did not have paper towels, plastic bags, or microwaves.
Lisa
Feb 07, 2009 Lisa rated it really liked it
This is a darling cookbook, but be prepared! Most of the recipes are authentic to the time period, and the chocolate caramels will NOT be what you are expecting! :)
Carisa
Nov 04, 2013 Carisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute little book. Probably would have ADORED it when I was about 13/14. I grew up loving Anne of Green Gables. I still plan on making raspberry cordial!
Beka
Jan 18, 2012 Beka rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
I read this as a kid, so I don't really remember that much. It's a cute book designed to let you cook some of the dishes mentioned in the book.
Mary
Mar 20, 2011 Mary added it
Shelves: food, caoimhe
LOVE this book! It has Marilla's plum pudding (mouse optional) and Diana's drunken raspberry cordial.
Kristen
Jul 25, 2009 Kristen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, 2009
Quotes from Anne books and recipes based on scenes from books. We tried the caramel pudding.
Donna
Jul 21, 2012 Donna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My all time favorite!
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Tema
Tema marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Pat Winter
Pat Winter marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Henna
Henna marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
April Harrison
April Harrison marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Shelia
Shelia marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Katy
Katy marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Eileen
Eileen marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2016
LNH
LNH marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
minniemon
minniemon marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
  • The Narnia Cookbook: Foods from C. S. Lewis's The Chronicles of Narnia
  • The Secret Garden Cookbook: Recipes Inspired by Frances Hodgson Burnett's THE SECRET GARDEN
  • The Winnie-the-Pooh Cookbook
  • Roald Dahl's Even More Revolting Recipes
  • The Jane Austen Cookbook
  • Fairy Tale Feasts: A Literary Cookbook for Young Readers and Eaters
  • Green Eggs and Ham Cookbook
  • The Nancy Drew Cookbook: Clues to Good Cooking (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #0)
  • The Alice in Wonderland Cookbook: A Culinary Diversion
  • The Redwall Cookbook
  • Cherry Cake and Ginger Beer: A Golden Treasury of Classic Treats
  • The Little House Cookbook: Frontier Foods from Laura Ingalls Wilder's Classic Stories
  • The Tasha Tudor Cookbook: Recipes and Reminiscences from Corgi Cottage