Start by marking “Shock For The Secret Seven” as Want to Read:
Shock For The Secret Seven

Shock For The Secret Seven (The Secret Seven #13)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  1,444 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Dogs are disappearing from the village, but the Seven are so busy arguing and falling out with each other that they don't even notice. Then poor Scamper becomes the latest victim and it's all systems go for the Secret Seven!
Published 1973 by Knight (first published 1961)

To ask other readers questions about Shock For The Secret Seven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shock For The Secret Seven

Raja99
Yet another fun and fair mystery. I was kept guessing till (almost) the very end. On the minus side, it does reuse ideas of an earlier book. On the plus side, it closes with a terrific sentimental scene.

Back cover blurb:

"Dogs are disappearing in the village where the Secret Seven live! But the Seven are too busy quarreling to investigate! Then poor Scamper disappears..."

I read the Galaxy Children's Large Print Edition, ISBN 0-7540-6152-3, 134 pages.

(Finished 14:23EST 2007-12-05.)
Sahil (w7)
It was a little bit boring at the starting but it was a exciting story at the end.
Hina
Okay fine yeah. They had me guessing! It was good fun!
Guntas Singh
nice but too predictable
Tom Seward

Enid Blyton is an amazing childrens author, bestselling in the
world. Although almost undiscovered by Americans.

This series (The Secret Seven) Features 7 children who form a
backyard club. They love to have meetings with Secret
Passwords, etc. Soon, they begin to fall into mysteries. This
series is for the younger reader than the other series Enid
Blyton wrote for children. 8-10 years old maybe.
Great reading. introduce your children to Enid Blyton today!
Adeeb
Enid Blyton was my favorite author as a child. There's a reason behind all this. I simply love her writing. She's definitely inspirational. Even though I'm too old for The Secret Seven books, I really enjoyed this book and thought it was well-written and crafted.
Adele
these books i grew up with. i wanted to be a part of their adventures and i was when i read them. i reccommend these books for any child under 10.
I has been a while scince i read these books so i can't give a proper review.
Tamaki
I can feel the sense of excitement and at last,exhilaration as I read this book,reading how the seven children solve mysteries which I felt was unsolvable for them.
Natasha
Dogs are being stolen all over the village and poor old Scamper is one of them, although he was probably glad to get away from pompous Peter for a while!

Deb Sharp
i wonder if kid today read these books then make little secret clubs just like my friends and I did as a child?
Sally
Good grief, not Scamper! Imagine if someone stole Timmy! Wait, did anyone ever steal Timmy?
Hil
Meghna
reminds me of our school library....nice to see my daughter readin this
Srivardhan Ramesh
Exciting and interesting especially scamper scampering around!
Jessica J.
crecí leyendo sus libros y me sirvieron bien
Tiago
Tiago added it
Dec 26, 2014
Anya
Anya added it
Dec 21, 2014
  • The Naughtiest Girl Saves the Day (The Naughtiest Girl, #7)
  • Fun and Games at Malory Towers  (Malory Towers, #10)
  • The Voodoo Plot (Hardy Boys, #72)
  • Herra Darwinin puutarhuri
  • Sophie Is Seven (Sophie, #5)
  • Seventeen
  • The Prime Minister's Brain
  • Helsinki 12
  • South by Southeast (Diamond Brothers, #3)
  • The Nine Lives of Montezuma
Born in 1897 in South London, Enid Mary Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 1924 marriage to editor Hugh Pollock, with whom she had tw ...more
More about Enid Blyton...
The Magic Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree, #2) The Enchanted Wood (The Faraway Tree, #1) Five on a Treasure Island (Famous Five, #1) The Faraway Tree Stories (The Faraway Tree #1-3) The Folk of the Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree, #3)